BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Labor Day L'il Help discussion thread

fellas,

hope that you each have a fun and safe holiday. if i may have a moment of your time, i'd like to ask a favor. it concerns the upcoming presidential election. just kidding. anyway, i have a full day of family what-not planned, and the few hours that i have during the daylight hours will be devoted to CFB prep (a little behind). so i don't have time to cap bases. however, i have the notion of making 4 1u plays in honor of our great nation and its pastime on this special holiday. i already have 2u on Va Tech -7 tonight and this sure would make me feel like a patriot.

what are the best four options? thanks in advance for any thoughts. will lock down the four, whatever they are, in this thread prior to respective first pitch. Happy Labor Day. out for awhile, back later.

BiffTFinancial

probably avoid totals because new series mean we won't know ump assignments.

EDIT:

initial leans
    A's +100
    M's +101
    Brewers -1 (-101)
    Jays -105
    Twins +146
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 09-03-12 at 07:32 AM.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Biff, Happy Labor Day, Nice call on Det/Cws under last night
    also you beat the closer on V-tech it is now at -7.5.
    Peruse the "Bet like your next meal depends on it" thread prior to
    pulling the trigger in mlb, the boyz have been on fire.

pacocn

Biff, any thoughts on the tribe today? at +195,
    I love your toronto play

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

My initial leans with a basic writeup for you Biff:

Rockies ML:
    Medlen has been on a tear lately but the Braves offense scares me. They have gone in quite a shell and the Rockies come in hitting the ball hard. The braves might carry some momentum after the big come back win yesterday, but the braves tend to go in shells. Chatwood has pitched much better and I don't think I could lay -220 for a Braves team that can't hit the ball consistently. Lot of value in the Rockies.

Rangers ML:
    Rangers have started to hit again and I think they can hit the lefty Chen quite solidly today. Darvish can be hit and miss at times, but he usually is good for a quality start and that will be enough for the Rangers.

Twins ML:
    The Whitesox come off a sweep and a late Sunday night game. They will not be in high spirits and are not sending a top line pitcher to the mound. Deduno for the Twins has usually been solid and I think can hang with the Sox for about 6 innings. The Twins should be able to ABC there way to some early runs and hang on for the win.

Padres ML:
    They can flat out hit right now. and at +148, I'll take them over the struggling Dodgers.

BOL on whatever you pick

Capnitrite
    Capnitrite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Jays ML
    Cards/Mets Under 8.5
    Phills / Cincy Under 8

nrok2118
    nrok2118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 635

Reds RL

Toronto ML

Oak ML

I lean Rays, but its hard to go against CC...Id fade the RedSox and take Sea ML against Bucholtz

Personally Im doing multiple round robins, one with favs, one with their RLs, and one with about even MLs...all for a couple bucks a bet but will keep me busy while enjoying the holiday.

pacocn

Biff, i've completed my card in Value Plays,
    and i am anticipating success.
    Bol on whatever you decide.

BiffTFinancial

wow, thanks a lot for all of the input, fellas. excellent stuff. thinking it through right now. really starting to like Jays, A's. wish we knew umps for Yanks/Rays under, Mets/Cards under.

BiffTFinancial

booked A's -101

BiffTFinancial

and Brewers -1 +100

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Biff, any thoughts on the tribe today? at +195,
    I love your toronto play
    at that price, you can justify pretty much anything but if you're gonna go long, i say go long on Rockies (which you did). wish i had the stones to take Rocks. Tribe sucks right now. kinda like EP's Tribe TT under 4 -120, but don't want to fade the home team today even though i probably should.

close to pulling trigger on Jays, thinking about it...

LuckyStarter
    LuckyStarter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 458

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    wow, thanks a lot for all of the input, fellas. excellent stuff. thinking it through right now. really starting to like Jays, A's. wish we knew umps for Yanks/Rays under, Mets/Cards under.
    I would suggest Yanks/Rays for Over. Both the pitcher Sabathia and Shields, don't have good history against each team

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStarter View Post
    I would suggest Yanks/Rays for Over. Both the pitcher Sabathia and Shields, don't have good history against each team
    i'm going to pass on that total. it's pretty much under or nothing for me at the Trop, but you're right about the history. also saw somewhere that Emmel might be the ump. i want nothing to do with the under if he's behind the plate. thanks a lot for your thoughts.

BiffTFinancial

gonna go one larger than expected, five plays (eating almost .4u in juice):

Brewers -1 +100
    Jays -113
    Rangers TT over 4' -125
    A's -101
    Padres +150

BOL to all today, enjoy your holiday.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Good luck Biff. Playing the Jays Over 8.5, Fish Over 8 ti start with.

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

Biff I am on the Mets ML +147 a bit risky but I like the value at that price.

Finally wrapped all my NFL/NCAAF/Fantasy homework and am dabblling int he bases again. I have found that zeroing in on one or maybe two plays per day is a much more pleasant approach. Rockies and A's TTs have been helping recover losses lately hope you are getting paid. Cheers.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Good luck Biff. Playing the Jays Over 8.5, Fish Over 8 ti start with.
    what's up, Hot Wings. looks as if we both lost on Jays game, but nice work on the over in the Brewers game.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by newbottles View Post
    Biff I am on the Mets ML +147 a bit risky but I like the value at that price.

Finally wrapped all my NFL/NCAAF/Fantasy homework and am dabblling int he bases again. I have found that zeroing in on one or maybe two plays per day is a much more pleasant approach. Rockies and A's TTs have been helping recover losses lately hope you are getting paid. Cheers.
    what's up, newbottles. good to see you. i still have about half the NCAA teams to finalize, working on the middle tier of the Pac 12 right now. agree that one or two plays a day is probably preferable. BOL today.

BiffTFinancial

Brewers -1 +100 - LOSER
    Jays -113 - LOSER
    Rangers TT over 4' -125 - WINNER

1-2 -1.13u start. cmon A's and Pads.

BiffTFinancial

well, this craptastic experiment went 1-4 -3.14u. bah. sincere thanks for everyone who chimed in. in the end, there was no saving me from myself.