Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

TRAIN THE MIND < To Win >

ok, gents.. starting a thread with all the picks so i have everybody's comments in one place..

i'll be making picks, as well as discussing some of the psychological aspects of sports and capping.

All comments by my peers and buds at SBR are welcome..
    write up whatever you may have on your mind,
    we all need to share our data for us to advance..*

Cheers and BOL to all –®

Ratzz

> Aug 24, Friday

CC TO THE RESCUE Yankees/Sabathia -1.5 Runs (-145)

CC is rested here, just coming off the DL for 15 Days..
    The Yanks just got swept in CHI, and are not happy about it.
    The Yankee pitching rotation is struggling, and CC wants to let everyone know
    that he and not Kuroda is the Ace on that club (open for debate)*

Personally i think it's Kuroda, but tonite it's gonna be CC

As for the bats, they were shut down and frustrated in CHI-town..
    especially by Sale, boy that kid made them look old/silly
    Yankee wood is ready to break it open..

should be good for a win by a measly two-runs
    we are talking about the Yanks after all.

GL

Ratzz

> Aug 24

NERVOUS 'LESTER' SHAPES UP**Red Sox/Lester -1.5 Runs (+110)

I think that Lester is concerned about his tenure in Boston, after another long-standing Red Sox
    SP Josh Beckett was placed on waivers.. Lester thinks he's next, and i expect him to put forth a good effort, even if just to save his job for another week.

Red Sox sinking and thrashing around, yet they still managed to put up 13
    last night against the visiting Angels desperately seeking to avoid the sweep.
    It went an "extra innings", but a total of 27 Runs were scored.. Gonzalez was placed on waivers,
    and i believe was reported to have been claimed by the LAD.

The Sox wanted that win bad, but just ran out of time, and steam.. they may have some left over
    for the Royals, and want to prove that they are still able to hit without high-priced Adrian Gonzalez
    and Crawford.

Chen is up and down and can be great or suck, but with a frenetic Boston club-house, he can easily give up more than his not-stellar ERA (5.45), and let the Red Sox take this game away..

I like Boston here, by two .. hopefully more

GL – ®

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Good luck guy, looking forward to this thread. You're one of the sharpest and consistent I've seen lately

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Good luck guy, looking forward to this thread. You're one of the sharpest and consistent I've seen lately
    thanx, 'mayo... let's get 'em *cheers to you

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I'm on KC tonight.. oh well I think they pull out the win here against a Sox team that is on the fringes and mentally/spiritually disabled even more than ever after the marathon loss last night. GL to ya!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

sounds like sox bout to move bunch of guys..

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I'm on KC tonight.. oh well I think they pull out the win here against a Sox team that is on the fringes and mentally/spiritually disabled even more than ever after the marathon loss last night. GL to ya!
    oops.. sorry to hear, always like to be on the same side... GL 2u2, cheers!*

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    sounds like sox bout to move bunch of guys..
    Sox are moving everyone.. but Lester still wants his job, and really the best/hottest bats are still there..
    Gonzalez is a great fit for the yanks... big-boom hitter... not a base-runner.. *other guys run bases..
    that's how you win... hit and run *

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Hey Ratzz you mentioned something last night about a book. Any details on when it comes out or the name of it? I just noticed your threads in the last couple days and enjoy your writing and insights on the game. It's ironic how your attitude comes through in the way you write as being very "Roy Hobbs like" lol. Great movie b.t.w!

Ratzz

Hey Ratzz you mentioned something last night about a book. Any details on when it comes out or the name of it? I just noticed your threads in the last couple days and enjoy your writing and insights on the game. It's ironic how your attitude comes through in the way you write as being very "Roy Hobbs like" lol. Great movie b.t.w!
    hey RP, the publisher has an editor going over it now.. i guess they'll have it in a couple of weeks.. i will send you a PM, when it's up..and good to go... i look forward to it.. i wanna use the logo from the book as my avatar, but the publisher told me not to show or use any of it until it's out... *(what to do?) aargh.. thanks for asking bud...

how many games are you interested in tonite? i only really saw two that grabbed me.. two biggish faves.. (usually not my style)
    the road underdog (with lesser record) is my Turkish Delight *

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I grabbed an "obvious" one myself... Yanks tt ov 5.5, Royals, Reds. Have a few leans as well and might play one later the over in Braves/Giants game. GL

Ratzz

I grabbed an "obvious" one myself... Yanks tt ov 5.5, Royals, Reds. Have a few leans as well and might play one later the over in Braves/Giants game. GL
    i especially like that Yanks TT•O/5.5... i think they score 6-7.. that should win in my opinion.
    xtra GL on that, bud* and all the rest as well..

i am on the other side of KC... i went Red on that one

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Nothing wrong with picking the big faves if you see an angle and can cut the juice. When it comes to picking games I only have one rule that I stand by.. NO HEAVY CHALK! Some guys only pick dogs, only heavy faves, only overs, unders etc. and that's their thing. I pick where the value is for that particular game and how I see it playing out based on my research, spots, matchups, and what my gut tells me when all is said and done.

Ratzz

Nothing wrong with picking the big faves if you see an angle and can cut the juice. When it comes to picking games I only have one rule that I stand by.. NO HEAVY CHALK! Some guys only pick dogs, only heavy faves, only overs, unders etc. and that's their thing. I pick where the value is for that particular game and how I see it playing out based on my research, spots, matchups, and what my gut tells me when all is said and done.
    i AGREE with this 100%, this is basically my cap style, and what works best 4me, cheers to that!

Ratzz

> Aug 25, Saturday

KURODA picks*up where CC left off
    Yankees/Kuroda (-175)

I would take the RL here, but who knows with these bats anymore..
    maybe Jeter can share some of his HGH cocktail with the rest of the team.
    last night's score should have been more lopsided... Masterson can give them up
    when he gets in a bad way..*

Maybe that'll happen tonite..

GL

NittanyLionsFan
    Casey, show 'em how to smile.
    NittanyLionsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

Lmao. Guy 2 posts ago agreed that his 1 rule is don't lay heavy chalk. Now he has Yankees -175. #Hilarious

Have fun losing long term, bro!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by NittanyLionsFan View Post
    Lmao. Guy 2 posts ago agreed that his 1 rule is don't lay heavy chalk. Now he has Yankees -175. #Hilarious

Have fun losing long term, bro!
    hey Lions, can you do me a favor..?
    maybe just stay out of my threads– you seem to cause problems wherever you go. thanks
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ronzer, and EVPlus

Ratzz

ssup Ronz.... ? how are you, bud? your nomination cracked me up

wow what a drag, that dude.. hate to call someone out, but that BS is out– man, no time

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

yeah i got a good laugh from your post.

I always like to see what you have to say...may not always agree but you normally have good input.

NittanyLionsFan

Hahahahahaha!

#BrantleyTheBasedGod

NittanyLionsFan

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

NittanyLionsFan

Nothing to say?

One day you'll realize you don't know a damn thing about this stuff. Quit now, loser.

ses_d
    ses_d's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5040

stfu Lions. what are you contributing to the board but your POS negativity. get the fuk out guy.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Nittany you are a sad clown that brings bad vibes into every thread you post in. Really would be nice if a few of these guys that make no picks, have no insight on games, and just wanna talk sh*t and act like kids be banned.

NittanyLionsFan

I'm not bringing bad vibes, I'm trying to help people out. This guy actually put real money on Yankees -175. He is sick and needs help, seriously.

NittanyLionsFan

Also, I'm pretty sure when I post in certain peoples threads (nash, LT, nc, few others) I'm pretty much 100% supportive of their plays, generally speaking. They know what they're doing. People like this clown who made this thread don't understand the first bit about what they're doing. They are the reason the books make bank. They are the reason the pro's are able to make a living. Why the hell shouldn't you point that out to them? Maybe they'll take a hint and actually switch up what they're doing.

Seriously.

Yankees -175 today. Ha! Good one!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Well I personally don't lay that kind of juice and did not trust NY on the run line either. However the Yanks and Kuroda beating the sorry Tribe should be a safe bet 75% of the time.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I saw the Indians doing very well tonight earlier. I had them +1.5. Masterson is a all or nothin pitcher. Kuroda was due to get hit. Hes actually lucky indians didnt get 5 themselves

NittanyLionsFan

If Ratzzz wants some tips, I'm here for help. But I guarantee he doesn't, so in that case I can say whatever I want. I'm here for the betterment of the board.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Do you have a thread with picks Nittany? If not get one and make picks prior to the game so we can see how you do. Otherwise just going into someone else's thread and talking smack 3/4 into a game when the bet looks lost is kinda cheap and not helping anyone.

Ratzz

[thread closed]

NittanyLionsFan

Do you have a thread with picks Nittany? If not get one and make picks prior to the game so we can see how you do. Otherwise just going into someone else's thread and talking smack 3/4 into a game when the bet looks lost is kinda cheap and not helping anyone.
    If you re-read the thread you'll see that I clowned on the play BEFORE THE GAME STARTED. As I always do and will. Shut up you herb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    [thread closed]
    Why? Because you lost a play? We're here to help.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

You were just making a joke about the contradition of laying juice on the game. You never stated anything else prior to the game starting about the pick "herb" lmao

NittanyLionsFan

You were just making a joke about the contradition of laying juice on the game. You never stated anything else prior to the game starting about the pick "herb" lmao
    Um, no. I clearly said he has Yankees -175 followed with hashtag #Hilarious and the comment of "Have fun losing long term". All in the same post, before the game started.

I have been consistent with these types of baseball plays ever since I started posting here.

This clown closing his thread after this loss, whether it has to do with my constructive criticism or not, proves he is a mentally weak person. Like wow.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I got ya Nittany. Just thought you were talking about these picks losing in the long run which is true if you always lay heavy chalk. But not so much this game in particular. Oh well its over he swung and missed like we all do at times.

12 Last