cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Crumbs Leans for Saturday 6/20/09

Here's what I like for today. I am heading out to a park to meet with the guy for a jumpe for my daughter as today is her birthday! But at any rate...I have my picks but I won't be able to make the write up right away..

O's+135 Bergesen is the real thing
    Braves+1.5 -135 (Lowe is due for a correction)
    Marlins-110 They have all the advantages, let's see if they can use them well.

Now I know that we have a guy here this morning who came up with a beautiful thread using my name and saying this and that. We all know what happens to guys who run their mouth. They get called onto the floor. I PM'd the gentleman wth a proposition that will get both he and I out of our comfort zones. I asked that this guy and another guy have a two week go with me on the following sports: WNBA and MLB. We'll see how it works out. I criticized his lack of play in any sport other baseball, and he criticized me about my recnt slump in baseball, although I am making a killing with my MLB system which of course he has no idea about.

G's Picks and Shortstop, you are being called out to participate in two simultaneous sports challenges.

I need a little something to get it going, and you two motherf*ckers made it happen.

We need a score keeper, and we need for these two competitiors to agree to particiapte in both. The winner will have a combined winning% for both sports combined over a two week span. Everything counts as only one unit. The unit risk amount is counted against your tally if it is a negative money wager

I love it when unknowns step up and get their cough syrup. You two ain't in my league
    Last edited by cocknocker; 06-20-09 at 11:09 AM.

cocknocker

Just how I like it, nice and direct.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

CK, don't sweat the haters man. Neither one of them is going to take you on in WNBA. And we know G doesn't want to get involved in any competition where he'd have to pick more than one game a week.... and it'll be the squarest biggest money line favorite on the board when he finds that one special play worthy of his endorsement. But he'll spend all day here popping into threads where a poster had the balls to put their plays up and then the bad luck of having them lose. G will be the first one there to mock that guy. He's the definition of a troll. Not worth your time really.

I'm with you on the Marlins -106 today. I'm also on the under 8 -120 in that game. And I think Santana is going to shut down the Rays. I've got the Mets -116.

Panekkkk
    Panekkkk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 567

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    CK, don't sweat the haters man. Neither one of them is going to take you on in WNBA. And we know G doesn't want to get involved in any competition where he'd have to pick more than one game a week.... and it'll be the squarest biggest money line favorite on the board when he finds that one special play worthy of his endorsement. But he'll spend all day here popping into threads where a poster had the balls to put their plays up and then the bad luck of having them lose. G will be the first one there to mock that guy. He's the definition of a troll. Not worth your time really.

I'm with you on the Marlins -106 today. I'm also on the under 8 -120 in that game. And I think Santana is going to shut down the Rays. I've got the Mets -116.
    Marlins cannot hit. Aside from the sweep of the Blue Jays their hitting is horrendous over their last 10. Go ahead, exclude the Blue Jays series and check their slugging %. Johnson is the real deal but they are due for a loss with him on the mound (coming off 5 straight team wins with him pitching).

Marlins are averaging 1.5 runs over their last 4. Can they beat the Yanks with that? They very well might lose 3-2 or 4-3 in extra innings.

With Johnson on the mound they definitely have the edge (there is no arguing how good he is, literally CY Young material: more K's than hits, has given up more than 3 runs once this year) but I'd stay away! GL though I'll be cheering for ya
    Last edited by Panekkkk; 06-20-09 at 11:05 AM.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

CK, don't forget that today is your Misus birthday.

Happy birthday Style.

jellobiafra

Well Panekkk... that's why it's called gambling. And why would you suggest excluding the stats from a 3 game series that they did well in? If you are going to go to such lengths to manipulate past performance indicators to fit your opinion of the game, then why even use those indicators at all? And I don't think they will continue to avg 1.4 runs for long. Today I expect them to score more than the Yankees. You did notice that I have the under in that game as well though, right?

jellobiafra

Quote Originally Posted by pronk View Post

cocknocker

The ladies went to meet the jumper guy.

Varitek and a few others are killing the Red Sox. I look at their hitting average over the last three
    games and it is atrocious. A .156 batting average and .299 slugging % are horrid. Lowe also has been sucking it up lately as well giving up 7 runs and 8 hits in 2 1/3 against the Orioles in one of the games I actually got right last week, but he is obviously due for a correction this week. Pitching against the Sox should be interesting for him. I just hope that he didn't go out with the guys from the other side last night. Beckett has a 0.92 WHIP over his last 3 games, but take away that blasting that Lowe took against the O's and his number is quite comptitive 1.21. The Braves are tearing the lid off of the baseball springing up the slugging% chart at an alarming rate over the last 3 games and are now at .441. To get up from the 2's and get into the mid 4's is astonishing in such a short period of time. Hope that those hot bats continue through the end of the game today for me, my teams have found every conceivable way to give away games late for me during this cold streak.

I hate going against the Phils in the middle of a losing streak, but Bergesen is the real thing. And he goes deep into games which is something that I really like given the bullpen miracle losses I have had. I need guys that can give me 7 plus innings on the bump. I had to start factoring that into the equation as well. The bullpens have been just killing tickets. Johnson is a quality guy who goes long innings for the Marlins, Lowe is an energizer bunny when not getting shelled, and usually gives you 7 innings (I have him on my fantasy league squad so I know that this is a risky play as I use him mostly as aNL only play, but he is cool in certai AL situations. Pitching against the best that the Beantowners have to offer will raise the level of his play. He is NOT a +150 pitcher to anyone win or lose)

Vargas is an interesting pick. The Mariners have no where to place him with guys coming back and Morrow being inserted nto the pitching lineup he is on the back burner after just one bad loss at Colorado. The Rockies were slugging in the high 6's at that time so he had it coming. He is obviously on some sort of pitch count as he rarely goes over 6 innings but he has only given up more than 3 runs only once (Rockies) which means that he is keeping his team in the game. But since he isn't going long into games the money placed on him was minimal put played anyway as the Mariners could actually either blow the D-Backs out or lose by 3. I dropped this game because he is an action hero

Panekkkk

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    Well Panekkk... that's why it's called gambling. And why would you suggest excluding the stats from a 3 game series that they did well in? If you are going to go to such lengths to manipulate past performance indicators to fit your opinion of the game, then why even use those indicators at all? And I don't think they will continue to avg 1.4 runs for long. Today I expect them to score more than the Yankees. You did notice that I have the under in that game as well though, right?
    Past 4 is still a reasonable indicator of future performance. They do give Johnson decent run support, just wary of the Fish. Been burned too many times

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

jello
    TB is red hot right now with their bats...

so far I see 1 early play I like...MIL...Bush due for a correction and Brewers bats are hot right now...

GL

Spaceviews
    Spaceviews's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey, you know what, I don't care who you are - EVERYONE HAS BAD DAYS- I personally made a Killing from CK's wnba picks yesterday. I am EXTREMELY GRATEFUL because I am tailing, And don't know my head from my ass when it comes to wnba, or baseball (on His level at least). Point is, stop backseat driving and let the man do His thing. I'm sorry, just had to get that out. I lost a few units on CK's baseball picks yesterday but it does not come close to the amount of units I've gained. Its a marathon not a walk to the bathroom. Thanx again CK

Panekkkk

Jello,

This should help your confidence:

A-Rod not expected tonight due to fatigue.
    Similarly, Ordonez not expected according to sportsinsights.com

http://sportsinsights.com/overnight-injury-report.aspx

cocknocker

Nice start to the day with the quickest win you'll ever see in baseball!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7671

happy b-day to your girl ck my brother

GreatDanes52
    GreatDanes52's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey whats up guys... Does anyone know a website where I can find and track the change in MLB lines including runline, totals, and prop bets?

thegenix
    thegenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What is a good site to see a listing of pitchers by WHIP?

j0hnnyv
    Nadal -210
    j0hnnyv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

G's Pks called out someone on sbr about their record/record keeping/losing, etc. noooo that doesnt sound like him????

CK: where is your running record for these posted plays you do every day. is it listed somewhere?

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

cards -1.5/+100 (3x)

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Happy birthday to your girl CK.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

Quote Originally Posted by Panekkkk View Post
    Marlins cannot hit. Aside from the sweep of the Blue Jays their hitting is horrendous over their last 10. Go ahead, exclude the Blue Jays series and check their slugging %. Johnson is the real deal but they are due for a loss with him on the mound (coming off 5 straight team wins with him pitching).

Marlins are averaging 1.5 runs over their last 4. Can they beat the Yanks with that? They very well might lose 3-2 or 4-3 in extra innings.

With Johnson on the mound they definitely have the edge (there is no arguing how good he is, literally CY Young material: more K's than hits, has given up more than 3 runs once this year) but I'd stay away! GL though I'll be cheering for ya

I just think thats a another reason why the Marlins win today.. top to bottom this team has some guys who can really crush the ball.. I said it at the start of the season and I say it again.. this team has 5 or 6 players who will have 20+ homers this year...

Yankees have never seen johnson.. so i think he is going to crush them.. also A rod is going to be out the lineup today and they Yankees have to send a Pitcher to bat in the NL stadium.. another advantage i think for the marlins.. i know petite hit decent for the yankees yesterday but i don't see that happening again today... remember andy used to play national league so he is used to swinging a bat.. today that isn't the case..

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3457

two picks today

Marlins

baltimore team total over 4

ragiche

CK,Dex,

Who do you like on the mil/Det game? Can you give some a little bit of insights?

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    Detroit -110
    Detroit -1.5 +175
    Got some value here with Detroit as Milwaukee not hitting righties for sh*t lately...also like playing pitchers making their debut...Detroit got the win yesterday.. it continues...

Chicago White Sox +140
    Chicago White Sox -1.5 +210
    I always play road teams that are dogs or small favs off two consecutive one run losses.... playing a team that they just lost to.

Oakland A's -125
    Oakland A's -1.5 +130
    SD just a mess right now...they need to win another before i go with them...

GL

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnnyv View Post
    G's Pks called out someone on sbr about their record/record keeping/losing, etc. noooo that doesnt sound like him????

CK: where is your running record for these posted plays you do every day. is it listed somewhere?
    When I start to charge for my picks I will keep a record. If I am involved in a challenge I will keep a record. If I am keeping a running monetary tally for the sake of educational purposes (such as in the WNBA thread) I will keep a record. If it is post-season in any sport, I will keep a record. But for my everyday, no I don't. I don't play every play for the same amount, and I encourage bettors to tail only my HEAVY plays which is how i make my bread and butter. How much I put up, and my running record is mirroring the rest of the thread as well as your posts. It's not necessary to you obviously either, right?

But let me get into a challenge and the record is there clear as day. Out of a 6 year run, I lost only one challenge and that was by percentage points.

I have a baseball system that I do, and guess what? I have no idea how many exact wins/losses i have. All that I know is that it's somewhere arund 60 more wis than losses. I tend to concentrate on hittin the big ones and not an everyday record. Who gives a f*ck if a record is 10-5 but you haven't made any money because you bet all of the games the same way for the same amounts. Well what if you were 5-10 and up 2 dimes because you hit all five of your big wagers for 2 dimes apiece and lost all of the others for $300.00?

That's really all that ever matters. A stated, I keep running records in all of the playoffs in the sports that I play though, and as you or anyone else can see, when the playoffs come-I'm your guy

chupamoscas
    chupamoscas's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK Is The Man is it clear enough ??? or shall he repeat himself allover again!!!? Mr G's just being schooled and on his way back to 1st grade.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by ragiche View Post
    CK,Dex,

Who do you like on the mil/Det game? Can you give some a little bit of insights?
    The Tigers have the better numbers over the last three games including the bats with respect to slugging% .580 to .527 and are almost even in batting average over that time .290 to .340 for the Brewers. I don't have to tell anyone how bad the Brewers bullpen is either blowing away my money on quite a few occasions this year. My spin on it is to take the Tigers as Figaro is the unknown and Bush is garbage. He has an 1.81 WHIP over the last 3 performances and that ain't gonna cut it against the Tigers, especially when you combine that with the horrid 1.607 bullpen WHIP over the last 3. The Tigers are hot and Milwaukee is not

cocknocker

I think that the Cubs have the Wahoos right where they want them. All that a team has to be is within 4 runs and they still have a shot against the Wahoos pen. They are terrible

ragiche

Thanks again CK for the insights.Sorry again if i write this question to your wnba thread.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Going with...

MIL/DET under 10.5 (2 units)

TB/NYM over 7.5

KC +1.5 (2 units)

BAL +132

CWS +141

TEX +134
    Last edited by djpremier36; 06-20-09 at 02:56 PM. Reason: added tb/nym over 7.5

GoldenPig
    GoldenPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just starting the day off after a long night. Took a look at today's cards and only like a couple of games. Starting with 1pm PT games I only like the Rays. Santana at -125 is just plain deceptive as he consistently has been -150 or > especially at home. Santana is probably gonna get knocked around again.

Rays +105.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

Royals today +1.5
    Really good value for me
    I'll risk 4 units after yesterdays lucky cubs comeback

ragiche

Plays for me today.

Tigers PK (2x) My play with Ck's insights provided.

Bal RRL (2x) Tailing CK.

Atl RRL (2x) Tailing CK.

Marlins PK (2x) Tailing CK.

GL to you all guys.

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

CK, what is wrong with with Mets- Rays lines? Just checked my book (betus) and lines are:

Mets -120 ml and -1½ +190 rl

Tampa Ev ml and -1½ +160 arl

ragiche

Does anyone have any sites where can i watch MLB in a short period of time.Thanks for sharing in advance.

ragiche

So that i can watch the MIL/DET game.

123 Last