Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

I Get So Sick Of ESPN Trying To Fabricate News

Cabrera is on the way to winning the Triple Crown. He has led Detroit back to the playoffs. Even with all this, ESPN continues to try and fabricate news by saying that Trout still has a chance at the MVP when his numbers, though great, are inferior to Cabrera's, and the Angels aren't even seeing the playoffs this year. The Sportscenter announcer says, "Triple crown winners haven't won the MVP before." Just shut up, and report what the hell is really going on.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1824

If someone wins triple crown and they don't win MVP they should just cancel baseball for the rest of life.

Yaz/Mantle/Robinson all won MVP.

How far are they going back 40's/20's??? Who cares about those years anyway. Irrelevant.

daimoshokage
    daimoshokage's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Cabrera is on roids..

k13

Like Dimaggio deserved MVP over Ted Williams in 1947....

Lost by 1 point in the vote. Must have been the ESPN of the 40's voting.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I hear ya, bud!

It has gotten to me for a while now, it is why I was really hoping a competitor popped up. NBC sports is promising, Dan Patrick and that NFL show they have are better than anything ESPN produce, but they lack the constant news on shit I care about.

k13

Mickey Cochrane 2 hr's 76 rbi's .320 avg MVP
    Lou Gehirg 49 hr's 165 rbi's .363 avg Triple Crown 5th in voting.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Would be a travesty if Trout won award

He had great year but cannot compete with triple crown

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

Trout has been phenomenal. His rookie year has been special. That being said, Cabrera deserves the MVP going away this year and ESPN knows this. Triple Crown in this day of specialized hitters, etc is an amazing feat.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

they also made news with the ryan braun phony test, with adam greenberg getting an at bat last night, they built up the big east and then are in the process of dissolving it since the big east rejected their tv deal, etc etc

no different than the rest of the media

every day i have to put up with front page LIES on the wall street journal about (insert middle east country here) being a threat to the u.s.

and anyone can google cnn fake news broadcast during the first iraq war

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

They are both prime candidates for AL MVP

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess there job
    Espn masters of it

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    It has gotten to me for a while now, it is why I was really hoping a competitor popped up.
    What we need is an all sports network like MLB but for all sports.
    MLB network gets it, does baseball correctly.
    Sure MLBN jokes around a little with Intentional Talk (Millar and Rose) but at least Millar knows what he is talking about, and plays it straight when it needs to be played straight, unlike Berman for instance.

There's a reason why they call ESPN "that community clown college from Bristol"
    They are a joke, not one, with the exception of Bob Ley and Hannah Storm, of their so called reporters have any journalistic integrity.
    Think about it, Berman is as deep as a puddle, his act is nothing but cringe worthy schtick. Every time I hear "Boomer" I cringe, 'back, back, back,back....' was mildly amusing for maybe 15 minutes, 13 years ago, now it's just pathetic. Berman is a Howard Cosell wannabe, "stumbling,bumbling" is a ripoff, it's not even his own material.
    When ESPN negotiated for the early rounds of the Masters, the powers the be at the Masters told ESPN "we prefer it if you don't use Berman, if you must use Berman he has to call it straight, no silly crap"....

Smith is a racist joke, Bayless has diarrhea of the mouth, you know Jeter wants 3 minutes in a boxing ring with him, Erin Andrews was nothing but a pair of , she's FOX's problem now, the guys who do the LA overnight Sports Center just recycle their same old tired schtick (Verett and Evert)

Corso is a clown, Mel Kiper thinks his word is the only word, Jaws is a babbling tub of jello, Gruden is insufferable, Schilling needs to be shot, Even Breen, who at one time I thought was as good as it got in NBA is getting full of himself, it's the ESPN syndrome.

Name one person that watches that over hyped ESPY annual farce.

Lon Mceachern is actually pretty good, when he's not being forced to be straight man to Norman Chad, he's good outside of poker.
    But that's ESPN,what little talent they do have, they don't use it right.

In a nutshell, ESPN runs 17 out of 24 hours of Sports Center,they lack original programming, the 'personalities' are more concerned with being 'cool' and relevant, as opposed to what they should be, journalists and reporters.

They focus on big dunks, they focus on end zone dances, they focus on crowd reactions, live action be damned, "camera one, zoom in on the drunk in row 6 doing a high five dance, screw the first and ten play"

One third of the picture is obliterated with crawl space scores and graphics, at 1:05 pm, I don't need to know Maine is 0-0 with Stony Brook with 13:32 left in the first quarter, they just kicked off five minutes ago for the love of God.....

Problem is, ESPN has unlimited use of funds from Disney and Hearts, and is not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Rasmussen (yes, that Rasmussen) when he founded ESPN in the 80's had a good idea, revolutionary one might say, but like Howard Stern,it's time to move on.

k13

Trout's rookie season is barely top 10, not sure what's so special about it.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Trout's rookie season is barely top 10, not sure what's so special about it.
    Look, I like you, but you are so far off base (pardon the pun)with Trout.

In his first full season, after missing the first month, hit 30 bombs, all from lead off, has driven in 83, bats .325, gets on base at a .400 rate, from lead off after once again, missing a month, stole 50 bases (if he gets one tonight) scored 129 runs, which is almost one every game he played in, never makes a mistake in the field, will win easily a gold glove, saves games going over the fence when he doesn't hit balls over the fence, will win a silver slugger..........

No, K13, nothing special about a rook leading off putting up 30-85 .325/.400 scores 130 runs, steals 50 bases, has the range of Paul Blair, and on and on.

Baseball hasn't seen a lead off hitter like this since Ricky Henderson, who won a MVP in 1990. with similar numbers that Trout put up this season.

Miggy was more valuable to the Tigers than Trout to LAA because Detoit is going to the playoffs, Miggy would barely get my MVP vote but...

Miggy drives in runs, hits for average, and hits for power. STOP !
    Trout creates runs, hits for average, hits for power, steals bases, plays flawless stellar defense.

Name something Miggy does, that Trout can't do? Put Trout in the three hole, he drives in 110, and don't tell me he won't steal as much, hog wash, speed never slumps or takes a day off.

No, nothing special about Trout's season.
    I like you, and without trying to be disrespectful, ridiculous statement dude, border line ignorant.

Trout belongs in the same sentence as Miggy, even the same breath.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Mickey Cochrane 2 hr's 76 rbi's .320 avg MVP
    Lou Gehirg 49 hr's 165 rbi's .363 avg Triple Crown 5th in voting.
    Cochrane was the catcher as well as the Tigers manager

The Tigers went from 75-79 in 1933 to 101-53 in 1934 and made it to the World Series

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

In his first full season, after missing the first month, hit 30 bombs, all from lead off, has driven in 83, bats .325, gets on base at a .400 rate, from lead off after once again, missing a month, stole 50 bases (if he gets one tonight) scored 129 runs, which is almost one every game he played in, never makes a mistake in the field, will win easily a gold glove, saves games going over the fence when he doesn't hit balls over the fence, will win a silver slugger..........

No, K13, nothing special about a rook leading off putting up 30-85 .325/.400 scores 130 runs, steals 50 bases, has the range of Paul Blair, and on and on.

Baseball hasn't seen a lead off hitter like this since Ricky Henderson, who won a MVP in 1990. with similar numbers that Trout put up this season.

Miggy was more valuable to the Tigers than Trout to LAA because Detoit is going to the playoffs, Miggy would barely get my MVP vote but...

Trout creates runs, hits for average, hits for power, steals bases, plays flawless stellar defense.

Name something Miggy does, that Trout can't do? Put Trout in the three hole, he drives in 110, and don't tell me he won't steal as much, hog wash, speed never slumps or takes a day off.

I like you, and without trying to be disrespectful, ridiculous statement dude, border line ignorant.

This

k13

Nomar/Pujols/Pizza all had better if not equal rookie seasons.

Not too mention Frank Robinson and Ted Williams.

Besides SB's there's nothing really worth talking about. As far as missing a few games, he already has over 550 ab's anyway.

Everyone makes it sound like this kid is hitting .440 with 80 hrs and 250 rbi's

Team is stacked and they still finish 3rd in the division.

dartmouthemcee
    dartmouthemcee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2712

you cant reasonably detract from what trout has accomplished this year. if miggy had not been such a machine down the stretch and had not amassed a trip crown, then trout winning MVP gets a pass. but the way the season ended has put the award back in detroit

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not saying Cabrera doesn't deserve to be MVP, but I don't think it should matter that Angels aren't making playoffs. They have a better record while playing in a much much tougher division, and would be in first place in the central, while Detroit would be on the outside looking in.

stevenash

Nomar/Pujols/Pizza all had better if not equal rookie seasons.

Not too mention Frank Robinson and Ted Williams.

Besides SB's there's nothing really worth talking about. As far as missing a few games, he already has over 550 ab's anyway.

Everyone makes it sound like this kid is hitting .440 with 80 hrs and 250 rbi's

Team is stacked and they still finish 3rd in the division.
    Normar had a terrific rookie season, same power numbers, but Trout got on more, hit for a better average, Trout's rookie season was better.

Pujols had a Miggy type rookie season, however, he's a first ballot hall of famer.
    Frank Robinson hit 30 points less than Trout in his rookie season. Plus he had Gus Bell and Johnny Temple hitting above him,

Pujols had Edmonds (who was about .285 that season) and JD Drew who was good in 2001 hitting in front of Albert and gettin on base at an alarming rate, also, if you look at the HR per at bat ratio between Frank Robinson and Albert, pretty much identical.

Once again, Albert and Frank Robinson are either in the Hall or will be a first ballot Hall of Famer.

Piazza had terrific power numbers too in his rookie season too, but was death behind the plate.

You forgot Ichiro in 2001, but was he really a rookie playing all those years in Japan.

Freddy Lynn was the first to win MVP and ROY, Trout's season was better than his.

Fernando Valenzulea had an incredible rooke season too, but he played in 1/4 of all his teams games.

When it's all said and done, Albert and Trout have had the two best rookie seasons in the history of baseball.

Miggy is this generations Frank Howard, killer power with a strange glove.
    Trout is this generations Ricky Henderson

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Not saying Cabrera doesn't deserve to be MVP, but I don't think it should matter that Angels aren't making playoffs. They have a better record while playing in a much much tougher division, and would be in first place in the central, while Detroit would be on the outside looking in.
    I hear what you are saying, and I even agree, but the word in MVP that means anything is 'value', and people have slightly different definitions of the word value.

Some (not me) argue, "without Miggy, Detroit doesn't go to the playoffs, LAA is not going with or without Trout"

*good topic, keep it going fellas*

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

What we need is an all sports network like MLB but for all sports.
    MLB network gets it, does baseball correctly.
    Sure MLBN jokes around a little with Intentional Talk (Millar and Rose) but at least Millar knows what he is talking about, and plays it straight when it needs to be played straight, unlike Berman for instance.

There's a reason why they call ESPN "that community clown college from Bristol"
    They are a joke, not one, with the exception of Bob Ley and Hannah Storm, of their so called reporters have any journalistic integrity.
    Think about it, Berman is as deep as a puddle, his act is nothing but cringe worthy schtick. Every time I hear "Boomer" I cringe, 'back, back, back,back....' was mildly amusing for maybe 15 minutes, 13 years ago, now it's just pathetic. Berman is a Howard Cosell wannabe, "stumbling,bumbling" is a ripoff, it's not even his own material.
    When ESPN negotiated for the early rounds of the Masters, the powers the be at the Masters told ESPN "we prefer it if you don't use Berman, if you must use Berman he has to call it straight, no silly crap"....

Smith is a racist joke, Bayless has diarrhea of the mouth, you know Jeter wants 3 minutes in a boxing ring with him, Erin Andrews was nothing but a pair of , she's FOX's problem now, the guys who do the LA overnight Sports Center just recycle their same old tired schtick (Verett and Evert)

Corso is a clown, Mel Kiper thinks his word is the only word, Jaws is a babbling tub of jello, Gruden is insufferable, Schilling needs to be shot, Even Breen, who at one time I thought was as good as it got in NBA is getting full of himself, it's the ESPN syndrome.

Name one person that watches that over hyped ESPY annual farce.

Lon Mceachern is actually pretty good, when he's not being forced to be straight man to Norman Chad, he's good outside of poker.
    But that's ESPN,what little talent they do have, they don't use it right.

In a nutshell, ESPN runs 17 out of 24 hours of Sports Center,they lack original programming, the 'personalities' are more concerned with being 'cool' and relevant, as opposed to what they should be, journalists and reporters.

They focus on big dunks, they focus on end zone dances, they focus on crowd reactions, live action be damned, "camera one, zoom in on the drunk in row 6 doing a high five dance, screw the first and ten play"

One third of the picture is obliterated with crawl space scores and graphics, at 1:05 pm, I don't need to know Maine is 0-0 with Stony Brook with 13:32 left in the first quarter, they just kicked off five minutes ago for the love of God.....

Problem is, ESPN has unlimited use of funds from Disney and Hearts, and is not going anywhere anytime soon.
    Rasmussen (yes, that Rasmussen) when he founded ESPN in the 80's had a good idea, revolutionary one might say, but like Howard Stern,it's time to move on.
    ESPN is being attacked on all sides, and they are starting to weaken. Fox is now showing the feature Big 12 game in primetime, which often is better than the ABC/ESPN Primetime game -- this week is Texas-West Virginia, but any combination of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU and West Virginia is a pretty good game.......

NBC Sports has their old versus channel ramping up with decent shows and talent

Fox went and got Erin Andrews and Gus Johnson

Doug Gottlieb went to CBS Radio, and they will become a player on the radio side soon.....

the one guy on ESPN that I really enjoy and respect is Scott Van Pelt. Funny and smart, well-versed and occasionally outspoken.....

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Trout had his worst two months of the season in August and September. That alone disqualifies him from being MVP. Happens with young bats all the time. the 2nd/3rd time around the league when the mystique has worn off, pitchers start to learn about what he hits and what he whiffs on.
    Also, for all of the proponents of Trouts hyping up his defensive value. Remember that Miggy switched over the 3rd, even though for most of the season he was a subpar defensive 3rd basemen (last 3rd of the season he has actually been very good). His playing third allows the tigers to have their lineup. If he decided to go DH theyd have to scrounge the league for a scrubby 3rd basemen to bat in the 7 or 8 spot, and the Tigers cannot afford anymore scrubs in their lineup.

Also this :
    37.5% of M. Cabrera's homers have been in the 7th inning or later(CRUNCH TIME) compared to 22% for M. Trout.
    53% of his post 7th inning homers were with the game tied or the Tigers down...

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mtneer1212 View Post
    ESPN is being attacked on all sides, and they are starting to weaken. Fox is now showing the feature Big 12 game in primetime, which often is better than the ABC/ESPN Primetime game -- this week is Texas-West Virginia, but any combination of Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, TCU and West Virginia is a pretty good game.......

NBC Sports has their old versus channel ramping up with decent shows and talent

Fox went and got Erin Andrews and Gus Johnson

Doug Gottlieb went to CBS Radio, and they will become a player on the radio side soon.....

the one guy on ESPN that I really enjoy and respect is Scott Van Pelt. Funny and smart, well-versed and occasionally outspoken.....
    Erin Andrews is terrible as host... and Gus Johnson is far better calling basketball than football. It's ridiculous hearing him getting excited on every play over 5 yards

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Erin Andrews is terrible as host...
    Most annoying voice on TV,and believe me, there are annoying voices, like Rachel Nichols and her chain saw teeth.

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just something for the sabremetrics crowd to get their tampons in a twist about.

Miggy wins easily.

Is he the best ballplayer of the two. No and it is not even close.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Erin Andrews was nothing but a pair of
    Does she even have great ? I thought her best attribute was her legs. Her ass is nonexistent.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Does she even have great ? I thought her best attribute was her legs. Her ass is nonexistent.
    Her are phenomenal.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by billysink View Post
    Just something for the sabremetrics crowd to get their tampons in a twist about.

Miggy wins easily.

Is he the best ballplayer of the two. No and it is not even close.
    Trout is the better all around package, Miggy was the most valuable player this season.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

I heard miggy can down 15 hot dogs, to trouts 3.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    I heard miggy can down 15 hot dogs, to trouts 3.
    And Miggy can polish off a fifth of Jack faster than Trout can down a bottle of Becks.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

They did a story on whether the Texans can go 16-0 last week, and now they are talking on the main channel about whether the Falcons can do it. We're in week fukkin 4 guys! STFU!

Inspirited
    Inspirited's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17852

sabermetrics gives slight edge to trout
    fielding gives edge to trout
    team wins of angels > team wins of tigers --> negates playoff argument for cabrera along with fact that
    angels played in tougher division with
    tougher pitching
    so trout faced tougher pitching, wins on sabermetrics, wins in fielding

basically cabrera gets the superficial triple crown and superficial playoff points

trout is the mvp
    cabrera will probably get mvp
    if somehow trout wins be prepared for calls of racism despite trout literally winning in every relevant category

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

ESPN Has Lost 7 Million Subscribers The Past Two Years

According to a 10K filing from Disney today, which you can read here, ESPN now has 92 million subscribers. That's a troubling number because just two years ago ESPN reported it had 99 million subscribers in the same 10k filing. This means ESPN is now acknowledging that it has lost seven million cable and satellite subscribers in the past two years. Given that the average ESPN subscriber pays $6.61 a channel per month, this means that ESPN has lost somewhere in the neighborhood of $550 million in subscriber revenue per year since 2013. (That's not counting advertising dollar losses.) Moreover the decline in subscribers over the past two years is also hitting ESPN2, a loss of 7 million subscribers, ESPNNews, a loss of six million subscribers, ESPN Classic, a loss of six million subscribers, and ESPNU, a loss of four million subscribers.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-foo...o-years-112515

This makes me happy. I only watch ESPN now if they have a game I want to watch. As far as TV news, I watch FS1 or one of the channels for the actual sport (NBATV, MLB Network, NFL Network).

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

There's a reason their ratings have tanked. People are tired of their agenda