starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Can my Dodgers keep beating Pit?
    Cuz my homer a$$ is leaning lilBlue

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Yup! But i'm a homer too so that doesnt fukkin help lol. No but really. Why lay off a hot team and back a struggling team? Doyers sweep

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Beat me to the punch by a sec. I just started one of these.

starfire

I'm scared of Cy BumNett

starfire

Oh well gonna sleep on it, & watch the line movement ...

Note: Lad +115 10:18 pm
    Last edited by starfire; 08-16-12 at 12:32 AM.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Pitt -1.5 @ +175

riffraff24

Already got them at +118

jbart28
    MAGA KAG
    jbart28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

Let's keep it simple. Blat ass Blanton has good numbers against the pirates. Neil Walker may not play either.
    Dodgers are hitting and have a better lineup.

Take the yankees and play both the dodgers and yankees at even money. Have a nice day

$100.00 $118.00 Pending 8/16/12 4:05pm Reduced Baseball 951 Los Angeles Dodgers +118* vs Pittsburgh Pirates (J Blanton - R must Start A Burnett - R must Start)
    8/16/12 2:15am $118.00 $100.00 Pending 8/16/12 1:05pm Reduced Baseball 964 New York Yankees -118* vs Texas Rangers (D Holland - L must Start I Nova - R must Start)

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

You guys are actually thinking about backing blanton. wow
    LA may win but they will have to score atleast a dozen runs today.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

i have a hard time believing Burnett can be the guy a team in a playoff race looks to to be a big time stopper, unlike when he joined on with pit with no expectations he is now all a sudden back to pitching under pressure so hard not to think the aj of old that always has a terrible inning doesnt start showing up..

ridims, Blantons advanced stats for the last several years have been very good. im the 1st to say at times those can be very misleading but admittedly i dont watch him very often so gotta go by the numbers and by the numbers he is more than solid...

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

honestly i'm torn between nova ml and lad +1 but i think pit gets up for tonight and scweeks out a w

Mantle7
    Death Stare
    Mantle7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

It's a toss up. Burnett just got ROCKED by the Padres and theyre no where near the level the Dodgers are playing on. Blanton is just a vet that knows how to pitch and finds ways to win. I would like to see Burnett lose another before I start fading him but this is a good price so I'll go small on it. Yankees tomorrow is gold. I'll be going heavier on that.

ridims

blantons best years were with the A's. even then he wasn't great. had some good games but not consistent. he is trash now. I wouldn't even have him on my triple A team.
    He needs to keep eating cheeseburgers and hang out on sbrforum with us a$$holes.

ridims

Quote Originally Posted by Mantle7 View Post
    It's a toss up. Burnett just got ROCKED by the Padres and theyre no where near the level the Dodgers are playing on. Blanton is just a vet that knows how to pitch and finds ways to win. I would like to see Burnett lose another before I start fading him but this is a good price so I'll go small on it. Yankees tomorrow is gold. I'll be going heavier on that.
    and burnett isn't a vet?

come on man. don't talk BS. Burnett has proven he can come back and pitch a great game, his numbers are miles better then Blanton in his career and has more years of experience... LAD is on a heater ATM but if they stop putting up more then 8 runs a game he will keep losing.
    burnett is having a great year. don't think he won't come back with a great performance today.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    blantons best years were with the A's. even then he wasn't great. had some good games but not consistent. he is trash now. I wouldn't even have him on my triple A team.
    He needs to keep eating cheeseburgers and hang out on sbrforum with us a$$holes.
    so you dont give advanced stats much weight? as i said i know at times i feel metrics can be overused and also deceiving but Blantons advanced shit says he a very solid pitcher for some reason, of coarse i can give lots of examples both ways where metrics are way off.. just havnt watched Blanton enough in recent years to know if this a case of metrics playing tricks...

2daBank

for whatever reason im leaning under 7.5 pretty strongly here, which sux cause it not only scary but i really wasnt planning on even touching this gm, running late for work and you damn degens have me considering another play!! lol

starfire

Now lad +120

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    You guys are actually thinking about backing blanton. wow
    LA may win but they will have to score atleast a dozen runs today.
    You realize Dodgers hitters are hitting better against Barnett than the Pirates are hitting vs Blanton right? Not sure why this is so hard to grasp