Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    im sure it could be done... but it wont. The NY Yankees wouldnt belittle the integrity of their organization by going to court over such a thing.. if he agrees to waive his no trade clause, expect him in either a marlins, dodgers, or Angels jersey.. NYY would have to eat about 80 million of whats owed to him though..
    Arod and Vernon Wells both playing for the Angels? LOL. Theres no way thats happening. The Angels made one of the worst trades ever when they aquired Wells and his 25 million dollar a year contract. Theres just no way they have those two guys making around 50 million a year. No way. Angels like Izturis and the 3 million he makes a year. Theyll offer him a extension after next year if he produces.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Everyone has made wonderful and impressive comments but I want to reiterate a few points:

1. Donald Trump's comments aren't so far fetched. In fact, if any major league baseball owner is listening to his "business" comments.... they may consider his opinion.

2. A-Rod's contract is significantly high. Even though you can trade him to the Marlins and eat 80% of his contract... why would you? Money is money. We're not talking about 5 million. We're talking around 100 million. I don't care what kind of coin you're making as a MLB owner. Nobody wants to lose 100 million to a MLB player who isn't producing especially at the age of 37. You've also humiliated the NY Franchise by his antics.

3. If A-Rod wants to be Fair, Reasonable, and SMART... he would renegotiate the contract. But, if he wants to play Hardball... The Yankees organization has to defend itself and their reputation. There's many unique things that could develop out of this.

A. If A-Rod doesn't negotiate... you could contest the contract stating that... at the time of the contract he was supposedly on steroids. They must prove this... I don't know exactly how they could? But, information does surface mysteriously. They could contest that based upon his "producing numbers" the Yankees organization was mislead and never knew that A-Rod was on Steroids or PED's. They believed it was all natural.

Like I said before... this is quite interesting... and this is just the beginning of this story. I would love to see what transpires. This isn't your average 2-5 million contract a year in baseball for a player. This is one of the highest paid contracts in all of sports. You could practically pay an attorney under 5 million to fight for you on this case... and still save a lot of money on the back end. The Yankees must think logically and business minded. They're not going to let A-Rod get away with this... No Sir.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

This is not news....the issue was already brought up when his sample was leaked.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Everyone has made wonderful and impressive comments but I want to reiterate a few points:

1. Donald Trump's comments aren't so far fetched. In fact, if any major league baseball owner is listening to his "business" comments.... they may consider his opinion.

2. A-Rod's contract is significantly high. Even though you can trade him to the Marlins and eat 80% of his contract... why would you? Money is money. We're not talking about 5 million. We're talking around 100 million. I don't care what kind of coin you're making as a MLB owner. Nobody wants to lose 100 million to a MLB player who isn't producing especially at the age of 37. You've also humiliated the NY Franchise by his antics.

3. If A-Rod wants to be Fair, Reasonable, and SMART... he would renegotiate the contract. But, if he wants to play Hardball... The Yankees organization has to defend itself and their reputation. There's many unique things that could develop out of this.

A. If A-Rod doesn't negotiate... you could contest the contract stating that... at the time of the contract he was supposedly on steroids. They must prove this... I don't know exactly how they could? But, information does surface mysteriously. They could contest that based upon his "producing numbers" the Yankees organization was mislead and never knew that A-Rod was on Steroids or PED's. They believed it was all natural.

Like I said before... this is quite interesting... and this is just the beginning of this story. I would love to see what transpires. This isn't your average 2-5 million contract a year in baseball for a player. This is one of the highest paid contracts in all of sports. You could practically pay an attorney under 5 million to fight for you on this case... and still save a lot of money on the back end. The Yankees must think logically and business minded. They're not going to let A-Rod get away with this... No Sir.

Like he would ever give money back

And the union would not allow it even if he were willing too

He already tried to re-negotiate his previous 252 million dollar contract so he could be traded to the Red Sox. Wanted to shave 16 million off the deal and the union said no

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    Once again Trump doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

If the Yankees ever had grounds to terminate that contract they'd be gone now as they've let him play under it for a few years now since the steroid info came out.
    bingo. if i had a nickle for every time Donald Trump made a moronic public statement, i'd be as rich as.... Donald Trump (multiple bankruptcies notwithstanding). that idiot even thinks that his tv show was good, failing to appreciate that the IQ of the average american is about 70.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Br0nxer View Post

Like he would ever give money back

And the union would not allow it even if he were willing too

He already tried to re-negotiate his previous 252 million dollar contract so he could be traded to the Red Sox. Wanted to shave 16 million off the deal and the union said no
    Lol...

Yah, Lamar Odoms gonna be cutting the
    MAVS a check anyday now and I'm sure Arod will be giving the YANKEES back some of his salary.

scottsins
    scottsins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Donald Trump is not a lawyer, and has zero clue what he is talking about regarding this defense to a breach of contract suit, should they choose to just quit paying him.

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Just like when they were gonna terminate Giambis contract

Was never gonna happen

Hell they tried to send Giambi to AAA and he denied that.

UNION would never let this happen

First 12