stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32319

Fun fact about the day games played today.

There were six day games, five of them had a first inning run scored.

That and Phil Hughes got 12 more runs support again today.
    Every time the sucker starts he gets double digits in run support.
    The guy must have a horseshoe up his ass or something.
    2010 he won 18 games with 9.60 in run support a game. Look it up, he made 31 starts, Yankees got almost 300 runs for him, he got 9.6 runs a game, every game in 2010. I don't even remembering a qualified starter ever get over 8 runs a game per average in run support, no less 9.6

Last week the Yankees scored 10 for him against the O's, today 12 runs New York scored for him.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Phil Hughes is gonna bury us in the playoffs, Nash.

stevenash

^
    I am the biggest NYY homer in the business, I can't stand Hughes, you can't teach him crap because he thinks he knows it all, told Guidry pretty much in spring training four years ago, "never heard of ya pal", advance scouts say Hughes has the crappiest work ethics in the game, remember when he broke down at the end of April last year with "tired arms syndrome" ? What 25 year old professional stater breaks down with tired arm syndrome 30 days into the season?

PRIMO99
    when Primo speaks ALL LISTEN !
    PRIMO99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

i noticed

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2356

yanks can put them up on bunches. How much playing time is Casey m gehee gonna get?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    I am the biggest NYY homer in the business, I can't stand Hughes, you can't teach him crap because he thinks he knows it all, told Guidry pretty much in spring training four years ago, "never heard of ya pal", advance scouts say Hughes has the crappiest work ethics in the game, remember when he broke down at the end of April last year with "tired arms syndrome" ? What 25 year old professional stater breaks down with tired arm syndrome 30 days into the season?
    I can't stand that fvcking guy either nash.

f\*\*k him.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    yanks can put them up on bunches. How much playing time is Casey m gehee gonna get?
    Spot starts galore, plus he'll be a first look come pinch hitter time, Casey plays the corner infield, Tex's hand is barking, A-Rod's wrist is barking, so when Casey is not spelling those two, he'll be Joe's seventh inning right handed bat off the bench when the other manager brings in a southpaw.

I like the pickup, NYY gave up a dime a dozen middle reliever, even though Casey is not hitting his weight this year, he's two years removed from that monster 23-104 .285 season he put up for the Brewers, and he's only 29.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Nasher > 90% of the shit you'll read on espn

Imagine if he didn't waste so much time playing hoops and soccer

stevenash

Who just saw Miggy's bomb?

Remember Stanton's scoreboard bomb?
    Miggys monster shot made that look like a pop up, rawhide almost landed on the Mass 'pike for the love of God.
    Murdered a hanging breaking ball from Cook that did anything but break. Miggy saw that thing like a beach ball, he was drooling.
    Prince goes back to back as I write this, Tigers are making Cook their own personal meat puppet.

stevenash

That and Phil Hughes got 12 more runs support again today.
    Every time the sucker starts he gets double digits in run support.
    The guy must have a horseshoe up his ass or something.
    2010 he won 18 games with 9.60 in run support a game. Look it up, he made 31 starts, Yankees got almost 300 runs for him, he got 9.6 runs a game, every game in 2010. I don't even remembering a qualified starter ever get over 8 runs a game per average in run support, no less 9.6

Last week the Yankees scored 10 for him against the O's, today 12 runs New York scored for him.
    And the NYY spot him a 2-0 lead, and what's the PoS do? Spits it up like a baby on formula.
    Anybody can look good getting 198 runs a game, give him a 2 spot, and say "here kid, hold it, what does Hughes do?
    Gag, that's what.
    Most overhyped, overrated starter this decade.

stevenash

^

New York Yankees
    Pitchers IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
    P Hughes 4.0 9 7 7 1 4 1 80-52 4.44
    R Igarashi 1.0 3 3 3 1 1 0 28-18 24.00
    Totals 5.0 12 10 10 2 5 1 108-70