No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

This is why I love baseball

Most mentally-challenging sport in the world.

So driven by confidence (or lack thereof) and strategy.

People complain about how "boring" it is, yet when things happen, it can be the most compelling and dramatic sport to watch on the planet. A true study in success and failure based on the ability to believe.
    Points Awarded:

7secondsOrLess gave No coincidences 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

All series went he distance
    Joe Saunders is now a beast
    Closers blowing it left and right

Standard really

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Luck has plenty to do with baseball too

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    All series went he distance
    Joe Saunders is now a beast
    Closers blowing it left and right

Standard really
    Nothing like the MLB playoffs, except maybe March Madness.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

this shit is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    this shit is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats Banker. I don't even like your Cardinals, but damn, you have to respect the hell out of them and what they've done. Plus, I love seeing them stick it to Pujols. And they're proving they can do it without LaRussa, who always struck me as overrated anyway.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Good post season,enjoying it more then football

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

139933170-1 10/12/12 6:48pm $70.00 $219.22 $289.22 Win 2 Team Parlay
    Win 10/12/12 8:35pm MLB Baseball 941 St. Louis Cardinals +121* <small>vs</small> Washington Nationals (A Wainwright - R must Start G Gonzalez - L must Start)
    Win 10/12/12 8:35pm MLB Baseball 941 St. Louis Cardinals/Washington Nationals Over 6½ -115* (A Wainwright - R must Start G Gonzalez - L must Start)

OMG THAT WAS A MIRACLE!

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Regular season Baseball is boring

But playoffs are amazing.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone see that interview with Kozma ? Baseball can't be that mentally tough. That guy is half a tard.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Would say March Madness, NHL Playoffs, NFL and World/Euro Cup still top it but honestly before the 9th inning I was snoozing. Yankees game earlier was a snoozer too. It's too slow of a game to get into it....it's better though when you see the crowd into it which Washington was...

tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

This is why the baseball season needs to be shortened. Urgency in baseball is absolutely amazing and 162 utterly destroys that. If MLB would just suck it up and shorten by 15-20 games, baseball would be so much more popular.. rant over :P

Baseball is great

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Would say March Madness, NHL Playoffs, NFL and World/Euro Cup still top it but honestly before the 9th inning I was snoozing. Yankees game earlier was a snoozer too. It's too slow of a game to get into it....it's better though when you see the crowd into it which Washington was...
    Like I said Nucker, there is plenty of "down time" between the actual action, but when things happen, it can be as dramatic and unpredictable as it gets. I really appreciate the strategy involved with baseball as well -- it happens at a deliberate enough pace that you can see it as it develops.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Anyone see that interview with Kozma ? Baseball can't be that mentally tough. That guy is half a tard.
    cmon man,,every big post gm interview ppl say same shit about guy,,,he all jacked up on mountain due!! the kid was a .220 hitter in minors and after this yr he be loved in this town forever,,,,like he really thinking str8...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tr4sh View Post
    This is why the baseball season needs to be shortened. Urgency in baseball is absolutely amazing and 162 utterly destroys that. If MLB would just suck it up and shorten by 15-20 games, baseball would be so much more popular.. rant over :P

Baseball is great
    I'd like to see it shortened to the point that the playoffs start simultaneously with football. The regular season is about a month too long -- I agree.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Next season the playoffs begin earlier...

But let's face it, St. Louis shouldn't have even been playing tonight. The Wild-card thing was a joke.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

My Cards did it again!!!!!!

And my +580 bet hit!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

But let's face it, St. Louis shouldn't have even been playing tonight. The Wild-card thing was a joke.
    i luv we keep getting rings and ppl keep saying we the worst team ever little bitter from last yr bro? cards aint done yet...

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

If you're a baseball purist, u hate the DH and love every aspect of baseball; especially the playoffs. There's always something going on. Shifts, pitch calls, stalling the running game, pinch hitting, etc.. I agree, baseball is great, and even though I lost my Nats play, the game was amazing.

t-wizzle

i luv we keep getting rings and ppl keep saying we the worst team ever little bitter from last yr bro? cards aint done yet...
    You're just a giddy homer right now but that's ok.

Obviously you can't be objective to talk about the wildcard but the overwhelming sentiment is that the second wildcard was a mistake this year and just an example of baseball overthinking it.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Season should be shortened, Wild card play in should be best 2-3, div series on should all be 4-7. These guys play way too long of a season to have their season come down to 1 game. Shorten the regular season and lengthen the playoffs. Then maybe we would've seen Stras pitch today.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: fitguy67

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Obviously you can't be objective to talk about the wildcard but the overwhelming sentiment is that the second wildcard was a mistake this year and just an example of baseball overthinking it.
    Mistake because of the concept or the scheduling gaffes that went along with it?

I don't necessarily mind the idea -- they just botched the way it was set up.

2daBank

4sure giddy...i thought it was stupid the way the went about it,,,that said i also gotta say if there was only one wildcard you really doubt cards could have stepped on gas sooner and caught braves choking asses again?

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Mistake because of the concept or the scheduling gaffes that went along with it?

I don't necessarily mind the idea -- they just botched the way it was set up.
    The whole thing was a mess. If we want to talk concept, how does an 88 win team get a one game play-in with a 94 win team? That's just insane that a 94 win team isn't a part of this postseason because of one game.

The new format was a mess with the 2-3 homefield schedule.

t-wizzle

4sure giddy...i thought it was stupid the way the went about it,,,that said i also gotta say if there was only one wildcard you really doubt cards could have stepped on gas sooner and caught braves choking asses again?
    Cards played great at the end just to get to 88. You think they could have gotten to 95?

I'm not being a hater. Pre-season I thought they'd win the division because I still loved their lineup.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

As a lifetime Cardinals fan, I love baseball. Never count Saint Louis out. This game was just like last year. Some real magic on this team.

BigDofBA

Be giddy man. I am.

I like to gamble on sports but I'm a fan first. Gambling is just a hobby for entertainment. I would much rather my team win than win $100 on a game. I make a living with my career and get more enjoyment out of watching OU, OKC, Dallas, and St. Louis win, although Dallas has sucked for about 15 years now.

Hell yeah I'm pumped the Cardinals won!

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

I'm not a fan on the 1 game playoff myself but the extra wild card is here to stay. Cards have just been lucky over the years, but as the saying goes "I would rather be lucky than good "

BigDofBA

And yes, the whole extra wild card thing was ridiculous.

The teams with the lower seeds got the first two games at home after winning a 1 game playoff to get in. Pretty messed up.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by broadway6 View Post
    I'm not a fan on the 1 game playoff myself but the extra wild card is here to stay. Cards have just been lucky over the years, but as the saying goes "I would rather be lucky than good "
    The Cardinals have both. They do have a good team. Their lineup is solid and they have three solid starting pitchers.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Be giddy man. I am.

I like to gamble on sports but I'm a fan first. Gambling is just a hobby for entertainment. I would much rather my team win than win $100 on a game. I make a living with my career and get more enjoyment out of watching OU, OKC, Dallas, and St. Louis win, although Dallas has sucked for about 15 years now.

Hell yeah I'm pumped the Cardinals won!

im the 1st to fade during the season when shit dont matter (like has been said season to long, no urgency till soo late), but once we hit playoffs it ride or die, luckily i live in best baseball city in world i guess!!
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave 2daBank 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BigDofBA

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

do or die game... why, after watching what happened last year in the WS, would anyone bet on Nats... a young, inexperienced playoff team facing the defending Champs

i used my gambling experience in life to make my bets on STL today. SHARP

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Most mentally-challenging sport in the world.
    U are kidding right?
    I hope you are lol

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

One of the best things about baseball is that there is no clock. No lead is truly safe. If you're up by 28 with the ball and 2 minutes to go in football it is absolutely over. In baseball it's not over til you get that 27th out.