San Francisco Giants - Colorado Rockies: 1 @1.67

Bumgarner pitched bad in the last 3 games but Rockies might be his chance for a quality start. In the last 7 matches against Colorado he allowed just 5 runs and an average of 4.85 hits/game. He also allowed just 1 homerun and walked 1.42 batters/game. Colorado batters are 38 of 138(0.279) against Bumgarner. He allowed 3 homeruns, 11 RBI's and struck out 24 in his career against Rockies.

Chacin pitched pretty good in the last 4 games allowing just 3 runs in the last 21 innings he pitched. But against SF he isn't that good. Pitched once against SF this season and he allowed 4 runs in 4 innings. In the last 3 matches against Giants he allowed 10 runs in 16.2 innings. Giants batters are 23 of 107(0.215) against Chacin. He allowed 4 homeruns, 10 RBI's and struck out 18 in his career against SF.

I choose SF because Bumgarner pitches way better then Chacin. Madison will look to win his first match after 3 hard ones and Colorado seems to be the perfect opponent. In theory, SF should win this one but we all know that baseball is unpredictable sometimes.

St.Louis Cardinals - San Diego Padres: 1 @1.80

Wainwright had 2 very bad matches against Mets and Nationals allowing 11 runs in 7 innings. But things like that just happen from time to time. He had a week to recover and now will face Padres whom he dominated through his career. He pitched 4 times against San Diego and allowed just 2 earned runs in 31 innings. He allowed just 4 hits/game and struck out at least 7 in the last 3 games. Padres batters are 12 of 64(0.188) against him. He didn't allowed any homeruns or RBI's and he struck out 21 in his career against Padres.

Volquez will pitch for San Diego. Even though he is a pitcher with experience, Volquez is not very constant. After 2 good matches against Pirates and Diamondbacks, he allowed 5 earned runs against Colorado after just 4 innings. He pitched 6 times against St.Louis and allowed at least 3 earned runs every games. Last victory as a starter against Cards was in 2008 when he was playing for Cincinnati.Cardinals batters are 26 of 79(0.329) against him. He allowed 4 homeruns, 14 RBI's and he struck out 15 in his career against Cards.

This seems like a good opportunity for St.Louis and Wainwright to win a match which is vital for the wildcard race.

This are my selections for tonight. If i missed something or you don't agree with my arguments feel free to tell me what is wrong because i'm pretty new to MLB betting and any advice is good for me.