RainMaker_02
    RainMaker_02's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good idea to take Angels tonight at -155???

Rays have been on fire and they own the Angels. But it is Weaver we are talking about pitching, he was 1.23 ERA at home. Worth the chance to go with Angels and the ML????

Siresco
    Siresco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1463

Look what seattle did to him at home..

RainMaker_02

Quote Originally Posted by Siresco View Post
    Look what seattle did to him at home..
    yeah but I find it hard to believe that he would get rocked in back to back starts...who knows with baseball though

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I wouldn't say they are on fire... Seattle just beat them and won the series. 2 games outta 3 and that cooled them off a little bit. Last night they beat the Angels but it wasn't a even matchup. Price vs. Haren? Lol.

So tonight's gonna go a lot like last night except the shoes gonna be on the other foot. TB got completely shutdown by Felix, top 5 pitcher in league, then they got to face Haren which is a slumping hitters wet dream. TB rocked him. Angels saw TBs Ace, another top 5 pitcher, and got shutdown. Now they get to face Shields whos nowhere near as bad as Haren, but the guy can get lit up from time to time and after facing Price, it's what I expect the Angels to do.

A pitcher like Weaver does not have two bad outtings in a row. Honestly, he didn't even pitch that bad during the loss. He made a few mistakes but I think you'll see lights out Weaver tonight. He'll be conservative and will pitch a minimum of 7 innings which can be a little nerve racking but he could also pitch the whole 9. I'm personally betting the whole game but first 5 is not a bad idea.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by RainMaker_02 View Post
    Rays have been on fire and they own the Angels. But it is Weaver we are talking about pitching, he was 1.23 ERA at home. Worth the chance to go with Angels and the ML????
    lol, i wouldnt say the rays have been on fire. Had a perfect game agast them the oher night. they have been good of late tho. i still like the angels here. Anels lost 7-0 last night, they ned to catch tampa look for angels to win next 2 of 3. David price one of the best in the league nothin they could do. weaver coming off some great starts

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by RainMaker_02 View Post
    yeah but I find it hard to believe that he would get rocked in back to back starts...who knows with baseball though
    shields isnt as good on the road, weaver dominant in angels stadium. theres no such thing as a sure thing, but i really like Angels ML

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Kind of like the Angles here myself despite the Rays dominance over them in the last 10 games. L.A. has been shut-out I believe 3 straight vs. Tampa and will look to rebound with their ace on the hill tonight. Keep in mind Shields was not one of the pitchers who shut them out in the last series a couple weeks ago and Weaver did not pitch in that series either. Fun fact... Derryl Cousins is behind the dish and home teams are 14-4 and the Rays are 0-4 when he is head ump.

RainMaker_02

Rays are 8-2 over there last 10 games, I would say that they are in fire....with a win 7 streak in there. I guess I just talked myself out of taking anyone in this game....

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

When somebody beats you in a series and throws a PERFECT GAME against you you've cooled off. Heading into the Seattle series they were on fire. Seattle who is a team that is.. what... 10 or 15 games below .500 beat them two out of 3 and in those losses they scored 2 Runs in 18 innings. So they got owned by a team that's not that great. I could hit one into the seats off Haren.. that game doesn't even count.Do what you like but you can get the Angels @ even money if you go -1.

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

Over !!! is the play here !!! dont get fooled with under!!!or 5 inning ! OVEER

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3365

My money is on Angels first five innings. Then you don't even have to worry about the bullpen. Also you only have to watch 5 innings of baseball, which is a benefit into itself. When's the last time a bet has lost with Weaver for first five innings? Answer: it's been a long while.