frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Does anyone here actually still think the Angels are a good team

Everyone on this board has been all over their nuts since May, and when they got Greinke everyone said they were a lock to win the AL West and World Series favorites.

And before that, before the season started, everyone crowned them as champs already due to their offseason, despite calls from me and a few others saying Texas was still the team to beat.

Not saying any names, but you know who you are.

Are there any posters still here that think the Angels are good, will make the playoffs, and make a playoff run?

Because its clear that they are an over hyped over paid piece of trash team.

Pick of Destiny
    Pick of Destiny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2038

I actually think they will go to the WS

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

on paper they are fuckin' monsters

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Angels

Los Angeles

California

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

good team yes, but their best player is a rookie, that can't be good for team morale

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

they don't have to be a good team to win the world series. all you have to do is make the playoffs. the best teams rarely win the world series anyway.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BuddyBear

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

MLB postseason has become watered down. It use to be up until 1968, the two best teams in each league met in the Fall Classic. Then up until 1995, it was 2 teams from each league played in the division series. Then in 1995 the wildcard was introduced and 4 teams from each league got into the playoffs. Now, 5 teams from each league get in...you have to be joking. You really need more playoff rounds after 162 games? One of these years, a team with 82 wins is going to win the World Series. Baseball is becoming no better than the NBA.

So yes, the Angels don't have to be a "good" team, they just have to be in the top 5 of their league to make the playoffs and then they can turn it up a notch and win the World Series. Personally, I think the Reds are going to win it.

Pick of Destiny
    Pick of Destiny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2038

The 2011 cardinals were not a great team, just caught fire at the right time. I can easily see the Angels pitching righting itself and making a nice run.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Angels

Los Angeles

California
    CA envy.

aldo5408
    aldo5408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

Lol frograngers stay haiting same \*\*\*\*\*\* that cries when he loses $50 in one day no dough ass *****

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Trout and weaver are carry this team !!! What a good player is Mike Trout???MVP and ROY ?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Their bullpen is bad, really bad. They don't have the starting pitching to match up with the Rays. Don't have pitching that can beat the bats of the Tigers, Yankees, Rangers...I don't see them going places. They peaked and are on the down swing.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Their bullpen is bad, really bad. They don't have the starting pitching to match up with the Rays. Don't have pitching that can beat the bats of the Tigers, Yankees, Rangers...I don't see them going places. They peaked and are on the down swing.
    IF they make a wild card they better have homefield or Weaver will get lit up like a christma tree. He sucks in NY and in Texas, Angels will play TB rays or Yankees if it comes own to it. They have a slugging chance against the yankees but TB Rays would shut them down

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

I would love to see Texas go all the way and lose again!

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

4 teams in front of angels for the wild card. chances slim to none. expensive underachiver team, would rather bet on mariners than bet on angels

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Love puttin in props before the season, took their under, bout as easy as the Cubs under this year.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Lol I find it funny because they're the only team I know that constantly gets -200+ juice and struggle to stay above .500 gotta love baseball oh and if dempster gets his swagg back gl laa