No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why does it not surprise me that NYSG had a monster weekend.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14174

before we go any further w/this in-depth analysis who is landers/deemer on

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

u could look at it as, verlander is better than any sf pitcher so try to win the other games

and maybe they get lucky and hit on him

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    u could look at it as, verlander is better than any sf pitcher so try to win the other games

and maybe they get lucky and hit on him
    just because he is better doesnt mean they will win...verlander has been hit pretty well in several games this season.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    before we go any further w/this in-depth analysis who is landers/deemer on
    It's getting to the point where we might have to start paying for their fades-I mean picks. They make it too easy.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    just because he is better doesnt mean they will win...verlander has been hit pretty well in several games this season.

Verlander has been tagged in a few, but overall it is a rare occurrence. In his last 7 games, he has allowed 4 ER's total.

Zito has racked up alot of wins due to run support. His record doesn't accurately reflect how he has pitched. His WHIP and ERA are those of a mediocre pitcher, actually he is below league average in ERA by .14 and WHIP by .08. Verlander is obviously much better than league averages, +1.37ERA, +.25 WHIP.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    It's laughable that people are comparing the all-star game (which is an unimportant exhibition game) withe the fukkin world series.
    Its actually pretty fukking hilarious. Panda had 1ab against Verlander and hit a 3 rbi triple in an ALL STAR game and people say Panda owns him. Lol

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers STRUGGLE against soft tossing lefties - under is the play

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Tigers sweep

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    JV's one of the only cats that can overcompensate for all of Detroit's shortcomings behind him (bad defense, bad bullpen). With that being said, those things could definitely come into play unless he brings his A+++ game. If anyone can it's him, but still a risk to assume that happens each and every time he pitches.

HOT WINGS

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Im sure the line will be ridiculous to try to get action on Zitos side. He probably will be +150 or so.
    Hit it right on the money. Zito opens at +150 on 5D

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Hit it right on the money. Zito opens at +150 on 5D
    Doubt any number entices enough action for the public to consider SF here.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    This has 11-3 written all over it in favor of Detroit and a Detroit series win in 5 games.

SF Giants blew their load in the NLCS series.
    this is exactly what i said last night. they have come back from down 0-2 and 3-1. yes that shows a ton of a heart and hell of a baseball team.

BUT they blew their load. that was their WS. they are going to be emotionally spent and flat. its JVs time to get a ring. destiny.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post
    everytime this dumb motherfukker posts a thread, the exact opposite happens. can't make this shit up
    do you want me to bury you? cause you never responded in the thread i told you, in threads i posted in this weekend, SF ML won, stanford, nfl teaser, ncaaf teaser, lsu, colts under 2nd half. oregon st 1q under went 6-1 on sbr homepage articles, all documented on the site. you obviously didnt answer in any of those threads. u just focus on the TWO threads that turned opposite.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    this is exactly what i said last night. they have come back from down 0-2 and 3-1. yes that shows a ton of a heart and hell of a baseball team.

BUT they blew their load. that was their WS. they are going to be emotionally spent and flat. its JVs time to get a ring. destiny.
    Hope you're right as a Tiger fan, but what would make you assume that? Couldn't the same have been said after they came back from 2-0 down to beat Cincy and then they fell behind 3-1 to StL? That they "blew their load" and were "emotionally spent and flat"?

Verlander is one pitcher for two, maybe three games in the series. The rest of the time, the Tigers will be relying on their sub-par bullpen, defense and inexperienced pitchers for the most part who have never been in this position before. The Giants have.

zoo youk

as far as being down 3-1, the Cardinals bats just went ice cold, something like 1-28 with RISP?? team hit .190 the remaining of the series. than they went back home with cain and vogelsong going.

the tigers are a much deeper line up. i mean, fuk miggy and prince really didn't even live up to par yet and look where they are. its been Dirks, the young kid Garcia, Young and Peralta with huge hits...that is fkn scary when you think about it, that Miggy and Prince still have yet to come around...Detroit is not going to fall flat on their face like STL did..also a huge stat is STL gave up 10+ unearned runs, that is unheard of.

SF has not faced pitching in straight days of JV, Scherzer, Fister, Sanchez. they've faced fkn Lohse, Lynn, Wainwright, Arroyo, and an awful Latos in game 5.

its not like SF has faced shut down pitching and prevailed in 1 run games. the pitchers they were facing simply blew the fuk up. SF is NOT as good as advertised right now, hitting.

zoo youk

i mean, Marco Scutaro was their MVP. put that into perspective. a slap singles hitter. not taking anything away from him, he had an absolute monster series and post season, but if he doesn't have runners on base to drive in, which he wont, those llittle slap singles won't do any damage.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You make it sound like Detroit is some infallible team. Defense shaky, bullpen sub-par, no team speed, hitting suspect vs. lefties....

Again, I think the Tigers ultimately take this series. It won't be a cakewalk, though.

zoo youk

go to fangraphs and you will see Zito has been benefited by luck than more pure skill. he has an xERA that is 4.92, a BAPIP of .280, has served up 20 home runs and 70 walks in just 184 innings pitched and has a line drive percentage of 20%.

lets not act like this guy has been reborn all the sudden. The Tigers are not going to miss on his 80 mph fastballs when he doesn't locate.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You make it sound like Detroit is some infallible team. Defense shaky, bullpen sub-par, no team speed, hitting suspect vs. lefties....

Again, I think the Tigers ultimately take this series. It won't be a cakewalk, though.
    in the regular season. they haven't played like this in the post season though and that is what it's all about. they are hitting on all cylinders at the right time.

in the other thread you said Coke sucked. we'll he certainly took a huge step forward last series. thats big for his confidence. Benoit, i dont remember gettting rocked all post season and alberquerque has been shut down.

i am not saying they are perfect but i think you are under valuing your own team just a bit.

and no team speed? Austin Jackson and Quintin Berry hitting 1-2 are burners...come on bro..have some faith

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

go to fangraphs and you will see Zito has been benefited by luck than more pure skill. he has an xERA that is 4.92, a BAPIP of .280, has served up 20 home runs and 70 walks in just 184 innings pitched and has a line drive percentage of 20%.

lets not act like this guy has been reborn all the sudden. The Tigers are not going to miss on his 80 mph fastballs when he doesn't locate.
    Tigers have struggled vs. soft-tossing lefties all year long.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

in the regular season. they haven't played like this in the post season though and that is what it's all about. they are hitting on all cylinders at the right time.

in the other thread you said Coke sucked. we'll he certainly took a huge step forward last series. thats big for his confidence. Benoit, i dont remember gettting rocked all post season and alberquerque has been shut down.

i am not saying they are perfect but i think you are under valuing your own team just a bit.

and no team speed? Austin Jackson and Quintin Berry hitting 1-2 are burners...come on bro..have some faith
    Jackson is the fastest of the bunch, which isn't saying much.

Berry hasn't had a hit since May.

zoo youk

well your def a glass half empty guy lol

HOT WINGS

Berry wont have to hit he probably wont be used in this series except maybe at home against RH pitching. He probably will pinch run some though. Tigers have 6 of there 9 starters hitting .257 or better in playoffs. Prince is there worst regular at .211. Giants have 2 with Panda and Scutaro. Who is going to step it up for them? Posey should but he has stunk this postseason with a .178 average.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Why does it not surprise me that NYSG had a monster weekend.
    When you actually make a profit over the long-term then speak.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Why do ppl think Verlander is the best? this SF Team ISNT the Yankees plus detroit sittin waiting SF Wins

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

well your def a glass half empty guy lol
    Have you seen Berry "hit"? (I use that term very loosely)

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    When you actually make a profit over the long-term then speak.
    Still waiting for your threads chief. Where are they? You post plays all the time in other people's threads -- why not just start your own big guy?

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Am expecting a let down from the Giants, after they rose so high to wax the Cards 3 straight. Tigers should be Champs at this point.

KktdocT
    United Kingdom
    KktdocT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chimneyfish
    Chimneyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1283

Quote Originally Posted by 4seasons View Post
    Am expecting a let down from the Giants, after they rose so high to wax the Cards 3 straight.
    Did you expect the same thing to happen in the Cards series after the Giants had to win three straight in Cincinnati?

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Jerry Davis named Game 1 home umpire. Zito's numbers with Davis as home ump
    5.03 ERA and 25 BBs in 35 innings pitched.
    Last edited by fergie's balls; 10-23-12 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Every thread, personal attacks...no real discussion but i know it all better...SBR needs to ban many more people to make this a good place again.

Joe D. 416
    Joe D. 416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9326

OO-FA, madone, Smoke - who is that broad in your picture???

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

should we take in consideration verlanders start against NL in all star league?

First 1234 Last