shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

as much as i love baseball....

im tired of these "fantasy seasons" where a team comes from out of nowhere to win the world series and then not even make the playoffs again. The marlins,white sox, red sox all had magical runs during their seasons. When they won the championship, it almost looked like the whole thing was scripted.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

You can throw the Angels in there, too. They did make the playoffs again, but that was another 'seemingly scripted' run through those playoffs as well. And the Diamondbacks, too. Plus, the Tigers may have 'come from nowhere,' but they were a team built pretty smartly with a lot of high draft picks to move them up quicker. It all matured into a solid season plus the move to get Leyland to help bring them all together.

I think it's been great, except for the Marlins since they didn't even try to hold the same team together for a repeat run. I'd love to see a 5-year stretch where nobody repeated from one year to the next in the playoffs.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

I think we will see the Tigers making noise for some seasons to come. If they keep that team together, with them pitchers. The Marlins didnt even try after they won championships.