Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

MLB soooo much harder than NBA.... why so many takers ..?

is it the psychological need to conquer the game... it is Everest?

in 1953, when Sir Edmund Hillary was asked why he climbed MT. Everest (first person ever)

he said.. "Because it's there."

is that it, or because it is "America's" game, and everybody loves it...
    i had little interest in it, before trying to figure it out.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

because there are 10+ games every day during the summer (including weekday afternoon games) when the other major sports are off, and most people are degenerates who want action

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    because there are 10+ games every day during the summer (including weekday afternoon games) when the other major sports are off, and most people are degenerates who want action
    ahh.. yes of course.. it is not 'better' cocaine... just piles of it laying around.. hour after hour..
    so that is the 'dealer' we call...

i think you are right..

of course, more games only means more chances to blow one's $ away
    Last edited by Ratzz; 07-27-12 at 09:37 PM. Reason: oops

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

of course, more games only means more chances to blow one's $ away
    exactly.. books must make a killing in July/August.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

I'm breaking even in baseball right now

I just can't catch a break

pattymayo

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    I'm breaking even in baseball right now

I just can't catch a break
    It really has to be the hardest sport to predict, especially if you bet every single day. I think you can win if you really really pick your spots and are extremely disciplined, but too many variables if you bet daily. Too many shitty pitchers in the bullpen, unpredictable errors, etc etc.

For example, watching this Mets game and d-backs have bases loaded 1 out, guy hits a dribbler back to the pitcher, he clearly has no play at 1st by the time he gets it and instead tries to make the throw and throws it away, bam 3 runs score when only 1 should have. How do you predict that shit?

But on the other hand, even the worst team will win 60+ games, so that's at least 60 opportunities to bet a +130 or higher dog and cash in... playing RRL can be profitable too, because almost daily there will be at least 1 game decided by 3+ runs.

But of course, the problem is there's just too many games and we get too caught up and lose. Baseball betting is set up for you to lose, simple as that
    Points Awarded:

SteelRain gave pattymayo 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SteelRain

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    It really has to be the hardest sport to predict, especially if you bet every single day. I think you can win if you really really pick your spots and are extremely disciplined, but too many variables if you bet daily. Too many shitty pitchers in the bullpen, unpredictable errors, etc etc. ... (edit)*How do you predict that shit?**
    well said, intelligent words... i was thinking about MLB vs. NBA (and the money that came easily.. compared to this)
    and i thought... why the hell am i trying to figure out MLB??!... i can do reasonably well with NBA and WNBA... because only ONE element is a variable... the 'basket' itself is the 'mathematical constant', it never moves.

MLB is basketball with a DJ floating a basket around.. up and down to whatever song/beat he thinks is cool... and maybe guys figure out the beat of the song, or not. (almost never in fact)

i have expended enough energy towards something with most questionable payout..
    likely it will always be so... it is the 'hunt' that entices in this case (MLB)... not the kill.