Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankees likely miss the playoffs.. i wonder what the prop would be

it certainly looks like they are this year's Red Sox, and Braves...
    completely falling apart, no hustle.. Cano on three pivotal plays.. just jogging..
    this series if huge, last series was also,..
    i just don't see it..*

i think all of the stars are making too much $$$, too famous..
    i love the energy of the A's*($55 Million payroll, Total)

i wonder what the forum thinks..

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

Public sentiment is low on Yankees might be some good spots to buy.

Ratzz

i looked... couldn't find it.... can't miss though..

total mess over there, they are trying to homer their way out of this mess..
    but that is the way they got into it..*

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

They'll be fine once Teixeira comes back. They won't miss playoffs

Some teams can win with injured stars (Cincy) others can't (Yankees) but there's plenty of season left for them to homer themselves to wins to make sure they make post season

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I think anything is possible Ratzz and nobody can deny that Tampa/Balty playing much better than NY lately. And yes you have to love teams like Oakland who show up everyday and way more exciting than the Evil Empire.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

Intresting now!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    They'll be fine once Teixeira comes back. They won't miss playoffs

Some teams can win with injured stars (Cincy) others can't (Yankees) but there's plenty of season left for them to homer themselves to wins to make sure they make post season
    hey PM, i think Tex's absence is not the problem, the problem is the stadium they built and the roster they made to fit the stadium..
    the whole thing is built around leading the majors in HRs... the fans go crazy over HRs, but the long ball really is but the icing on the cake... the Yankees are all icing.*

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I think anything is possible Ratzz and nobody can deny that Tampa/Balty playing much better than NY lately. And yes you have to love teams like Oakland who show up everyday and way more exciting than the Evil Empire.
    agreed RP, Tampa and Balty are playing over their payroll, and fan bases.. (wtf fans? nobody at games) ... i think very exciting ball.. the real battle is between TB and Baltimore for the Division and Wildcard.. Yanks will fade badly, should be story of the year. Along with Oakland .. i hope they get into and go deep in playoffs, i love that story.. go hustle, go small ball!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Intresting now!
    hell yeah!!

Ratzz

i think the only pitcher that people worry about, is Kuroda...
    the others, even Sabathia.. people hit..

CC is not the Ace anymore..

Phelps, Hughes.. Nova are not good enough to deep*

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not even sure Kuroda is all that scary. He is real good but not a "lock down" or "elite ace" type pitcher. NY will not be able to rely on pitching in Oct. if they make it. All those over-paid high profile bats they bought are gonna have to wake up and bring it most nights for them to have any chance.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Not even sure Kuroda is all that scary. He is real good but not a "lock down" or "elite ace" type pitcher. NY will not be able to rely on pitching in Oct. if they make it. All those over-paid high profile bats they bought are gonna have to wake up and bring it most nights for them to have any chance.
    you know, RP.. you're right... in both cases..
    Kuroda does not terrorize as Yankee aces should.. and the bats have to hit out of their seats..

starting rotation is shot, and the bullpen can't hold a lead.. people smack yank pitching around like nothing it seems like... embarrassing amount of HRs tonight..

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Ratzz where ya been?? No plays??

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I dont know if I agree about the Sabathia statements in here, even if people are not big believers in sabermetric stats, he still has some of the best WHIP numbers in baseball, great groundball to flyball ratio and has been solid all year. He has always put up strong Septembers and postseason stats, 2005, 2007 and 2009 were his best numbers for September but the guy is too solid not to count out for september and postseason. He is coming off few rough starts against Tampa Bay and Toronto but I wouldnt count the Yankees out here especially when CC is on the mound.

The Yankees dont have a really tough September, they face series with the Twins in Minny and Blue Jays at home, a hopeless Red sox at Boston and another series with the Jays in Toronto and the A's and Rays at home. The Rays face a really tough schedule but the Orioles are in a pretty good postion, this should be a great game tomorrow night and this Yankees/Orioles series will be big.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post
    hiya Mik, how are you?... when the call-ups are brought up, i switch gears to "fading teams that are self-destructing",
    last year i did pretty good on the Red Sox (7-20 down the stretch) i did not get all of 'em, but a decent amount, i have been fading the yanks for 7 games.. so 5-2 so far there..

hard to imagine Hughes doing well against Hot Orioles... i might up that fading strat to 6-2
    we'll see

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I dont know if I agree about the Sabathia statements in here, even if people are not big believers in sabermetric stats, he still has some of the best WHIP numbers in baseball, great groundball to flyball ratio and has been solid all year. He has always put up strong Septembers and postseason stats, 2005, 2007 and 2009 were his best numbers for September but the guy is too solid not to count out for september and postseason. He is coming off few rough starts against Tampa Bay and Toronto but I wouldnt count the Yankees out here especially when CC is on the mound.

The Yankees dont have a really tough September, they face series with the Twins in Minny and Blue Jays at home, a hopeless Red sox at Boston and another series with the Jays in Toronto and the A's and Rays at home. The Rays face a really tough schedule but the Orioles are in a pretty good postion, this should be a great game tomorrow night and this Yankees/Orioles series will be big.
    i know what you are saying greg, but i think those stats apply to Sabathia in the past, not from this point forward..
    (or last two starts >> forward) not good, gave up lead twice to Toronto at Yankee Stadium, last game 8 hits in 7 innings.. vs Rays,*that's no 'Ace' (gave up lead as well)

the man is not in shape. it is a long season, out of shapes athletes do not win marathons.
    he will not be great again this season. (in my opinion)

but cheers to your picks... and BoL*

John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

Yankees are in trouble. period. I found a proposition line at pinnacle where you can simply bet that the Yankees will not win the East. I am trying to find one where the line would be set for them to miss the playoffs.

Check out the article I wreote that will be posted on the front page of the SBR MLB site shortly. See what you think.

Khiaao
    Khiaao's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

They are done,

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    i know what you are saying greg, but i think those stats apply to Sabathia in the past, not from this point forward..
    (or last two starts >> forward) not good, gave up lead twice to Toronto at Yankee Stadium, last game 8 hits in 7 innings.. vs Rays,*that's no 'Ace' (gave up lead as well)

the man is not in shape. it is a long season, out of shapes athletes do not win marathons.
    he will not be great again this season. (in my opinion)

but cheers to your picks... and BoL*
    I agree about CCs last few appearance and I hope the Orioles or the Rays can step up here inSeptember. I would love to see the Orioles in the playoffs and they have a pretty soft September. They need to win this series though. Good luck this month Ratzz.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    Yankees are in trouble. period. I found a proposition line at pinnacle where you can simply bet that the Yankees will not win the East. I am trying to find one where the line would be set for them to miss the playoffs.

Check out the article I wreote that will be posted on the front page of the SBR MLB site shortly. See what you think.
    that's it.. !! that's awesome.. thank you... John, that's great..
    i am gonnna check it out, see if i can find and jump on it..

cheers to you, bud*

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    I agree about CCs last few appearance and I hope the Orioles or the Rays can step up here inSeptember. I would love to see the Orioles in the playoffs and they have a pretty soft September. They need to win this series though. Good luck this month Ratzz.
    i agree w/you Greg, i think the O's are good for baseball...
    while last night they won a typical Yankee game.. 6 Homeruns..

they usually win it with Hit & Run.. TB wins it with Pitching, Hit & Run
    not a bunch Homers..

Yankees to me are a toolbox full of 'sledger-hammers', while others are hammer,*screwdrivers, wrenches, saw, file..etc.. big sledge-hammers are great, but not good for taking apart an engine..

"…and a lot of good playoff teams run like a well-oiled engine"

nosaij
    nosaij's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7131

give us some winners for friday ratzz

Khiaao
    Khiaao's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    Yankees are in trouble. period. I found a proposition line at pinnacle where you can simply bet that the Yankees will not win the East.
    Would be nice if 5dimes had that, they just have who would win the American league.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Khiaao View Post
    They are done,
    hahaha.. those pics rule... God that girl is beautiful... ouch,

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by nosaij View Post
    give us some winners for friday ratzz
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik View Post

i think the easiest play today is girl playing basketball...

SEPt 7th • ATLANTA @ MINNESOTA UNDER 165*

*i like the Orioles tonight as well... Hughes is a HR Generator.. (tops in MLB i maybe)
    BALTY is a HR machine at the moment. Fans going crazy... Hughes could get pretty nervous..

Ratzz

Yanks were up 2-0.

CC Sabathia... gave up the lead, i think for the 3rd time.. maybe 4th in a row.. not sure

8.18 ERA in last 4 starts.*8.18

this due is about $25M a year.. for the next 7 yrs.!!

man, Cashman fvcked up... this guy is sooo out of shape, ok, under 30.. but not on other side of it,
    also it's not big solid.. it's big gooey.
    his body is burnt-out.. every*1*start is like 2 starts*for a person in shape.*

Yanks are done.. no way advance with him pitching twice in a playoff series vs. quality pitching.

Kuroda, is the yankee Ace.

Mike Huntertz

A long way to go yet!

Ratzz

A long way to go yet!
    this is true, Mike... but still looking shaky..

CC also has career high in "HRs scored/season"

looking bad for NYY

Mike Huntertz

Ratzz, I agree!

The sphincter in the pin stripes is getting very tight!
    Last edited by Mike Huntertz; 09-08-12 at 11:37 PM.

Ratzz

Ratzz, I agree!

The sphincter in the pin stripes is getting very tight!

LOL.... Mike!

Ratzz

i think the yankees may be losing first outright tonight.. at least possibility
    Baltimore smelling blood, want to be rewarded for all their efforts..
    they took a huge hit, when they lost Markakis.. at leadoff..
    but they haven't missed a step. Playing as a team..

let's see what happens.

Yanks/Red Sox are a tossup this evening looks like. nobody doing anything.*
    somebody needs to hit a HR to wake up their team,

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yankees likely make the playoffs...

Ratzz

is tonite the night.. where the Yanks fall out of 1st place..?

how will Hughes handle the presh of a 'must-MUST-win'
    all week it has been must wins..
    but this is different, they were never in a position to lose it*as they are now..

let's see what Yankee pitching is made of..

Ratzz

man.. Sabathia is so unreliable now... nothing fast...*
    only throws 93 when it is a ball... can't control it..

Yanks are done, if he starts two games in a playoff series...*