riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Interesting Conversation on Dodger Radio...

I'll start by saying yes. I was on the Dodgers for 2 units. Regardless I can take a loss when they happen and move on. But this game was really strange...(conspiracy alert!)

Turns out what Kemp yelled when he was thrown out in the 2nd inning was "Let's go Dre!" while Ethier was at the plate. Kemp was instantly ejected. When Mattingly came out to argue the absurd ejection, he was also thrown out. Now look at the calls Bernett was getting on the outside corners; the exact same spots Blanton was NOT getting. 2 completely different strike zones.

On Dodgers radio they were talking about past instances with home plate ump Angel Campos. They noted several games where he had blatant blown calls favoring one side.

I am not one for conspiracy theories. In fact the thought of this past my mind and I just said "nahh" and moved on. But when I got in my car and drove home from work, they were talking about exactly that. Anyone else see this?

BTW - I just googled Angel Campos and this is one of the old posts I found... http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/203762

riffraff24

Oh and don't forget, Blanton was also tossed for yelling at the ump for bad calls. He was already getting pulled however.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

as a gambler I can only hope blown/bad/human error calls are somehow "leveled out" in the end which of course is near impossible but hey its going to happen regardless of the sport... I happened to have Pitt -1.5 @ +170 for a half u so I obviously benefited, obviously the tides can turn on the very next wager I place and be on the bad end of a similar error

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

yea fans love to pay to see kemp have 1 at bat, what a pos

riffraff24

and for yelling "Lets go Dre!"

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    I'll start by saying yes. I was on the Dodgers for 2 units. Regardless I can take a loss when they happen and move on. But this game was really strange...(conspiracy alert!)

Turns out what Kemp yelled when he was thrown out in the 2nd inning was "Let's go Dre!" while Ethier was at the plate. Kemp was instantly ejected. When Mattingly came out to argue the absurd ejection, he was also thrown out. Now look at the calls Bernett was getting on the outside corners; the exact same spots Blanton was NOT getting. 2 completely different strike zones.

On Dodgers radio they were talking about past instances with home plate ump Angel Campos. They noted several games where he had blatant blown calls favoring one side.

I am not one for conspiracy theories. In fact the thought of this past my mind and I just said "nahh" and moved on. But when I got in my car and drove home from work, they were talking about exactly that. Anyone else see this?

BTW - I just googled Angel Campos and this is one of the old posts I found... http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/203762
    87% of Public was on the Pirates was Campos Conspiring against the other 13%?

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    87% of Public was on the Pirates was Campos Conspiring against the other 13%?
    If he did fix the game it doesnt matter who the public was on. The only thing that would matter is who his camp was on.

Besides...What is the $ amount between that 13% vs 87%?

takzilla
    ftw ftw
    takzilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2257

If I was throwing a game, I'd be on the home team. less public scrutiny. almost a more 'understanding' environment for blown calls.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by takzilla View Post
    If I was throwing a game, I'd be on the home team. less public scrutiny. almost a more 'understanding' environment for blown calls.
    yup...And the favorite

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

I was on lilBlue