easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

7/30 alot to like with the red sox @ home

Bucholz getting back in form and had back to back quality starts while Scherzer has given signals in his last two starts that he is due for a bad start. The thing he has going for him are the strikeouts however he has walked 4 in each of his last 2 games. This game is a disaster waiting to happen for Scherzer and I think Boston hitters will be all over him.

Thurgood
    Thurgood's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 274

Just took BOS at -120. I was leaning towards the under 9.5 but picking an under at Fenway is fairly hard. Hitters ballpark where 1 walk and 1 HR can easily destroy an under bet.

I have both teams giving up approx 4 runs, which is why the under looked good but ML felt better because DET can't get runs right now and BOS hits fairly well vs Scherzer.

BOL!

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

im cautious with this one. scherzer has pitched a LOT better than his 4.50 ERA and i expect that to come down eventually. clay has been great lately though

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by taxe91 View Post
    im cautious with this one. scherzer has pitched a LOT better than his 4.50 ERA and i expect that to come down eventually. clay has been great lately though
    I agree. This could be a low scoring 1-2 game but I give the edge to BOS with better bats. I would not be surprised to see BOS ML move to -135 by game time.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by Thurgood View Post
    I agree. This could be a low scoring 1-2 game but I give the edge to BOS with better bats. I would not be surprised to see BOS ML move to -135 by game time.
    Take Papi out of the lineup Detroit actually has the better offense.

Even with Papi, who is not playing, the offenses are pretty much equal.

Boston has edge in runs scored, Detroit has a better team batting average, Boston has more team home runs, take out Papi, replace him with either one of the two kids, the two teams are equal. Detroit gets on base more than Detroit, and so on. The two teams are equal.
    Take Papi out, and he is, Detroit has the better line up.

Prince and Miggy at third are lethal, better than Middlebrook and Gonzo. Avila and Salty are a push behind the plate, A-Jax and Ells are petty much a wash, Pedroia is better at second than Infante, Edge to Boston in the corner outfield department. Delmon Young is not Papi at DH, but he's a better option than what option Boston will go with it.

Offenses are pretty much equal, and one could argue, Prince and Miggy in the line up, Papi out of the lineup, Detroit has the edge hitting.

Both pitchers have ERA's in the fours, both pitchers WH/IP ratio's are pretty much even up, both pitchers are strike out artists, with Max having the edge there, Max is a ten game winner, Clay eight game winner.

Both starters are both coming off a quality, impressive starts.

Detroit will feature a slightly better line up tonight, Detroit will feature the slightly better starter tonight, here's something NOT to ignore.

Tiger bullpen is fresh as a daisy, Fister went 8 yesterday, Valverde is available and his 1-2-3 ninth inning save was nothing.

Red Sox bull pen, had to use Miller for 1 + innings last night, and Aceves for two innings.

Big, BIG edge to Tiger bull pen tonight.

Tigers + money is the play

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

Boston has edge in runs scored, Detroit has a better team batting average, Boston has more team home runs, take out Papi, replace him with either one of the two kids, the two teams are equal. Detroit gets on base more than Detroit, and so on. The two teams are equal.

Prince and Miggy at third are lethal, better than Middlebrook and Gonzo. Avila and Salty are a push behind the plate, A-Jax and Ells are petty much a wash, Pedroia is better at second than Infante, Edge to Boston in the corner outfield department. Delmon Young is not Papi at DH, but he's a better option than what option Boston will go with it.

Offenses are pretty much equal, and one could argue, Prince and Miggy in the line up, Papi out of the lineup, Detroit has the edge hitting.

Both pitchers have ERA's in the fours, both pitchers WH/IP ratio's are pretty much even up, both pitchers are strike out artists, with Max having the edge there, Max is a ten game winner, Clay eight game winner.

Detroit will feature a slightly better line up tonight, Detroit will feature the slightly better starter tonight, here's something NOT to ignore.

Tiger bullpen is fresh as a daisy, Fister went 8 yesterday, Valverde is available and his 1-2-3 ninth inning save was nothing.

Red Sox bull pen, had to use Miller for 1 + innings last night, and Aceves for two innings.

Dang you stevenash! Always jinxing my plays lol

Boston is the play. Detroit might have a better overall batting average but bats are really slumping right now and this is huge. If run producing did not slump, teams like the Yankees would win every game. Tiger bats were shut down in Toronto by Alvarez.. Not like he's a scrub but he ain't an ace either..

I guess the most important angle here was the batting avg Boston had vs Scherzer - not good at all

Boston for the WIN.

Thurgood

Seems DET ML is getting pounded. BOS down to -110 from -120 BUT and this is a big but, DET RL is -200. What does this mean? Close game and in a close game I'll take the home side and Boston at Fenway any day.

Thurgood

Bottom of the 2nd. Boston up 2-1

Thurgood

Not really one to gloat but it feels good when the math falls your way

Got TB/OAK under 24 H+R+E

2-0 but looking to go 3-0!!!
    Last edited by Thurgood; 07-30-12 at 09:18 PM.

Thurgood

How sweet if Griffin throws a no-hitter!

Thurgood

TB/OAK umpire calling too many balls in the strike zone

Thurgood

Wtf man, this umpire for the TB/OAK game is blind. Sooo many strikes being called balls.

easyliving

cash it baby

Thurgood

Not really one to gloat but it feels good when the math falls your way

Got TB/OAK under 24 H+R+E

2-0 but looking to go 3-0!!!
    Hmm.. I wonder my chances to hit this right now. In extra innings right now.

easyliving

Hmm.. I wonder my chances to hit this right now. In extra innings right now.
    lets hope for a solo homerun that ends the game

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call on this game man

Thurgood

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    lets hope for a solo homerun that ends the game
    Still hoping in the Bottom of the 12th

Thurgood

Win or lose, for a prop bet, which I don't play often, the under 24 was sharp.

This umpire really had a small strike zone and screwed me a little and then they had 2 errors..

There goes a wasted hit. Top of the 13th inning.

Thurgood

Anyone watching the TB/OAK game.. Current H+R+E total is 21.. On the under 24 in extra innings

Thurgood

I got this feeling BJ Upton is going to screw me here..

Thurgood

Strikeout Upton! Geez, at what point do the pitchers and umpires just get tired and lay out a ball right over the zone or the ump starts calling really bad calls..

I also wonder how many people are actually up waiting for this bet to hit or miss..

Thurgood

Top of the 14th.. I always pick these games that break records

Thurgood

There goes that bet.. Oh well still 2-1 for the day

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post

damn just when i start to give up on SBR due to some of the clowns that post here, stevenash drops a spot on analysis. regardless of the result of the game, just about everything in this post was correct