tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

Rays vs Orioles 10/1

I'm not a baseball guy but I do look for situations that look very favorable (based on human psychology mostly).

Is it just me or do the Rays -130 look very good today? Orioles (perennially a footnote in the AL East) just clinched a playoff spot and just had to make an emergency landing where the plane was freefalling for 2 minutes. Rays are still fighting for their playoff life and is currently the hottest team in the MLB.

If looking at the situation, all signs point to Rays but could someone who knows baseball (pitchers/batters/stats/etc) tell me how good this situation feel? I just need some input from the numbers people before I place a decent bet on this. Thanks in advance guys.

kingz
    kingz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Im in the same boat as you even though im a baltimore fan. im not sure how clinching the playoff spot will affect the team but the rays are hungrier. all i know is Tampas starting pitcher is very good and Chen is not playing as well as he can. tough to call =/

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

TB will still be motivated as they r still alive. anything can happen. Bal has a wild card but they want the division. i like TB to squeek this one out tonight. they should be able to hit Chen tonight. Cobb has been great of late

tr4sh
    tr4sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5701

Thx for the replies.

based on the very limited research I did, for what it's worth, it seems like both teams are playing well but slight edge goes to Cobb over Chen in the past 5 outings. Also seems like Rays relief pitching is better than Orioles and offense is about even in recent games.

I guess a unit or two on the streaking, veteran Rays team over the inexperienced, hopefully complacent Orioles team is in order. That emergency landing could not have helped the Orioles getting the proper rest they need as well.

It's too bad I didnt take the bet a bit earlier, line is now upto -140. Oh well, hope my intuition is correct and we hit this.