tsn101
    tsn101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    I'm doubling up on yesterday's loss too. Jays were awful at the plate yesterday.
    They need more power in their lineup. If half their pitching lineup was injured, they could have moved someone for more power or at least a lefty.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Thought about it. Not gonna do it.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm going big on Tor.. I didn't write this, but I follow the reasoning.

toronto blue jays (with cecil and detwiler as listed pitchers) --- this one was easy to spot. As many of you know, i'm not a big fan of pitchers who go back and forth from the bullpen to the rotation, and detwiler (who i've played against in the past for this very same reason) is a classic poster child. The nationals have been desperate for pitching since the beginning of the year... They've had trouble nailing down a closer, the bullpen has been a mess, and other than a few, spotty, solid starts from guys like john lannan and jordan zimmerman, the rotation is a joke. Ross detwiler doesn't help.

Since being called to the rotation, detwiler has allowed 19 earned runs in 32 innings of work (5.34 era), but has been even worse in his last four starts, failing to last past the 6th inning in any start while posting a 6.21 era in those four games. He's also had some troubles with his control recently, walking five batters in his last game and three the game before that. He also failed to strike out a batter vs. Tampa bay and the nationals lost another one of his starts, 5-4. Remember, detwiler hasn't earned a win in six starts for the nationals and i don't see that streak ending tonight.

For toronto, they send lefty brett cecil to the hill. He started 2009 hot and i have seen enough of his games to know what he's capable of. After allowing 8 ers to the boston red sox back on may 20th, the blue jays panicked and sent him back down to the minors. Desperate again, they have recalled him to start tonight against washington. If you look at his first three starts of the season, he allowed just four earned runs 20 innings of work, posting two wins and a no decisionCecil has all the physical tools to get the job done tonight, it's going to come down to a matter of how serious he is mentally. In an attempt to earn his job back for good, i believe you will see the best cecil has to offer.

Toronto may have only scored one run last night vs. Jordan zimmerman, but they clearly have the offense to score 6 or 7 runs easily, and they may get there by the 5th inning against detwiler. Prior to last night's game, the jays scored 8, 7, and 8 runs for a three-game sweep of the phillies in philadelphia... Beating hamels, blanton and moyer. That's an impressive resume any way you slice it, and if he can't beat ross detwiler tonight he probably doesn't deserve to be in the majors right now.

The blue jays offense absolutely tatooes lefties, hitting .297 for the season against southpaws, including 22 home runs and an ops of .832. They've beaten good lefties in the past (guys like cole hamels and jon lester) and there's no reason to think they can't do it again. Washington, on the other hand, does not hit lefties well, batting just .242 against them for the season. With cecil out to win a permanent job, i believe the washington bats are in trouble. Bottom line is that toronto's offense is better and they have the clear advantage on the hill.

wish me luck

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im all over the Blue Jays...

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    Alright.... parlay the Cards and Giants.... bet NYM straight....and then bet FLA straight.

That's a profit right there buddy. I've done all I can do.

kornixxxx
    kornixxxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, they screwed this

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Jays straight murdering bettors right now.

tsn101
    tsn101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

Quote Originally Posted by Bread View Post
    Jays straight murdering bettors right now.
    Disgusting, they got them in game one and when they doubled down their bet yesterday.

I couldn't bet yesterday, after I saw so many people betting on the Jays (and most likely again). One thing in baseball though, when a really bad team like the Nationals have momentum, it will carry over a couple of series before they suck again.

This Blue Jays team got swept by Florida, then they swept the defending champs and are one game from being swept by the Nationals - pretty bipolar.

First 12