Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Tigers!

The Detroit freakin'-Tigers up three-oh?! Kenny fuckin-Rogers another scoreless start?!

A hundred years from now, god willin' and the crick don't rise, some fan will be looking back on a 6-year run where the Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox and Tigers were champions, and probably thinking to themself, "What the hell?!"

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

A hundred years from now, god willin' and the crick don't rise, Willie Bee's great, great grandchildren will be looking back on a 6-year run where the Diamondbacks, Angels, Marlins, Red Sox, White Sox and Tigers were champions, and probably thinking to themself, "Blimey, the Astros must really have been shit"

Willie Bee

They would, except Willie Bee ain't going to have no great, great grandchildren. Not unless something happens that's truly incredible in terms of known medicine.

Willie Bee

Damn! Hate missing Saturday's ALCS game, but congrats to the Tigers for a tremendous playoff run so far and grabbing the AL Pennant.

Now they get a week off to rest up and will have their rotation set however they want it (I'm guessing Rogers pitches Game 2 in Detroit so we won't have to pitch in New York should the Mets win the NL). Anyone think the time off will maybe hurt their momentum?

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes, I think it will hurt their momentum.

No, I do not think that it justifies me betting the other side.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Bottom line, you could put 9 goats out on the field and they'd beat any NL team in the WS.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

So that begs the question. Which improbable team is going to win next year? The Cubs?

ivyconniver

The Cubs? Well, they're not going to have a chance to make the playoffs unless they get ARod. But they won't have a chance to win in the playoffs if they get ARod.

It's a Catch-22 of sorts.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyconniver
    Bottom line, you could put 9 goats out on the field and they'd beat any NL team in the WS.
    I dont agree...
    They will definitely have the edge in starting pitching but their starters are due for a bad outing...
    I say this year's WS might go the distance...
    Certainly hope so...
    I would like to see Leyland playing some NL type ball...
    Should be fun to watch...

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ivyconniver
    especially the Kansas City Royals

ivyconniver

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    They will definitely have the edge in starting pitching but their starters are due for a bad outing...
    That is the most rediculous logic you could possibly have. It's like saying Pujols is due to stop hitting home runs any game now. Or the Yankees were due to score some runs in game 3 or 4.

Willie Bee

You mean as opposed to the logic that nine goats could beat an NL team?

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    You mean as opposed to the logic that nine goats could beat an NL team?
    No Willie, thats not logic thats just a hard fact...
    All Im saying Ivy is that since its the playoffs I dont expect the Detroit staff to continue being as dominant...
    Not like they dominanted anyone during the second half of the regular season anyway...
    All Im saying is that any NL team who makes it to the WS will have a legitimate chance of winning it...
    I know for sure that if St Louis makes it they will be favorite to win at least both of Carpenter's starts...
    And BTW Weaver and Suppan havent pitched bad at all...
    Last edited by Bulldog; 10-18-06 at 11:48 AM.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think this break will hurt them. Sure a short break would have been nice but too long of one may create some problems for them. They were hot but i believe that a team can be "iced" from too much time off.