melincrea
    melincrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pathetic all-in attempt..

My bankroll was just over $2600 in early April. Throughout April, it fluctuated +/- 200 more or less. On May 2nd, my bankroll was at it's climax at $2687.-- built from $900. On this day, my balance is $129.28.

I don't know how I lost it all.. bets were in range and reasonable, never on tilt or betting more when losing early in the afternoon. I made bets, followed people on these forums every now and then but sadly this is what it has come to.

Extra useless information:
    I happened to be riding the Jays for their 9 game losing streak, layed off them for a bit. I was going to start betting on them again when they faced Texas. I decided to lay off of it instead; first two games vs Texas = win. I bet the third; lose.

Continue betting throughout their next series vs Florida. I bet all three games; they lost all three. Said that's it, enough of Toronto. Against Philadelphia, they went 3-0 as I layed off of them!! And again, I lusted for the Jays' to win and ended up losing again.

So, with my remaining $129 and cents, I am putting $127 to win $100 tomorrow on Detroit!

Good Luck SBR! If this fails, I will never be here ever again as I do not have the funds to continue gambling.

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Time out did you say you bet Philadelphia all 3 games at home against Florida? A yes or no would be all I need...

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Cardinals ML is the best bet tomorrow. Royals have little league bats, Cards bats are hot as ever. Plus the Cards have the best pitching in tomorrows game.

melincrea

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    Time out did you say you bet Philadelphia all 3 games at home against Florida? A yes or no would be all I need...
    No no, that whole paragraph was one about Toronto. I retracted my bets on Toronto vs. Philadelphia. (the reason for this was because Toronto let me down on their games against Florida).

BTW, I would like to throw in a little thanks to:
    cocknocker - I know he goes on his streaky MLB shit but he was probably what brought my original bankroll up to it's state with NBA
    TodaysAction - also streaky, but I had my fun
    jellobiafra - you had some nice picks lately!

Money is already on Detroit, thanks Houlihans! Good Luck with that bet! I'll throw it on a $2 parlay along with 5 other plays..

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sounds like someone was chasing...

melincrea

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Sounds like someone was chasing...
    You could say that, but I never really doubled-up my bets following a loss. I have excellent money management - but I believe my biggest mistake was not taking a break after my first 4-day losing streak (which totaled $800).

I post this not hoping to get flamed, and I do hope no assumptions are made in regards to my ability to handicap/sports bets (but I myself will say, they let me down/failed miserably)

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by melincrea View Post
    You could say that, but I never really doubled-up my bets following a loss. I have excellent money management - but I believe my biggest mistake was not taking a break after my first 4-day losing streak (which totaled $800).

I post this not hoping to get flamed, and I do hope no assumptions are made in regards to my ability to handicap/sports bets (but I myself will say, they let me down/failed miserably)
    It's tough man. I would say that Baseball has been the hardest thing for me to cap as well. I am slowly learning that this is alot like Hockey. Dogs win ALL the time... The season is much too long.. Maybe play around on paper with a new approach or strategy and give it another shot?

G's pks
    Update your status

Sorry to hear this... Win or lose it is time for a break... Take some time off... You will have to come back with a different attitude. trying to just pick one team is a major problem ... Why?.... Because it is not really giving you the chance to learn about other teams...

Also you were involved in an undisciplined chase so you never had a chance!

I follow a chase system I developed and I caution every few games they are very risky...and you must be extremely disciplined...and follow exactly... you cannot skip in and out of games! That is more like random guessing! Chases are very hard..and just thinking you can jump in and out of one is impossible.

My system is extremely complicated...based on a ton of stats... And my first chase system did hit a big bump... But with my second one...now that I am up...I am betting smaller...and adding to it very slowly...

Problem is once you start losing..you never go smaller...maybe the same maybe higher...

take a break... Gl if you come back... G.

melincrea

Quote Originally Posted by G's pks View Post
    you cannot skip in and out of games! That is more like random guessing!
    Thanks G. I read around a lot and I see you bash others, and I see others call you an ass hole and stuff. I never thought that; although I was never too fond of the kinds of things you say against others hehe.

I will probably be back next January if this bet loses! See you all tomorrow!

G's pks
    Update your status

Thanks G. I read around a lot and I see you bash others, and I see others call you an ass hole and stuff. I never thought that; although I was never too fond of the kinds of things you say against others hehe.

I will probably be back next January if this bet loses! See you all tomorrow!

I like to joke around... Zboiz is my favorite... But seriously...hopefully you get back on track... When I got back into baseball I knew for me to win it would take hours of work weekly and finding an edge in any game, series or whatever is what it is all about..that way if it does not work you can at least look back and think you bet with purpose...

darkenergy
    darkenergy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 522

Wish the best of luck to you tomorrow on Detroit Melincrea.
    But why put the whole thing in one game tomorrow? Never a good idea.
    I remember a guy in this NBA forum got his account downed to couple bucks that he had to play blackjack to get above $5 in order to wage one game. But then he got a nice streak that brought his account back to couple grands after couple weeks or so.
    I hope Detroit will cash for you nicely tomorrow, but then you should be patient to slowly built your bankroll. DO NOT put all egg in one basket like that.
    BOL

melincrea

Extra useless information:
    I happened to be riding the Jays for their 9 game losing streak, layed off them for a bit. I was going to start betting on them again when they faced Texas. I decided to lay off of it instead; first two games vs Texas = win. I bet the third; lose.

Continue betting throughout their next series vs Florida. I bet all three games; they lost all three. Said that's it, enough of Toronto. Against Philadelphia, they went 3-0 as I layed off of them!! And again, I lusted for the Jays' to win and ended up losing again.
    You see this shit? I did not bet on Jays today and they will win. I don't care if it's only the 2nd inning; they will win today.

melincrea

So, with my remaining $129 and cents, I am putting $127 to win $100 tomorrow on Detroit!