rickbo528
    rickbo528's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1931

2 plays the last 2 days that seemed insignificant at the time probably cost their teams a game and likely the series. Yesterday Brandon Phillips of the Reds stupidly trying to get 2 bases on a wild pitch cost them a run. Turns out Reds would have won in 9 innings 2-1. Now they go to game 5 with Giants having all the momentum. Now tonight Adam Jones in what seems like lack of concentration (except for blowing bubbles) doesn't get the proper jump on a ball costing Orioles a run. Sure the wind was a factor but he didn't seem to be going all out to get to it. If he makes the play Ibanez doesn't tie it with his first HR and Orioles win 2-1. Everything is magnified in postseason so any momentary lapse in judgement or nonchalant play can be catastrophic. Mark down these 2 plays as possibly costing a season's worth of work for these 2 teams.

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    Heck of a call Mantle and it took some serious balls from Girardi but its as close to a as it gets A-Rod wasn't doing that.
    Thanks, Man. Only thing Arod was gonna do was add another K to the score sheet.

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    Thanks, Man. Only thing Arod was gonna do was add another K to the score sheet.
    Caught his at-bat in about the 5th or 6th when I was about to leave work, guy seems to have no confidence at the plate right now.

JT OZ

Safe to say Ibanez earned himself a few more AB's for the postseason run.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I think it's hard to say that a single play cost a team a series in a 5 game set. Now Chipper Jones is a different story. He cost his team the season with his error.

It looked real bad Jones was blowing a bubble BUT I think the wind was the biggest factor. That ball carried a lot.

How about Steve Drew getting gunned out at 3rd in the th inning for the A's. Down 2-0 and hits a cappers with a runner on. Scores the run but DUMBFUK tries to stretch it to a triple and gets thrown out. They would have had a runner on 2nd, no outs, and 3-5 up. They could have played small ball and scored the run easy. Now it's 2-1 Detroit and they're 6 outs away from their season being over.
    Last edited by Mantle7; 10-10-12 at 11:13 PM.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by JT OZ View Post
    Safe to say Ibanez earned himself a few more AB's for the postseason run.
    I totally agree. Ibanez deserves to be in that line up. Who cares how much they're paying Arod. Ibanez is the hotter hitter and should be hitting DH.

JT OZ

I totally agree. Ibanez deserves to be in that line up. Who cares how much they're paying Arod. Ibanez is the hotter hitter and should be hitting DH.
    If they aim for #28 and don't worry ab A-Rods feelings then you might be onto something.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Well on the bright side Gonzalez is out of the game. That mother fukker had ice water running through his veins. Hopefully Baltimore's reliever blows it. I don't know what to say. Fukk.

Where the fukk is Ibanez? Have Ibanez pinch hit for Arod. Arod is one of the biggest choke artists ever.
    This should be the post of the year. Come oooooon! I fukkn basically predicted the future.

First 123