16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

The Cards and Baltimore easy money$$$$$$ today

The Birds have the leadership and seniority (cant spell). Atl, made their run but still young, look for the old guys to win.

Baltimore is a locomotive today
    $$%

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Feel sorry for any of u guys betting against Medlen today. Braves definitely win

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Atlanta owned the Cardinals this season. I like the Atl moneyline as my only bet today

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by 16johnnymac View Post
    The Birds have the leadership and seniority (cant spell). Atl, made their run but still young, look for the old guys to win.

Baltimore is a locomotive today
    $$%

I looked for a reason to bet the Cards, any reason, can't find one.

1) Braves are 12-0 everytime Medlen starts a game for them.
    I'm not bucking that trend, and I've seen many a bankroll reduced to ashes by bettors wagering "but they are due to lose theory"
    I'm not fading a 12-0 trend.
    Take it deeper, Braves have won 23 straight games when Medlen starts.

2) Medlen's numbers are astonishing. Strikes out one an inning, walks only 1.6 a game, filthy ERA of 1.57 WH/IP ratio of 0.91
    Those are Maddux type numbers.

3) Braves smoked Cards 5 out of 6 games this year.

4) Braves smoked Lohse on 5/30
    Crushed him. 5 IP's 9 hits, 5 earned.

5) Lohse's numbers this season were magnificent, I get that, 2.83 16-3 record, 1.09 WH/IP gets the attention of any Cy Young award voter, however, he gets lit up by the Braves, on a regular basis.

Chipper owns Lohse, 6 for 13
    Prado 6 for 14 lifetime
    Uggla 5 for 15 lifetime

7) Cards were a losing propostion this season, flat betting them at a dime a game, every game shows a loss of 4.23 *
    Braves were a winning propostion all season, flat betting them at a dime a game, every games shows a 17.51 * profit.

8) Cards are not a good road team, they are 8 and 19 on the road in their last 27 against over .500 teams.
    Braves are a very good home team.

9) Braves are not old
    Medlen is young, but this is his third year in the bigs, Chipper is over 40 (and he does not want this season to end tonight)
    Freeman and Heyward are both 22, everybody else in between that is a regular is between 28 and 32.

10) If Braves are up late in the game, turn it off, Braves bull pen is nasty, and Kimbrel is as good as it gets. (if not better)

I dug and dug, and dug, and can't find one reason to back the Cards in this spot.

I can't lay -170+ on any one game, I sure as hell not fading Medlen's trends.

Safer play may be the under 6.5

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

everyone knows im a cards homer, and typically have good read on them...this team is done..beltran a cripple, holliday bad back and cant catch up with heater, loshe is great but a playoff pitcher he is not....cards had their run last year (thanx to braves) now they return favor and send atl cruising into playoffs...bet atl under or pass,,,like mr nasxh said there no good reason to back st, well maybe besides price as number is a little inflated but that because you paying a premium to back the winner in this one..you want a dog take balty they a freight train and tex ready to go get a key of mexico finest and have a crack party..

16johnnymac
    16johnnymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1412

Lol ! I have under 7 last night on atl/Stl

QUOTE=2daBank;16262198]everyone knows im a cards homer, and typically have good read on them...this team is done..beltran a cripple, holliday bad back and cant catch up with heater, loshe is great but a playoff pitcher he is not....cards had their run last year (thanx to braves) now they return favor and send atl cruising into playoffs...bet atl under or pass,,,like mr nasxh said there no good reason to back st, well maybe besides price as number is a little inflated but that because you paying a premium to back the winner in this one..you want a dog take balty they a freight train and tex ready to go get a key of mexico finest and have a crack party..[/QUOTE]

JasonFromOhio
    JasonFromOhio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Ya I agree Cards have no chance in this game....rarely do you see them +170 anywhere or anytime. That being said there is a reason for it, and somehow Baltimore is getting an even bigger number at +190. ATL and Baltimore all day. Medlen might thrown a 1 or 2 hitter, and loshe dose not fair well against ATL. The game will be won by Bourne 3-1