Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Ok Gentlemen: Lets Talk Tuesday Bases...

Early Leans

Reds/Under

A's/Over...

What are you guys On and Why?

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Reds RL

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

RL's for Reds +160 and A's +165.

Vogelsong nothing left in the tank since August and Reds with crazy momentum. Bailey coming off his no hitter.

A's have a great HFA and Tigers very average on road. Sanchez hasn't been that good and Anderson very tough lefty.

Great value at these prices.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants seem like the logical play. But Nothing here seems logical. I'm sensing it's time to bring out the brooms boys. Reds & Det.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by paranoyd androyd View Post

Vogelsong nothing left in the tank since August and Reds with crazy momentum. Bailey coming off his no hitter.

A's have a great HFA and Tigers very average on road. Sanchez hasn't been that good and Anderson very tough lefty.

Thanks , value your input... I was going to play them both ML, but you might of sold me...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Giants ml and A's ml.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Ok, I'll bite

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win Ticket#:
    STRAIGHT BET Oct 09 MLB [922] CIN -1½+150 [VOGELSONG -R/H BAILEY -R] 100.00 USD / 150.00 USD 75927095
    STRAIGHT BET Oct 09 MLB [924] OAK -1½+170 [A SANCHEZ -R/B ANDERSON -L] 100.00 USD / 170.00 USD 75927096

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

I actually like Detroit for sweep but I'm sure the Moneyball Magic will keep it a close series

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Tiger/A's Under 7 +115

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Oakland ML for me. That's it.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Giants TT Over... Fading Bailey off the no-no

paranoyd androyd

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Thanks , value your input... I was going to play them both ML, but you might of sold me...
    way i see it is that if the reds and a's win, there's a good chance each will RL. that plane trip ride to cincy was probably hell for the giants and bochy really screwed with the pitching rotation this series which has created some bad mojo. lincecum was pissed off coming out of the pen in game 2 and now bochy's trotting out the 35 y/o vogelsong on the road who's been getting destroyed for the last month. guy simply has nothing left. bailey on the other hand is coming off his no no and the crowd is going to be absolutely rocking. reds offense is putting everything into play.

a's are resilient and their crowd will still be pumped, they can still make this a series. don't really see the tigers pressing too hard in this one and anderson is very tough to hit and neutralizes fielder. tigers in general have been poor against lefties this season. sanchez hasn't looked impressive for a couple years now and the a's have some nice match-ups against the righty - they got to him pretty good when they faced him earlier in the year after the trade (small sample size though).

of course with these nice +$ RL's, you'd still be up even if you split whereas down if you split on the ML. gl
    Points Awarded:

Louisvillekid1 gave paranoyd androyd 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Whats to discuss? I said tigers will sweep and we sure damn close to it!

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Any reason for the Reds under? I will definitely be playing the over here. Not only could the Reds crush this on their own, but Homer has been pretty bad in Great American.

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

Giants ML, Oakland ML, Giants/Reds UNDER 8 (about to drop to 7.5)

Vegas39

Way voglesong has pitched lately I wouldn't touch the under

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

I would never dream of telling anyone to back SF after I buried myself in game 2. But I'll just point out that your information on Vogelsong is inaccurate. He's has some of his best fastball velocity/location of the year in his past 3 starts and has looked refreshed.

Last 3 starts:

17 IP 12 hits 15/3 K/BB 1 earned run total.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    I would never dream of telling anyone to back SF after I buried myself in game 2. But I'll just point out that your information on Vogelsong is inaccurate. He's has some of his best fastball velocity/location of the year in his past 3 starts and has looked refreshed.

Last 3 starts:

will depend which voglesong shows. As had three starts in early Sept with 16earned runs

paranoyd androyd

Last 3 starts:

2 of those starts were against the horrific padres in the two largest ballparks in the league. the 3rd start was at the dodgers (another huge park) the afternoon after the dodgers got eliminated. whereas tomorrow he's facing perhaps the best lineup in the league right now in a bandbox. gl

tatddy

2 of those were against the horrific padres in the two largest ballparks in the league. the 3rd was at the dodgers (another huge park) the afternoon after the dodgers got eliminated. whereas tomorrow he's facing perhaps the best lineup in the league right now in a bandbox. gl
    Not arguing with any of that. Well except for the horrifness of the Padres. Their bats were not as horrid leading into that series. But if you look at the pitchtrax you will see that his command and velocity were significantly better than he was in September and he was more the Vogelsong of the first few months regardless of opponent. Passed the eye test as well.

Will he get shelled tomorrow? Maybe. As awful as SF has been in every sense I wouldn't bet against it.

paranoyd androyd

Not arguing with any of that. Well except for the horrifness of the Padres. Their bats were not as horrid leading into that series. But if you look at the pitchtrax you will see that his command and velocity were significantly better than he was in September and he was more the Vogelsong of the first few months regardless of opponent. Passed the eye test as well.

Will he get shelled tomorrow? Maybe. As awful as SF has been in every sense I wouldn't bet against it.
    reds are excellent fastball hitters, so if he's consistently around the plate even better with their aggressive nature. i see him getting pulled as soon as he gives up 3 (max) and then lincecum coming in. the giants pen has also dropped off significantly. i don't see how the giants get up for this game mentally at all. their energy was terrible at home, total look of disbelief on their faces. now have to fly all the way to cincy and face those fans and red machine lineup. gl

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tigers and reds

tatddy

reds are excellent fastball hitters, so if he's consistently around the plate even better with their aggressive nature. i see him getting pulled as soon as he gives up 3 (max) and then lincecum coming in. the giants pen has also dropped off significantly. i don't see how the giants get up for this game mentally at all. their energy was terrible at home, total look of disbelief on their faces. now have to fly all the way to cincy and face those fans and red machine lineup. gl
    Trust me I get it. I had the same look of disbelief on my face sitting in section 325 for games 1 and 2. I had to personally break up the perfect game by screaming NO HITTER NO HITTTTTERRRR right as Belt was coming to the plate. Got a bunch of high 5s from the section and thought we were onto something. Thanks, Giants for not having my back on that.

I'll tell you what SF does have going for them. The fact they have the opposite extreme of game 2. They have nothing to lose. Game 2 was all pressure on SF...the game they had to win. Game 3 everyone expects a sweep. So free and easy.

Not calling a W. Flags still half mast here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I want to take the Giants, but I'm just stunned by how this series has developed. They might be done.

Anyway, I lean the two Bay Area squads myself. I still don't trust Anibal, and karma can be a bitch.

tatddy

NO Coin sorry for my shit call on SF yesterday. Up 67 units in bases in 2 months and lost 1/3 of them on 1 game. Playoffs got the best of my head.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

NO Coin sorry for my shit call on SF yesterday. Up 67 units in bases in 2 months and lost 1/3 of them on 1 game. Playoffs got the best of my head.
    The only thing I worried about last night was the way the Reds tend to heat up vs. lefties. With that being said, I didn't expect Arroyo to throw frisbees and peas out there. What can you do: he was incredible.

Had no idea you lost that much -- but also had no idea you were up that much. Wow.

ses_d

I hear ya tatddy, threw all my last weeks profits on Giants Gm 1 lost, and chased and lost again. If I had to sit through game 2 where you were, I would have gone crazy or at least get drunk so nothing matters anymore lol. I was going to shell out $150+ for tickets to the game too...man what a weekend.

SO onto the Giants bats. this is by no means a stat, a trend, but simply an observation. When Giants bats go COLD, and I mean ICE COLD as they did on Sunday...they usually bounce back next game guns ready to fire. Unfortunately, this game is against the Reds and at their home. Still, both these teams Giants and Reds has saved my ass too many times to count this season. So it's ride or die with the Giants...doesn't matter I'm on them for a unit tomorrow.

Vogie actually pitched well his last outing. Gave up no runs, maybe 1 hit if not none, and got pulled in 5 innings just because that game against the Dodgers did not mean anything. Point is, he looked good. Everyone will be thinking "wow, Vogiesong tomorrow? Giants have no chance...look at the way hes been pitching as of late" This will come back to bite all the Reds backers in the ass. watch.

After that, if Giants win. I'm pounding the Reds...if Reds win, so be it...I'll be on the Reds the rest of the season I think their team is the one to beat. Lineup is stacked, all around good pitching/bullpen. Been sayin it all season long.

ses_d

as for the A's...it's just a must bet. A's have momentum at home, they are streaky hitters...it's not like their bats were cold in Detroit they just made some errors.

A's play differently at home, been like that since the all-star break. Stats also favor A's tomorrow. look it up. remember the Texas game when they were down 5-1? They know how to hit in clutch situations, there's a reason why they lead the MLB in most walk off wins. I know because I've been on the other side way too often lol

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The only thing I worried about last night was the way the Reds tend to heat up vs. lefties. With that being said, I didn't expect Arroyo to throw frisbees and peas out there. What can you do: he was incredible.

Had no idea you lost that much -- but also had no idea you were up that much. Wow.
    Yeah man was trying to force things. Emotion created too much motion. I'm usually good at br management these days but really wanted SF to win SOOO badly game 2 I talked myself into a monster play even though it wasn't the best spot. Few thousand down the drain and 30K betpoints lost but the sun came up today.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

way i see it is that if the reds and a's win, there's a good chance each will RL. that plane trip ride to cincy was probably hell for the giants and bochy really screwed with the pitching rotation this series which has created some bad mojo. lincecum was pissed off coming out of the pen in game 2 and now bochy's trotting out the 35 y/o vogelsong on the road who's been getting destroyed for the last month. guy simply has nothing left. bailey on the other hand is coming off his no no and the crowd is going to be absolutely rocking. reds offense is putting everything into play.

a's are resilient and their crowd will still be pumped, they can still make this a series. don't really see the tigers pressing too hard in this one and anderson is very tough to hit and neutralizes fielder. tigers in general have been poor against lefties this season. sanchez hasn't looked impressive for a couple years now and the a's have some nice match-ups against the righty - they got to him pretty good when they faced him earlier in the year after the trade (small sample size though).

of course with these nice +$ RL's, you'd still be up even if you split whereas down if you split on the ML. gl
    all that stuff on sf sounds pretty damn good but hate taking a guy off a no no, id guess more times than not carryover to next gm isnt typically good...i do love me some homer Baily tho and do agree if cincy wins they win big....

agree A's find a way to keep this one alive...

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i thought you guys would get the w yesterday,,cincy are in a groove right now...them and stl gonna be hell of a series ..cincy will win it but just the fact it be another nl central rivalry will be fun (for me anyway)

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cincy seems to rarely lose
    I took SF for the hell of it

Detroit should beat oak but again I took oak

I bet non popular choices just to have action

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Wait for Landers and Deemer to release???

(no homo)

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Wait for Landers and Deemer to release???

(no homo)

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

OAKLAND A'S ML!!!

12 Last