jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Who The Heck Is Going To Watch Det vs Oak?

Not many

Ratings are going to take a beating

Network praying Mets get to WS

2119's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not me.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

-108/-108 for the series at WSEX

jjgold

Might be one of the lowest rated series ever

Detroit= Dirty City vs Oak- Dirty City

Both Cities are ghost towns

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I'll watch it but I'm a junkie.

E

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Anything without the Yankees, is a good thing.

I will watch it, and see the Tigers go on to the World Series.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually wanna watch that matchup coach. I think that series will be a fun one to watch IMO ... Just like Looker said above, anybody but the Yankees is ok by me.

jjgold

Lots of talent on both teams, I say Detroit slightly better.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I'll be watching it. Could care less about ratings. I was rooting for a Twins-Padres World Series to begin with.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I enjoy watching both the A's and Tigers, so I will be watching the playoffs straight through the World Series.

Mudcat
    Mudcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't watch much sports period, so I can't say I'll be glued to this series, but I'll watch it exactly as much as any other match-up. Basically I'll flip to it now and then and maybe linger if it looks like a key moment.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Day games in baseball during the week are an easy sell if you are around a TV and nothing on. Isn't that a glowing endorsement?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

MLB and the networks deserve any poor ratings they get. Tonight's Padres-Cards game will be the first prime time broadcast of the playoffs that doesn't feature one of the New York teams. They continue to shove New York teams down the viewers' throats and then expect the viewers to be just as interested in the rest of the matchups.

And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that FOX's pregame show has very little to do with the San Diego and St. Louis teams they are about to air. At least 75% of their pregame crapola will center on the New York Yankees losing their series to Detroit while the New York Mets swept the Dodgers in their LDS. Hell, is won't surprise me one bit if two-thirds of the pregame discussion is everyone weighin in on Joe Torre being fired and Alex Rodriguez being traded.

They push and push and push the bigger media markets, and then when they have smaller markets for a matchup expect the general public to salivate just as much. It's like a dope peddler selling his Panama Red over and over, then expecting the druggies to suddenly be just as interested in Mexican dirt weed for the same price.
    Last edited by Willie Bee; 10-08-06 at 10:45 AM.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Me ! Breath of fresh air IMHO

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Tonight's Padres-Cards game will be the first prime time broadcast of the playoffs that doesn't feature one of the New York teams.
    Thank god for small miracles

I hated the fact that we got stuck watching both NY teams every damn night! I know it's all about the ratings stuff in order to sell there advertisers, but some of these other are more appealing IMO.

njschimpf
    njschimpf's Avatar Become A Pro!

they both have very good teams but detroits pitching is unbelievable should be very low scoring games

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I look forward to watching the two best teams instead of hearing about A-Rod's eating disorder for the next two weeks.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    MLB and the networks deserve any poor ratings they get. Tonight's Padres-Cards game will be the first prime time broadcast of the playoffs that doesn't feature one of the New York teams. They continue to shove New York teams down the viewers' throats and then expect the viewers to be just as interested in the rest of the matchups.

And I'll bet you a dollar to a doughnut that FOX's pregame show has very little to do with the San Diego and St. Louis teams they are about to air. At least 75% of their pregame crapola will center on the New York Yankees losing their series to Detroit while the New York Mets swept the Dodgers in their LDS. Hell, is won't surprise me one bit if two-thirds of the pregame discussion is everyone weighin in on Joe Torre being fired and Alex Rodriguez being traded.

They push and push and push the bigger media markets, and then when they have smaller markets for a matchup expect the general public to salivate just as much. It's like a dope peddler selling his Panama Red over and over, then expecting the druggies to suddenly be just as interested in Mexican dirt weed for the same price.
    Well said brother. Everytime I switched to the baseball game my info bar on DTV said Tigers vs. Yankees. I guess FOX didn't have the heart to tell everybody it was just SD vs. StL.

Did anybody else with DTV notice that to?