PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Philadelphia Phillies Fire 3 Coaches After Season-Ending Loss

How the fukk did Charlie Manuel and Rich Dubee survive?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ding_loss.html

tomseaver286
    tomseaver286's Avatar Become A Pro!

When the team payroll is that BIG and you don't win anything, someone's getting the axe. Manual should have been let go as well.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Letting Davy Lopes go a couple years ago was a mistake.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

phillies really have work to do with next year's lineup.. Howard Utley are getting old, same with Rollins

no excuse to be under .500 at home with Halladay, Lee, Hamels in the rotation

its going to be an interesting offseason that's for sure

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by tomseaver286 View Post
    When the team payroll is that BIG and you don't win anything, someone's getting the axe. Manual should have been let go as well.
    Why because he won 5 straight division titles and 2 pennants? Give me a break. Guy has one "bad year," 81-81 no less, and he needs to be fired? Like the Phillies would find anyone better than Manual.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mikeyanks23

Mikeyanks23
    Welcome to Darkhat Nation
    Mikeyanks23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Why because he won 5 straight division titles and 2 pennants? Give me a break. Guy has one "bad year," 81-81 no less, and he needs to be fired? Like the Phillies would find anyone better than Manual.

Did he foul the ball off Howards foot? Was he responsible for utley and halladay being on the DL?

Cmon guys i understand your disappointed but buddys right

Guys a great manager. Not like Valentine in Boston where you hear about everyone in the clubhouse hating him.
    And him calling out guys

tomseaver286
    tomseaver286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manual is not a great manager. Not even close to being one. He doesn't use his bullpen properly. With the amount of talent on that team, the Phillies should have won at least 1 other championship if not 2. The Phillies had arguably the best rotation in baseball over the last 2 seasons. What do they have to show for it? An early playoff exit last season and no playoffs this season.

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Ruben amaro jr should be the one to go. Team has gone downhill every year since he took over after they won the title.

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14296

Well they can't fire the players

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    The Phillies front office and players won those division titles, pennant, and championship in spite of Cholly. The guy is the most god-awful game time manager I have ever seen. He goes off outdated stats, feel, and "his gut". Total fukking square. I've believed that he sucked since he got here. My basic opinion has been "too bad they'll never fire him with this team around him".

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

cholly isnt the best in the game but he's in the top 25% of all managers

what worries me is that halladay is D-U-N done