Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I can see why you felt the need to interject. The thread that states betting against the Angels is easy money when they have won 13 of their last 17. I guess you too see how lucrative that can be. Good luck with that...

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    You're a real class act. I respected you until now. There's nothing wrong with admitting you're wrong. You clearly insinuated that the 14-17 record that stated was way off when you said "Maybe he laughing at the Angels are 14-17 part.... That is certainly not true".

Tell me, Giant. Where do you think he saw the humor in 14-17 when it was actually 13-17? You think he found it funny I was 1 game off of a 17 game record? No, you and I both know there is no humor in that and you were simply shocked that, after you proposed a wager, realized they were 13-17 after you did some research.
    mantle/thelocal: july 5th is us independence day

giant: that is certainly not true

mantle/thelocal: im not wrong cause i was only 1 day off

hopefully you can see what a giant clueless dumbfuk you are.

doubt it though.

Points Awarded:

The Giant gave crustyme 25 SBR Point(s) for this post.

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Jinx worked :-D

Mantle7
    Death Stare

That analogy was one of the stupidest things I've read.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

of course youd think that...

you think 14-17 is identical to 13-17

and 16-20 is identical to 14-20.

you are seriously one of the biggest morons on this site.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Maybe he was laughing at the "Angels have won 14 of their last 17" part.

That's certainly not true.
    Here's the problem, Krusty. Now let me ask you a question. Do you see the humor in being off by 1 game? Mmmm... Not that funny.

And when he says "certainly" don't you realize hes insinuating that the record I posted was far off? We may have our differences but surely you are not that stupid or are you?
    Last edited by Mantle7; 09-15-12 at 04:55 AM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

if a poster claimed he was santa claus but kept referring to dec 26th as christmas day, wouldnt you find that funny?

same thing with a "diehard" angels fan not knowing their true record.

nowhere in there does he say or imply how far off you were. must be some drug induced figment of your imagination.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Actually he does imply how far off he thought I was by saying that DonkeyDikSukker was possibly "laughing" at the 14-17 record which clearly insinuates he thought the numbers were way off or he would never had commented on 1 game within a 17 game stretch.

You two are slippery... I'll give you that. You can't deviate from the fact of the matter. It is not lucrative to fade the Angels when they've won 13 of their last 17.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Here comes a Easter Bunny analogy... I can feel it.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

uh you do realize whether you were off by 1 game or 50, you were 100% wrong?

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I know you can read between the lines but if you want to act naive that's your choice.

You should go huge on the Stros tomorrow. Nice catching up with you Krusty.

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

double post

Nick Papageorgio
    Nick Papageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

trout > mantle, The giant wins.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

What a strange conversation you gentlemen are having.

Mantle7 is trying to make an emotional case while The Giant and crustyme are making a logical one. While Mantle7 is clearly wrong on two separate occasions (especially comical considering his insistence on knowing the team's record "like the back of his hand") I can see where he is trying to make his point. And I stress "trying" here.

The point of contention is here:

Maybe he was laughing at the "Angels have won 14 of their last 17" part.

That's certainly not true.
    Mantle7 assumes here that The Giant is implying the Angels could never muster a record like that, this may be evidence of some homerism on Mantle7's part.

The second point Mantle7 gets upset about is the "welshing" of an implied wager. The thing is Mantle7 changes the terms of the wager within minutes. At 3:52AM The Giant proposes the wager of the specific claim of 14 out of 17:
    Would you be interested in making a wager?
    3 minutes later Mantle7 replies with this:
    It's within 1 game. Maybe they're 13 out of 17. Yah, all my betpoints.
    Clearly he has either looked up the record or realizes he doesn't know the record well enough to wager all his points and changes the entire nature of the original wager.

Basically, he's being a fukking hamburger.

God bless.
    Last edited by keyboarding; 09-15-12 at 01:35 PM.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Thanks for the analysis, Keyboarding. Glad you were able to take some time to post that after you were done working on Giants rooster. How'd it taste?

You do realize that the threads title is "Betting against the Angels is free money".

-I pointed out that they have won 14 out of 17 which I was wrong about. They've won 13 of their last 17.

-Do you think Giant knew the Angels record off of the top of his head? Do you think he saw the humor in being off 1 game in a 17 game span? He took 15 minutes and checked the record and came back to save face.

So here's the bottom line. Giant and Keyboardist both think it is lucrative to fade a team that has won 13 of their last 17 games or they would have never interjected. My point is that there is no incentive betting against a team that has lost 4 of their last 17 games. Fukkn geniuses.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Thanks for the analysis, Keyboarding. Glad you were able to take some time to post that after you were done working on Giants rooster. How'd it taste?

You do realize that the threads title is "Betting against the Angels is free money".

-I pointed out that they have won 14 out of 17 which I was wrong about. They've won 13 of their last 17.

-Do you think Giant knew the Angels record off of the top of his head? Do you think he saw the humor in being off 1 game in a 17 game span? He took 15 minutes and checked the record and came back to save face.

So here's the bottom line. Giant and Keyboardist both think it is lucrative to fade a team that has won 13 of their last 17 games or they would have never interjected. My point is that there is no incentive betting against a team that has lost 4 of their last 17 games. Fukkn geniuses.
    Again, you are making a very emotional response to a black and white subject. No one is disagreeing with how good LAA has been recently. It doesn't matter if it's 12, 13, or 14 out of the last 17, those are impressive numbers. This conversation has nothing to do with wagering on LAA.

I do not think The Giant knew the record, but I do believe that you think you did. It was you who told him he was wrong, repeatedly. Whether or not he looked up the stats before he challenged you is irrelevant. You were wrong and had you accepted his wager you would have lost. I actually think you were the one who looked up the record and changed your mind, not him.

It's within 1 game. Maybe they're 13 out of 17. Yah, all my betpoints.
    That's the smoking gun, pal. You didn't accept the wager first, you changed the terms and then tried to be a tough guy and wanted to wager all your points on it after you confirmed it was 13, and not the previously discussed and controversial 14. Had you said 13 out of 17 in the first place none of this would have happened. That's what you're missing for reasons I can't figure out.

Also, I don't like The Giant. He tries too hard and has incredibly homosexual posting tendencies. Fukk that.

God bless.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

If you had to guess. Why do you think he made hos original post? What point was he trying to make? Look at it one more time.

You dont realize that he was insinuating that the record I posted was far off?

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

If you had to guess. Why do you think he made hos original post? What point was he trying to make? Look at it one more time.

You dont realize that he was insinuating that the record I posted was far off?
    I definitely think he was insinuating LAA weren't capable of achieving such a record but the thing is they didn't, they were one short. Now whether or not he thought you were "far off" will never be proven so it's really not worth getting worked up about.

What I find ridiculous is that you went from being 100% certain you posted the correct record to stating you were "maybe" one game off and not admitting that makes you look like a fukking clown.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Buddy, I admitted I was wrong several times. Scroll up. You really want to bury me because I was one game off? I knew they swept Oak, Boston, won 2-3 in Seattle, swept Detroit, lost 2 of 3 against Oak, and won yesterday. Since they've been on this run I've been paying extremely close attention to them because of how tight the wild card is. I literally did not have to look anything up. I went to 2 of those games.

I was 1 game off. I admit it. However, its extremely chicken $hit of Giant to try and save face when he knew he was wrong. His statement clearly implies that he thought that statistic was far off.

Think whatever you want.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Mantle, you're embarrassing yourself.

This is why I quit talking with you last night, because I know you don't have self-discipline to stop arguing.

I knew exactly how many games the Angels had won when I posted. I knew they just lost three games to Oakland, and I knew previously that they hadn't won 13 in a row, which is what you basically implied.

Keyboarding may not like me, but at least he understands how to argue. Facts beat hyperbole every day of the week.

Please, Mantle, for the love of everything sacred...move on.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I know you can read between the lines but if you want to act naive that's your choice.

You should go huge on the Stros tomorrow. Nice catching up with you Krusty.
    Krusty insults me and I give him the play of the day. Wow...

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I was 1 game off. I admit it. However, its extremely chicken $hit of Giant to try and save face when he knew he was wrong. His statement clearly implies that he thought that statistic was far off.
    There is no such thing as a "clear implication". Either it was stated or it wasn't. I'm not trying to bury you here, pal.

God bless.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Fuk
    Last edited by Mantle7; 09-16-12 at 02:39 AM.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

They only lost two. They swept them in Oakland and lost two at home.

I really hope this is a joke and you're just desperate for me to talk to you.

I'm worried about your mental status, Mantle.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

God Bless you, Sir.

Mantle7
    Death Stare

I really hope this is a joke and you're just desperate for me to talk to you.

I'm worried about your mental status, Mantle.
    you should be... I'm wrong. You win. Fuk.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Haren and the pussy gang are -160 on the road vs KC. You know what to do.

Luca Fury
    I make my living betting on MMA
    Luca Fury's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 757

Name:  qB7b6.gif
Views: 66
Size:  253.3 KB

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Free money!

Mantle7
    Death Stare

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    Haren and the pussy gang are -160 on the road vs KC. You know what to do.
    Yah, pound the Angels like you want to pound Billy Butlers Butt.

First 12