moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

No resolution: Girardi fired

I guess he's going to Chicago now to coach those miserable Flubs. Sucks for the Fish, thought they had something real special brewing there. Not all managers can connect with youngsters like Girardi seemed to do, but with their young arms, they should be fine unless they bring in Dusty

MIAMI (AP) -- Florida Marlins manager Joe Girardi was fired Tuesday, a move that had been expected after his rift with owner Jeffrey Loria boiled over in an on-field confrontation two months ago.

Girardi lost his job even though he's considered a strong candidate for NL manager of the year. The Marlins had baseball's youngest team and lowest payroll at $15 million, but Girardi led them to a 78-84 record, and they were in contention for a playoff berth until a late-September fade.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will he be the next Cubs manager??

Yes-200
    No+180

BigD
    BigD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1863

I think he would be agreat fit fir the Cubs to get them back on track

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This has to be the bonehead move of the year in MLB. I know he has had issues with the fish owner, but you don't fire a guy that just preformed a miracle like Girardi just did.

He will be your next Cubs manager.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

He sure did a heluva job. BIG mistake by the Marlins - there's no way they will be that competitive with that team next season.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

All the buzz around here is that the Cubs will pick him up, but you never know for with the Tribune Company.