WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Bucs may have gotten the yanks again

I'd rather have Qualls with the addition of Sanchez now. Neither team jumping for joy though

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

Not bad

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Neither team jumping for joy though
    Shit for Shit

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Think pirates gm just wanted to make some noise and re arrange some small furniture so fans can't say they aren't "trying" this year.

Pirates still got eyes on 2014 and aren't trading top prospects for rentals in this market.

I think ray Searage has worked miracles with our current vets, especially AJ and Grill, maybe he has some more magic with qualls

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I'm just thankful that little was given up

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

I think mcgehee can still be a solid big leaguer in situation and build on his 2010 performance finally.

EASY_MONEY72
    2001 WS OF POKER CHAMPION
    EASY_MONEY72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Bottom line: pirates have gotten a guy that was an all star last year and solid the year before ( gabby Sanchez) - a proven starter that has an era of less than 4 In most seasons ( wandy)
    A possible future star ( snider) for a pitcher who had been good for only about 2 months of his pro career...

And quallis for a guy that hasn't produced In a year and a half ( and wasn't doing much this year)

They certainly are better now than they were before the trade deadline. And they gave up shit to do it
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Qualls is garbage, the phils had him earlier this year.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

mcgahee was expendable with other moves, qualls hasnt been good for years and pen is deep anyways.

chi is right it feels like rearranging furniture and saying u did an extreme makeover.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by EASY_MONEY72 View Post
    Bottom line: pirates have gotten a guy that was an all star last year and solid the year before ( gabby Sanchez) - a proven starter that has an era of less than 4 In most seasons ( wandy)
    A possible future star ( snider) for a pitcher who had been good for only about 2 months of his pro career...

And quallis for a guy that hasn't produced In a year and a half ( and wasn't doing much this year)

They certainly are better now than they were before the trade deadline. And they gave up shit to do it
    Good points. Gross an stung to me IMO. When he is on he projects as a very good a
    player with an interesting combo of skills. Pirates have no OBP machine like hi
    m. We do have a lot of OF talent though so its fine. First Round draft pick stings a little too. We'll see

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by EASY_MONEY72 View Post

Pretty rosy outlook! See you in March for Spring Training.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Gotta hope snider and gabby improve with the change of scenery, sometimes that's all you need

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Qualls will blow an important game, guaranteed.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    They don't have to use him in crucial spots

hundredbombs
    hundredbombs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 952

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Qualls will blow many games. Bring him in and lose the game.

EASY_MONEY72
    2001 WS OF POKER CHAMPION
    EASY_MONEY72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

I'm not a pirates fan for those thinking I am "painting a rosy outlook". If morons can't see the forest for the trees in these moves 1 that's their problem. Pirates gave up little (Lincoln is the best player they lost and he has only been good for a few months &very bad last year) for a lot of possible upside in wandy, Sanchez, and snider.

I will take my chances on a proven pitcher; a guy that has been an all star, and another guy that is a possible future stud for what they gave up any day.
    They gave up nothing for three guys with a ton of potential ( some of which is all ready proven potential)

The fact that I have to explain that to a bunch of people who probably lose their asses every day on bad wagers though doesn't surprise me.