Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

World Series Capping and Discussions: Tuesday October 24th, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only.

Terpman92
    Terpman92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just grabbed the Tigers for +138 at The Greek. I pounded it for about 6 units. If it moves alot I might middle this one. It should be a great game!

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

The Cards should win with Carpenter on the mound. I'm rooting for Detroit because I have them to win the series. I'm leaning towards the Over 8 +112 in Game 3.

Illusion

Robertson has had some control problems in his recent starts and I think St. Louis will rough him up. I hate laying the juice, but I am taking the Cardinals -141 for three units.

Flamers
    Flamers's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no doubt that if Carpenter shuts the Tigers out or takes them into the 7th with a lead they will probably win this game.

But the question is will he?

I feel that the Tigers lost game 1 due to rust, and the Cardinals were playing on a high from the previous 2 tough games.

I know Robertson well and I wouldn't be surprised if he 2 hits the Cardinals into the 6th, and a hunch the Tigers get 3-4 runs in a inning early.

My prediction.

TIGERS 7
    CARDINALS 1

Illusion

If the Cardinals are patient they will rough him up.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

playing the over and leaning to St Louis

Illusion

Weather conditions will be a great deal better than they were in Detroit. I looked at the total, but decided to pass. If I had to play it though I would take the over as well.

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the over as well. Total should drop for a while longer.

Over 9 was +183 at Pinny a while ago. Just gut feel, but in a competitive game 9 seems worth reaching for at the much better price.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thinking here is that there is pretty solid value in Detroit. The Tigers are the best road team in all of baseball, and they face a struggling Carpenter. Getting Casey back could be huge as well, as he has faced Carp before, and he is the Tigers second most important bat.
    Meanwhile, we have seen the Cardinals struggle with LHP all postseason. Strong bullpen advantage to Detroit.

Illusion

I have StL across the board along with the under.