Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riots Picks 5/13/09 Day 3 up 2.2 units

Well day two was a success, hopefully it was the first of many. For everbody except the 11 people who read my picks yesterday, heres how it all went down !

Mariners + 130 FAIL (-1 credit)- Excuses are like @ssholes, everybody has one and the Mariners have one who goes by the name of Mark Lowe. Everything was going to plan till he hopped on the mound.

Giants Vs Nationals o8 SUCCESS ( +2.5 credits) As predicted the bullpens pitched like a tommy john rehab session and you worried early and relaxed late.

Cubs -152 SUCCESS (+1.3 credits) Sure the price is a bit steep, but the trends paid out as they tend to do.

Overall : 3-2 (+2.2 units)

Todays Picks :

Cubs -155 (2 units)
    Let it Ride ! Cubs are looking up, Padres not so much. I like this bet , Cubs are 8-0 in their last 8 games vs. a starter with a WHIP greater than 1.30 (Young has a 1.44 WHIP) Young is also 3-12 vs teams with a winnign record while the Cubs are 6-0 in their last 6 as the favorite. Nothings impossible, but a padres win is pretty improbable.

Kansas City Royals -110 (2 units)
    Close game, but i like the Royals edge. Royals are 5-0 in Bannisters last 5 starts. Hes bound to cost them one sooner or later right ? Yes, but is it really gonna come to the Athletics who are 2-5 in Outmans last 7 starts. Both bullpens are nice, both are rested, slight edge to the royals bullpen tho.

Giants -1 1/2 +145 (2 units)
    There is nothing i like more then watching a pitcher who Rocks at home (Zito 5-1 in last 6 at home) vs a pitcher who Sucks on the road (Martis 1-4 in last 5 on the road). 2 depleted bullpens should provide some nice added runs in the end, but i feel san fran gets up early and rides the wave to a 3 or 4 run win. (if you dont feel comfortable, then just take the moneyline )

Well thats what im looking at today, let me know what ya think, im still kinda new at this.

Vince Carter
    Vince Carter's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol why are you just looking at pitching matchups?

and martis is a much better pitcher than you make him out to be

Riot
    Riot's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are right Mr. Carter , and i feel like Martis is decent pitcher, but short of that complete game he had, hes only good for 5 maybe 6 innings, then he has to turn the ball over to that bullpen which isnt to reliable. As for the pitching , i really nailed that today, i think most games are decided by the bullpen, but i do want to look more at how teams are swinging the bat, my time is limited to an extent. Should i develop losing patterns then i will alot more time in my day to pick apart each teams batters. For now tho i give it a quick glimpse and see if anything crazy sticks out. Thanks for the feedback !

Vince Carter
    Vince Carter's Avatar Become A Pro!

well i'm not saying it's a bad pick i'm just saying that you should be more careful with it