SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Tigers +146 vs. Yankss

Tigers +146 vs. Yankees

Game Time: 10/6/2006 8:09:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

The home team has the advantage tonight when the Tigers host the Yankees in Game 3 of their ALDS.

On Thursday the Detroit Tigers evened this series 1-1, beating Mike Mussina and the New York 4-3 in Yankees Stadium. Tonight, they return home with a chance to go up 2-1 and we like their chances and a fat underdog price.

Yankees pitcher Randy Johnson hasn't made a start since September 23 due to a bad back that he is still experiencing problems with. We have to remember that this is not the Randy Johnson that we are used to. He is 43-years-old, had an ERA of 5.00 this season and allowed an opponent's batting average of .348 with runners in scoring position. As far as current form, he has allowed at least four earned runs in six of his last seven starts.

Tigers' starter Kenny Rogers had a fantastic season, going 17-8 with an ERA of 3.84. At home, his numbers are even better: 7-3, 3.26 ERA. We believe that the Tigers have a tremendous pitching advantage in this matchup and are at home off a series saving win. The play is on Detroit.

Play: Tigers +146

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I would like the Tigers at that price if not for the fact that Rogers absolutely sucks a fat one in the playoffs to the tune of 0-3 with an 8.85 era in 9 app (5 starts), not to mention his career troubles against the Yanks in general.

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I would like the Tigers at that price if not for the fact that Rogers absolutely sucks a fat one in the playoffs to the tune of 0-3 with an 8.85 era in 9 app (5 starts), not to mention his career troubles against the Yanks in general.
    OWNED
    That is the exact reason I am looking at the over 9.5 today. I think the Yankees will hang 6 or 7 on him today.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    OWNED
    That is the exact reason I am looking at the over 9.5 today. I think the Yankees will hang 6 or 7 on him today.
    That was what I was looking at as well last night, but something doesn't feel right at all about that line to me. I'm still pondering how I'm going to play this one.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the Yanks behind the Big Unit is the only way i would bet this game...

Rezzy
    Rezzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tigers put up runs with Rogers on the mound and Yanks put up runs on Rogers.

I like the over and yankees -1.5

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by begolf25
    OWNED
    agreed. Rogers doesn't have the speed to overpower the yanks big bats, like yanks tt at over 5.5...still pondering whether to bet game over, just not sure what Big Unit will bring.