Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aug 27 > • "NO-BEERS" BECKETT GETS 'W' > LA Dodgers (-155) 2X __-1.5 RL (-105) 1X

Aug 27th > Return to Yesteryear

I think Josh Beckett is going togo out and do in his first game… what Adrian Gonzalez did in his first 'At-Bat".
    We have to throw out all of this/last year's stats on Beckett for this game. Funk is over, at least for tonight:

1) New League: nobody knows him at all.. which means that if he keeps the Rockies basically down until third time through,
    the dodgers should be ahead by 3-4 Runs.. and should def. win the game, i think by at least 2

2) Fresh Start: this would affect anyone. He will probably want to make a great impression and
    go out and deliver great stuff, to add to the vibe and get on the good side of the fans.

3) Relaxed Clubhouse:*these guys are winning, and will likely end up in the playoffs.. no more negative/tense energy, surrounding every game.
    He'll be right at home.is would affect anyone. Unless he went out drinking last night, he will probably want to make a great impression and
    go out and deliver great stuff, to impress new team and get on the good side of the fans.

4) Nervous SP Francis:*I think all these high profile players are going to make Francis a bit more tenuous than usual...
    and really this has the attention and scope of a nationally televised playoff game, one that he was not expecting.
    A few days ago, this was just a regular home-start. NOT Anymore it's not!*

Francis has an ERA of almost 6 (5.79) tack on all that Dodger hitting.. plus the media coverage... *

…all in all, i think this "Big Game/Fresh Start" adds up to a Dodger 'W'

> • /LA Dodgers (-155) 2X __-1.5 RL (-105) 1X

ColdBeerHere
    Tailing Wilson
    ColdBeerHere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8151

I say if they allow him to drink beer in the clubhouse he becomes a quality pitcher once again....

If not he hooks on with some East Coast minor league team or something, just so he can drink and play ball again.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Get it !!!!!!!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by ColdBeerHere View Post
    I say if they allow him to drink beer in the clubhouse he becomes a quality pitcher once again....

If not he hooks on with some East Coast minor league team or something, just so he can drink and play ball again.

hahahahah... lol.. well said..

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    Get it !!!!!!!
    let's doo-dis brah!!

You mad bro

Might need vodka for this outing forget the beer

Ratzz

Might need vodka for this outing forget the beer
    lol.... vodka is fine.. but only*AFTER he gets the "W" for us.. then as much potato-juice as you want, man.. go crazy..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I'm not necessarily on the Rockies Jed, but Beckett has been in the NL before and Francis isn't exactly a spring chicken. I doubt he's bothered by any extra attention this game gets.

Good luck though. Play definitely makes sense on paper.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm not necessarily on the Rockies Jed, but Beckett has been in the NL before and Francis isn't exactly a spring chicken. I doubt he's bothered by any extra attention this game gets.

Good luck though. Play definitely makes sense on paper.
    good points NC, (as ever) if it makes sense on paper... then that's good enough for me..!

cheers to you, buddy

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Nice analysis, Ratzz.

I'm going to play the role of contrarian and offer the following:

Even though Col may not have seen Becket before, these boys can hit. And we know Coors isn't exactly a pitcher's park.

Greinke, who was new to the Angels and coming from a team in shambles, should have also been energized. His performance hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Francis is never someone I would back. However, he's not an auto-fade either. Like any other big league pitcher, he can be just mediocre enough to keep things close.

I just see this as a matter of which SP will implode to a greater degree. BOL on your play, though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Do the Dodgers hit lefties well?

I agree that Colorado has been hitting much better recently, but man, their pitching staff/philosophy is one of the worst I've ever seen.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    Nice analysis, Ratzz.

I'm going to play the role of contrarian and offer the following:

Even though Col may not have seen Becket before, these boys can hit. And we know Coors isn't exactly a pitcher's park.

Greinke, who was new to the Angels and coming from a team in shambles, should have also been energized. His performance hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

Francis is never someone I would back. However, he's not an auto-fade either. Like any other big league pitcher, he can be just mediocre enough to keep things close.

I just see this as a matter of which SP will implode to a greater degree. BOL on your play, though.
    very interesting analysis yourself, EV+ ... i will have to think about these points, this is exactly what is great about SBR...
    there are views and perspectives that a person operating alone would never think of.. thanks, and cheers

BoL whatever you grab

Ratzz

I agree that Colorado has been hitting much better recently, but man, their pitching staff/philosophy is one of the worst I've ever seen.
    yeah, i agree... some crazy stuff going on over there sometimes..

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Colorado +1.5 (-115)....book it!!!!!!!!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    yeah, i agree... some crazy stuff going on over there sometimes..
    75 pitch limit? WTF are they thinking? All they have to do is look at how it's panned out and realize it's an embarrassing failure -- especially when you have shitty relievers like they do.

rumnblack
    rumnblack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like L.A

EVPlus

Well, we know Francis will be on a pitch limit. Even if that wasn't the case, I just don't see him going past 5 or 6 innings. So do you have faith in the Col bp (if you're backing them) is a factor.

Dodgers got owned by the Fish yesterday. The Fish! These guys are plenty motivated to not get owned by another crappy team.

Rockies, not unlike the Pads, are probably just collecting as many Ws as they can and trying to play spoiler as often as possible.

If Beckett fails, either due to the altitude or because...well, because he's Beckett, how does the Dodger's rested relievers line up against Col. This is the stat that merits attention, IMO.

To be honest, I'm thinking of just laying chalk on Oak tonight and staying away from this one.

Ratzz

75 pitch limit? WTF are they thinking? All they have to do is look at how it's panned out and realize it's an embarrassing failure -- especially when you have shitty relievers like they do.
    Well, we know Francis will be on a pitch limit. Even if that wasn't the case, I just don't see him going past 5 or 6 innings. So do you have faith in the Col bp (if you're backing them) is a factor.

Dodgers got owned by the Fish yesterday. The Fish! These guys are plenty motivated to not get owned by another crappy team.

Rockies, not unlike the Pads, are probably just collecting as many Ws as they can and trying to play spoiler as often as possible.

If Beckett fails, either due to the altitude or because...well, because he's Beckett, how does the Dodger's rested relievers line up against Col. This is the stat that merits attention, IMO.

To be honest, I'm thinking of just laying chalk on Oak tonight and staying away from this one.
    how bad is his gear that he is limited to 75 pitches...? if he gets in trouble early.. he could screw up the BP for 2-3 games... yikes on them....

EVPlus

how bad is his gear that he is limited to 75 pitches...? if he gets in trouble early.. he could screw up the BP for 2-3 games... yikes on them....
    Yes, Col is on a short rotation so they've implemented the pitch limit for all their SPs. To add to this, Francis has gone into the 6th inning just twice this season (some one is welcome to fact check this). His xERA is 4.48. So you got a guy who lasts 5 innings at the most and gives up about a run per inning on average. This angle has been profitable for me but I pick my spots. With Beckett on the mound, I personally cannot justify the price tag for LA.

Ratzz

Yes, Col is on a short rotation so they've implemented the pitch limit for all their SPs. To add to this, Francis has gone into the 6th inning just twice this season (some one is welcome to fact check this). His xERA is 4.48. So you got a guy who lasts 5 innings at the most and gives up about a run per inning on average. This angle has been profitable for me but I pick my spots. With Beckett on the mound, I personally cannot justify the price tag for LA.
    sweet info dude.. nice.*.. top tier data for cappin'. hats off!

the juice is heavy, but is better much more acceptable once you swallow the RL, (which i think they are good for)..

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Wouldn't close to a run per inning be an ERA close to 9?

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    damn... that a dude you send back down..

You mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by odog11 View Post
    yes it would ..

i think he meant that he had a 4.5 era and only pitches average of 4.5 innings per game maybe ... thats all i can guess

MikeyD323
    MikeyD323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 387

Aug 27th > Return to Yesteryear

I think Josh Beckett is going togo out and do in his first game… what Adrian Gonzalez did in his first 'At-Bat".
    We have to throw out all of this/last year's stats on Beckett for this game. Funk is over, at least for tonight:

1) New League: nobody knows him at all.. which means that if he keeps the Rockies basically down until third time through,
    the dodgers should be ahead by 3-4 Runs.. and should def. win the game, i think by at least 2

2) Fresh Start: this would affect anyone. He will probably want to make a great impression and
    go out and deliver great stuff, to add to the vibe and get on the good side of the fans.

3) Relaxed Clubhouse:*these guys are winning, and will likely end up in the playoffs.. no more negative/tense energy, surrounding every game.
    He'll be right at home.is would affect anyone. Unless he went out drinking last night, he will probably want to make a great impression and
    go out and deliver great stuff, to impress new team and get on the good side of the fans.

4) Nervous SP Francis:*I think all these high profile players are going to make Francis a bit more tenuous than usual...
    and really this has the attention and scope of a nationally televised playoff game, one that he was not expecting.
    A few days ago, this was just a regular home-start. NOT Anymore it's not!*

Francis has an ERA of almost 6 (5.79) tack on all that Dodger hitting.. plus the media coverage... *

…all in all, i think this "Big Game/Fresh Start" adds up to a Dodger 'W'

> • /LA Dodgers (-155) 2X __-1.5 RL (-105) 1X

Yeah budddyyyyy!!! Lets gooo dodgers!!!!!!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyD323 View Post
    Yeah budddyyyyy!!! Lets gooo dodgers!!!!!!
    Yaaaaahh, Mikey.... Let's hit it, brah!! cheers!

EVPlus

yes it would ..

i think he meant that he had a 4.5 era and only pitches average of 4.5 innings per game maybe ... thats all i can guess
    That's what I meant. Thanks for clarifying to the other poster.

BOL to the Dodgers backers tonight. At this point, my only play is a small play on Oak so I can protect the winnings for the month.

Pick of Destiny
    Pick of Destiny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2038

Rocks have been on that pitch count for a while, they understand the urgency. I can't back Beckett either way, terrible attitude.

Awesome-O
    Awesome-O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree and think Beckett will come out a bit stronger tonight as well. But I still think LAD is too expensive. I'm going with the under 10.5. Final score 6-4 Dodgers

You mad bro

Dodgers can't fckn hit

Ratzz

i think Beck is basically doing his job... where the "F" are all these big boy bats..? (is my question)

Ratzz

their Avg's are all really high... everybody near 300 or over.. should be more than a "0" up there

You mad bro

Smh terrible

Ratzz

i am officially 'baffled'.

Welcome to MLB

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Colorado +1.5 (-115)....book it!!!!!!!!!
    Looking good!!!!!!!

Ratzz

i think we know who this is, folks.. Darkside Magic is NittanyLionsFan

the very same Modus Operandi

i knew this would bring you out.. zero impulse control.

You mad bro

U can have 2 names on this forum?

12 Last