Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aug 17 > TOMMY 'BOPS' VERLANDER •• BALTIMORE (+245) __and +1.5 (+100) if you like

I think Tommy Boy has a pretty good chance in this matchup, and given the hefty payoff, it is certainly worth a gamble..

Verlander is only 12-7...not indestructible as he has been in previous years (and i am sure will be again) .. he's been pretty on last two games, but if the O's catch a break and get him off balance.. maybe a fielding error to help... it could set them off,..

Orioles had an early lead vs. Boston last night (8/16) and then went scoreless over the last 7 to lose the game at home. In that game, they wewe underdogs at home, to a team with 7 Less wins at game time.

Tonight: they are underdogs on the road to a team with one less win, and very comparable records BAL 32-25 Away , and DET 33-23 Home.

Verlander IS awesome, but beatable this year. Not impenetrable.
    The Orioles can pass through him if they get going, i am confident. *

Aug 17 > •• BALTIMORE (+245) __and +1.5 (+100) if you like

if you wanna play safe, 1X the Game, and 2X the RL.. you might cash both*

TOMMY Hunter was better his last time out at Tampa Bay, but suffered a loss in that outing to fall to 4-7 on the season. Hunter hasn't won a start since improving to .500 on July 18 at Minnesota. Hunter rarely gives Fantasy owners consistent outings and has value only in AL-only leagues. His next scheduled start comes Week 20 (Aug. 13-19) on Friday at Detroit.

VERLANDER After some pedestrian strikeout totals -- for his standards -- during the month of July, Verlander has seemingly regained his command of the strike zone and owns a stellar strikeout-to-walk ratio of 22-to-1 in two starts during August. It's impressive because he posted a 31-to-11 clip over five starts in July, but a return to his dominant self is certainly a welcome sign. Verlander's ERA has remained under 3.00 all season as he's maintained his status as an elite Fantasy option. His next projected start is slated for Friday against Baltimore, and he is 6-2 with a glossy 1.51 ERA at home.*

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Hard to go against Verlander at home, but these teams have identical records and you'd be bat-shit insane laying that kind of juice for any baseball game -- let alone this one.

Ratzz

i totally agree... and plus++.. i think the O's take it!!

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    Verlander IS awesome, but beatable this year. Not impenetrable.
    The Orioles can pass through him if they get going, i am confident. *

i forgot to mention on July 15th, he shut them out in Baltimore*(4-0)
    .. i am sure the O's remember that.

He has lost twice to TB, and once to Cleveland..
    Baltimore is as good as TB, and better than CLE.
    Last edited by Ratzz; 08-17-12 at 01:32 AM. Reason: wrong score

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

I like this angle. Without knowing the exact numbers, i also think verlander doest get much run support. Kinda like most aces

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

kinda interested in how cheaply i can get balty +2.5

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Balty and the under....Tommy "Big game" Hunter will go 6 and a 1/3. He will hand it off to lindstrom, strop, and jim johnson.

Hunter will scatter 8 hits and give up 2 earned.

Verlander will go 7 and give up a 2 run homer to mark reynolds. Phil Coke will come in or Dotel and give up the game winning run

O's win 3-2 and we roll around in all the + money

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by jbart28 View Post
    Balty and the under....Tommy "Big game" Hunter will go 6 and a 1/3. He will hand it off to lindstrom, strop, and jim johnson.

Hunter will scatter 8 hits and give up 2 earned.

Verlander will go 7 and give up a 2 run homer to mark reynolds. Phil Coke will come in or Dotel and give up the game winning run

O's win 3-2 and we roll around in all the + money
    i can see how the UNDER might work as a hedge factor.. Detroit has not been racking up so many Runs lately, and if Verly does shut the O's down, the you get the UNDER to come in... possibility in that approach..*

but i am just going straight, maybe it could happen like it did last night in STL... Arizona shut out entire game until top of 9th, (2 Solo shots) wins the game.. Lohse did a helluva job there, and lost the 'W'...*

O's might jump on Valverde late, for one-or-two, who knows..?*
    Last edited by Ratzz; 08-17-12 at 09:17 AM. Reason: data correction

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I agree the juice is crazy, but the juice is there for a reason seems equally crazy to bet against this team.

Lines of -275 or higher

SU: 163-62 (2.1 rpg) average line: -313 / +259 on / against: -$3,235 / -$160 ROI: -4.6% / -0.7%
    RL: 65-45 (0.8 rpg) average line: -138 / +126 on / against: +$172 / -$727 ROI: +1.1% / -6.6%

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    I agree the juice is crazy, but the juice is there for a reason seems equally crazy to bet against this team.

Lines of -275 or higher

SU: 163-62 (2.1 rpg) average line: -313 / +259 on / against: -$3,235 / -$160 ROI: -4.6% / -0.7%
    RL: 65-45 (0.8 rpg) average line: -138 / +126 on / against: +$172 / -$727 ROI: +1.1% / -6.6%
    very interesting stats, Ronz.. i like it.. will def. keep that in mind.. thanks

Ratzz

a few little cracks in the dam are starting to form.... *

we can see a few droplets starting to come through..

little drips..

Ratzz

helluva drama... i wonder how much the double ejection affected outcome... they were up 3-1 to that point, and then ...

tough to say.. the bet looked good early,. i have no problem with ejections normally except that it began by an Home Plate umpire
    changing the call at 1st base... what does he think is going to happen..? ejecting a manager is bad, ejecting a player in that scenario, i think very steep, now bench coach has to insert a cold player.. that has not been pitched to by Verlander that evening.. (Bottom 5th)

oh well.. i guess when you see a line that fat.. it means avoid it altogether... they don't wanna pay out the underdogs.. and the juice was too much for there to be any fave takers.. so if Det. wins, then no one to payout.

i hope was alone losing on this one.... sure looked good early..

®

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

It was a good call Jed. I had the Tigers TT under 4.5. Sometimes the right calls wind up being the wrong ones.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    It was a good call Jed. I had the Tigers TT under 4.5. Sometimes the right calls wind up being the wrong ones.
    thank you NC... i really felt it was.. i will steer QUITE clear of massive underdogs in the future, lol.... big yes... massively huge ones like tonight's.. i'll just avoid.. for above mentioned reasons..

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Detroit got lucky lol

Ratzz

DETROIT —*Orioles*first baseman*Mark Reynolds*offered no apologies after getting ejected from Friday night’s 5-3 loss to theTigers*at*Comerica Park, only a frustrated sermon on how he believed two controversial calls forced the O’s to battle two difficult foes *– the Tigers and the umpires.Prince Fielder provided the offense for the Tigers, hitting a pair of two-run homers, but Reynolds had bigger issue with the performance of the umpiring crew.
    Reynolds and manager*Buck Showalter*were both ejected in the fifth inning after a close call at first base was overturned by home plate umpire Tim Timmons. In the first inning, Timmons had called*Nick Markakis*out on a play at the plate, when replays showed he clearly beat the tag.
    “I don’t understand how an umpire can miss a play at home plate that’s right in front of him and see that play from home plate at first base,” Reynolds said. “It’s embarrassing that they would overturn a call that obviously has an impact on the game in the middle of the pennant race.”

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    kinda interested in how cheaply i can get balty +2.5
    feel like scrubbies +2.5 could be nice today if price isnt bad.....

tough break ratzz