Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Big Game at the GABP on Saturday Night (Pirates vs. Reds)

I'll make this prediction right now - if the Cincinnati Reds pick up a victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday night - they will finish above them in the final NL Central standings:

• Pittsburgh All-Star outfielder Andrew McCutchen was nailed by a 101-mph fastball by Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman on Friday night - saying this after the game, "It just pumped us up, and that's the feeling we're going to take on the field Saturday."
    • The Pirates are 15-2 on Saturdays this year, winning their last eight in that situation
    • The Pirates are 8-3 in their last 11 games at this ballpark
    • SP James McDonald is 4-0 with a 1.41 ERA in his last six outings against the Reds, and he will not have to face Reds 1B Joey Votto (7 for 22 against him)
    • Reds SP Mike Leake is 1-4 with a 6.04 ERA in 11 home starts, allowing 11 HRs in 56.2 combined frames, which doesn't match up well against a Pirates team that leads the NL in round trippers on the road (75)

These two pitchers faced off with umpire Brian Gorman behind the plate in July of last year, with the Pirates coming away with a 1-0 home victory

It's safe to say I'll take the underdog in what should be one of the most contentious regular-season baseball games this year

Jeff Grant

Just wanted to let you guys know that I played K.T. Kim over Rafael Cabrera Bello in the third round of the WGC today

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

So your saying McDonald pitches well tonight?

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Nice analysis, Jeff. McCutchen and crew WILL be out for blood tonight. However, McDonald has been pretty awful in his recent outings and I'm not sure what he'll bring to the mound.

Also, the Reds know the edge they'll gain in the standings as well as how they can mentally hurt the Bucs if they take the series. Lean on Bucs but no play for me. BOL.

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    Nice analysis, Jeff. McCutchen and crew WILL be out for blood tonight. However, McDonald has been pretty awful in his recent outings and I'm not sure what he'll bring to the mound.

Also, the Reds know the edge they'll gain in the standings as well as how they can mentally hurt the Bucs if they take the series. Lean on Bucs but no play for me. BOL.
    Understood - good luck tonight