Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Wednesday MLB Handicapper Report - 8/8

Early Wednesday MLB Info

-Pirates SP Kevin Correia has won a career-high six straight decisions, while going 4-0 in his last five home starts

-Mariners SP Kevin Millwood is 4-2 with a 4.71 ERA in six road starts against the Orioles
    -Twins starting pitcher Brian Duensing is 2-0 with a 0.90 ERA in four games (one start) against the Indians this year
    -Cubs SP Jeff Samardzija is 2-0 with a 2.89 ERA in three games (one start) against the Padres (9.1 IP)
    -Orioles SP Tommy Hunter is 3-3 with a 2.28 ERA in eight career games (seven starts) versus the Mariners
    -Rangers SP Matt Harrison is 3-1 with a 6.10 ERA in seven games (five starts) against the Red Sox, third-highest ERA against any opponent
    -Royals SP Jeremy Guthrie is 2-3 with a 4.28 ERA in five outings at U.S. Cellular Field, with both wins coming in 2009
    -DBacks SP Ian Kennedy is 3-3 with a 2.25 ERA in three career starts versus the Pirates
    -White Sox SP Jose Quintana has yet to record a decision in four starts since the All-Star break (4.44 ERA)
    -Yankees SP CC Sabathia is 1-4 with a 6.75 ERA in his last six starts at Comerica Park (including the postseason)
    -Red Sox SP Josh Beckett is 0-2 with a 6.66 ERA in four starts against the Rangers at Fenway Park
    -Giants SP Ryan Vogelsong is 0-4 with a 9.00 ERA in five starts versus the Cardinals

Make sure to get ready for this week's NFL preseason action

Jeff Grant

Minnesota Twins
    -Won seven in a row against the Indians (26-20 since 2010)
    -Gone 13-12 since the All-Star break, leading baseball with a .290 batting average
    -The last time the Twins swept a three-game series in Cleveland was 1991
    -Hitting .294 and pitching to a 3.17 ERA in producing a 5-1 record on its current road trip
    -SP Brian Duensing is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA in seven games (three starts) in Cleveland

Cincinnati Reds
    -Own the best mark in baseball (19-6) since the All-Star break
    -Pitching staff has not issued a walk in 22.2 innings, while the pitching staff has the second-best ERA (3.19) on the road (Nationals, 3.12)
    -SP Mat Latos is 5-1 with a 2.13 ERA in his last eight starts
    -Latos is 1-2 with a 3.05 ERA in three career starts versus the Brewers

Jeff Grant

On my way to Del Mar - playing Jay Bruce to have more total bases than Ryan Braun

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3401

you mentioned Del Mar - do you live in San Diego? (I live there)

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by briedward View Post
    you mentioned Del Mar - do you live in San Diego? (I live there)
    From Dana Point - ran the Del Mar press box in 2004 - been coming here for 14 years now

JMon
    I'd be a lot cooler if you did.
    JMon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10742

Jeff what are your thoughts on Steve Johnson, Balt tonight? I got some angles for Balt tonight but unsure about this guy..Thanks

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by JMon View Post
    Jeff what are your thoughts on Steve Johnson, Balt tonight? I got some angles for Balt tonight but unsure about this guy..Thanks
    Don't have a good feel on that game - Johnson had great numbers in the minors against right-handed batters (.145 average)