Big_Slim
    Big_Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 410

MLB is a moneypit!!!!

Baseball is nothing more than a bottomless pit made for throwing money into....Even if you do win a few games you will still be down overall

Tomorrow will be my last day betting on baseball...Thank God for preseason football Thursday!

Now I see why my local stop taking action on baseball...sooner or later people will realize just as I did its a MONEYPIT and will stop betting on it....therefore, making it not worth the hassle for many locals who do take MLB action

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

what did you think it was? free money? it's either one or the other and how many bookies do you hear of that lose their houses booking bets?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Youre on the Angels arent ya?

edit: You probably took the Yanks too???

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

baseball is by far, the easiest sport to win

bookies afraid to take action from high rollers and sharps, good luck on the NFL, you will need it

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    what did you think it was? free money? it's either one or the other and how many bookies do you hear of that lose their houses booking bets?
    Yea I know...I'm just saying the way things are done in baseball seems as if its design to lose money for bettors....I could be wrong or just bitter....however, I know you will never see 50 different quarterbacks in the NFL....I'm just saying

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Youre on the Angels arent ya?

edit: You probably took the Yanks too???
    Angels and Braves!!!....Not to mention the countless loser nights in the past!!!

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

hockey and baseball are very unpredictable sports. Tough to beat them over the long haul, unless you're like a lot of SBR posters who rarely lose a bet.

lunchbawks
    NB#

if you cant beat mlb you shouldn't be betting on sports

2000 games and you cant turn a profit??

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah but the flip side of that coin is out of so many games how do you know when a team will mail it in for the night? All gambling can be frustrated but I do miss football and even basketball. Baseball was good for awhile but nothing but a fukking nightmare lately!

FindTheLock

Some of the most confident posters are the best ones to fade.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah but the flip side of that coin is out of so many games how do you know when a team will mail it in for the night? All gambling can be frustrated but I do miss football and even basketball. Baseball was good for awhile but nothing but a fukking nightmare lately!
    baseball players are fkking lazy assholes this is true

they never charge the catchers anymore, they stop in their tracks to get tagged

anything to avoid an injury, even if means costing their team the game

still 2000 games and can't find an edge thats just sad

nic9212
    nic9212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2551

I took angels, Yanks , and white socks

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Just cashed Astros +1.5 +110.

:an dance:

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Lunchbawks I am just frustrated after some bad beats lately. I am not some idiot who takes the -180 faves every night and whines but even when doing your homework and making the "right" picks and you get sh*t on repeatedly it is frustrating. I took the obvious ov in Boston tonight and Lester/Dumpster have a pitching dual thru 6, Seattle blew a cozy lead, and the Tribe fukked my un 9.5 in the 9th, and Bruce Chen gives up only 2 runs to blow my Royals/Sox ov 9....what are the fukkin odds?!?!?!

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Lunchbawks I am just frustrated after some bad beats lately. I am not some idiot who takes the -180 faves every night and whines but even when doing your homework and making the "right" picks and you get sh*t on repeatedly it is frustrating. I took the obvious ov in Boston tonight and Lester/Dumpster have a pitching dual thru 6, Seattle blew a cozy lead, and the Tribe fukked my un 9.5 in the 9th, and Bruce Chen gives up only 2 runs to blow my Royals/Sox ov 9....what are the fukkin odds?!?!?!
    ofcourse u will have bad nights. the good nights will make up for it...(if u have any talent whatsoever)

imzdeals
    imzdeals's Avatar Become A Pro!

just fade astros everyday and nothing else

Awesome-O
    Awesome-O's Avatar Become A Pro!

MLB was tough for me...last 2 seasons I lost units overall...finally getting better this season has been profitable. I will agree that I'm looking forward to NFL and hopefully my 3rd profitable season in a row.

lunchbawks
    NB#

Quote Originally Posted by imzdeals View Post
    just fade astros everyday and nothing else
    fade cleveland u make more money

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    hockey and baseball are very unpredictable sports. Tough to beat them over the long haul, unless you're like a lot of SBR posters who rarely lose a bet.
    as weird as it may sound....to me, the unpredictability each day makes it easier to win over the long haul if you stick to dogs. I'm terrible at sports with spreads

FindTheLock

Quote Originally Posted by samgurt View Post
    as weird as it may sound....to me, the unpredictability each day makes it easier to win over the long haul if you stick to dogs. I'm terrible at sports with spreads
    Hey if you can beat it then more power to you! I am not someone who enjoys baseball very much, and I have terrible luck picking a winner on a consistent basis in baseball.

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

I have been getting my azz waxed in mlb latly. 5 losing days in a row. Seems like every game i took blew a save or lost all of them in extra innings. I cant even see the lines clearly anymore. Noyhing makes sense lol! Fu$$&@&$ck MLB. Even tried tailing and got creamed. Seems like who ever i tailed that was their only losing night!!! Wtf

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I had the Mariners tonight... 3 times in the past 5 days I have been on the wrong side of a team blowing a 5 run lead.... tough these days

ebelisle22
    ebelisle22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    simply not true, hockey and football are the easiest to cap. maybe its because you dont know enough about hockey that u say this as baseball i can agree with is very hard to cap but i came into capping with little knowledge of baseball in general and i think its prob ur lack of knowledge for hockey as well

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    if you cant beat mlb you shouldn't be betting on sports

2000 games and you cant turn a profit??
    This is as far from the TRUTH as Pluto is from Earth!!!.....Its a known fact the more you bet the more you will lose, not just in baseball, in any sport! Bookies ALWAYS have the house advantage there is no way around that!

Also, the posters on SBR claiming their win percentage is 80% etc. etc. can be true! For example, out of all the MLB games that are played in a season, I say to myself that I'm only going to play 10 games the whole season. If I hit 8 out those 10 games that is a 80% win percentage. Or lets say I'm only going to play 3 games the whole season, I hit all 3 games at the end of the season I have a 100% win percentage!

See where I'm going here???....so if you have been killing MLB CONGRATS!!!...However, its different strokes for different folks....I made a killing in NFL last year and hope to do the same this year!

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

well dont forget to post your nfl picks slim..nah call it as u see..if mlb not for u thats fine..your probably one of the few straight shooters here.

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by shimeon40 View Post
    well dont forget to post your nfl picks slim..nah call it as u see..if mlb not for u thats fine..your probably one of the few straight shooters here.
    Thanks Shime!...I will be on preseason games with caution and I advise anyone else betting them to do so too for the obvious reasons....starting Sept 5. I will post my picks EVERY night there is a NFL or college football game!....Tail if you like!

shimeon40
    shimeon40's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah will do slim..thanks for that.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

I'm up pretty big on the year betting bases and smaller profit but higher ROI on daily fantasy baseball. Just takes a lot of work, discipline and patience to ride out the losing streaks. It's a long season which makes it a grind but it's a profitable grind.

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Slim View Post
    Angels and Braves!!!....Not to mention the countless loser nights in the past!!!

I tried to tell you lay off the Bravos especially when they have had a streak going and playing their biggest rival...I feel the same way about baseball. Its killing my bank roll for football! Thursday is going to be much more "gooder" Good luck big slim!

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by tmgissy View Post
    I tried to tell you lay off the Bravos especially when they have had a streak going and playing their biggest rival...I feel the same way about baseball. Its killing my bank roll for football! Thursday is going to be much more "gooder" Good luck big slim!
    Yea you did tell be to lay off but I thought they had 1 more win in them...guess not!!!....anyway thanks gissy!

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    fade cleveland u make more money
    everyone who thinks brainless fading works is not sharp and loses like the rest, so why don't you take a nice dose of stfu

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Big_Slim...I've noticed you've been really down on yourself in baseball wagering all over the forum. One piece of advice I can give you is that if you are not making plays with confidence, you will have a hard time winning. You need to put your losses behind you and come back strong brother. Hang in there.

Big_Slim

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Big_Slim...I've noticed you've been really down on yourself in baseball wagering all over the forum. One piece of advice I can give you is that if you are not making plays with confidence, you will have a hard time winning. You need to put your losses behind you and come back strong brother. Hang in there.
    Thanks riff!!!....Will do...always appreciate advise and motivation from a fellow capper!

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Oficially done with. Mlb today. Had 2k on the reds for tge brewers to come back in the 8th ...again. If anyone wants to fade also have pending...
    Wash
    Whitesox
    Dogers

I guranntee you will win

venture
    venture's Avatar Become A Pro!

YTD 219-230 48.8% +62.44 units. Its not about the winning % in MLB

12 Last