ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Do the books get buried during playoffs?

Ever since I can remember, making money in bowl season was and is still a common occurrence.

Most seasons, I tend to drift back and forth between up or down - but once the time playoffs come around I make a killing.

In baseball, I couldn't pick a winner to save my life. These playoffs have been good to me.

NBA playoffs was insanely good to me last year, but I suspect that is the case for many. Which leads to the question.

Do books see less of a profit during a leagues respective playoffs?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

good question, I don't think Baseball gets as much action, and with these two teams and not teams like the Yanks, Bosox, ect it shouldn't make or break anyone.

sometimes the bigger deal is when I huge preseason dog to win the WS makes it there, like TB a few years back I think

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I am pretty sure playoffs make books the most money for two reasons. 1) More viewers likely equals more gamblers. 2) Games that have more viewers (hence likely more gamblers) have sharper lines. IE: A super bowl line is much less likely to have a side with significant value than a low level mid-major game in September.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Books always win, your just sharp

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

I used to hang out with a pretty good sized local a few years ago and he told me he lost 16 playoff games in a row. He thought his "taking a bath" streak was over after game fifteen but the other team came back to win in unbelievable fashion. He took out the TV with his bottle of Bud when the game turned against him. He apoligized to the bartender and went out and replaced the TV next day and the streak finally ended. "I should have took out that TV last week. It felt so good it was worth the $500".