BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Phil Garner....give me a break!

8 years in Milwaukee....1 winning season

2 years in Detroit....0 winning seasons

Third year in Detroit...fired after an 0-6 start!

My two favorite teams!

Not really sure how many chances you are suppose to get when you have 1 winning season in 10+ years...but looks like he made the most of it!

Man...it's crazy people in NY were calling for Joe Torree to be fired too because of a slow start...great managers like Torree rarely come along.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was thinking the same thing BB! As usual, you hit the nail on the head. It seems that everybody gets good AFTER they leave Milwaukee. The Brew Crew is my National League team and I think they're on the verge of something great right now if they can keep their core together.

As a die hard Yankees fan, Steinbrenner doesn't have the support or the cajones to fire Torre. When Joe leaves, it will be his decision, not a decision by The Boss. Got some bad news today when we lost Girardi and Mazzone gave us the thumbs down. With a bullpen and a centerfielder, we'll be back in the playoffs in 2006 loaded for bear!

Senator 7

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe this is the year he gets it done...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

you gotta be a good manager if you were a MLB manager for 10 years. because, a managers life span is like 3 years.