GoonSquad
    Penn fuckin State
    GoonSquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cubs vs Cardinals 7/27

The cards are -165 right now. I feel like the line will go up to at least -180 when the game starts. Lynn has been a monster against the cubs this year. He has also only given up 1 run in his last 19 innings pitched. Travis wood has blown up in his 2 starts after the all star break.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cubs bats are ice cold compared to STL... The total will tell the story.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

word. love the thread. goon squad! my brother, I'm almost always ready to fade the cubs on friday afternoon at wrigley. castro and rizzo scare me, however. those two are wild cards that might influence my play. of course, every degenerate from coast to coast will be calculating a play on the early game... and I'm certainly no exception. leaning redbirds.

matt1216
    matt1216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1052

Hey guys has your book posted a total yet? i got my answer on what i want to play but just waiting for the total. hoping its around 8- 8.5

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Cubs are decent at home, cubs or nothing

daysleeper
    daysleeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2651

STL

matt1216

Boys my gut says cubbies 3-2 win. if the cubbies dont win i still think the under hits if its 7.5-8

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Real tough game to call I think on sides and total. Cubbies playing well right now and Cards offense is so up and down lately. They did blow the Cubs out a couple times last week in St Louis so we may have some extra motivation from the home squad here.

matt1216

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Real tough game to call I think on sides and total. Cubbies playing well right now and Cards offense is so up and down lately. They did blow the Cubs out a couple times last week in St Louis so we may have some extra motivation from the home squad here.
    ya thats what i was thinkin. as son as i saw cubbies playin stlouis, i said theres never a better time for redemption.ive noticed games are fairly low scoring at wrigley during the day as well. IF CUBS win, i think it will be low scoring.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Lynn has been regressing and he will only pitch worse as the season progresses as he is not used to pitching this many innings. Clear no bet for me here.

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    Cubs bats are ice cold compared to STL... The total will tell the story.
    I agree. Cubs had a day off. Thinking 7.5 or 8.

briedward
    briedward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3395

I'm backing StL for $500

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Wood has been rocked pretty hard last 3 starts. 16 and 2\3 inning = 16 earned runs and last week against Cards he went 6 innings giving up 6 earned. Fyi

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

On the flipside not really noticing any regression out of Lynn. By comparison his last 3 starts he went 19 innings only giving up 1 run. And last week against Cubs went 6 innings 0 runs and only 4 hits. Just some brief stats to look at.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Wow..don't know what everyone looking at but this game is a cointoss....cubs all day here...line messing with people mind.......waiting for +170

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Yeah I kind of agree Darkside. Not gonna lay heavy juice on Cards and they cannot be trusted on rl. Best play is to wait for Brock to post his 1 afternoon fukkin winner thread saying to take Cards and then you have your answer.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Yeah I kind of agree Darkside. Not gonna lay heavy juice on Cards and they cannot be trusted on rl. Best play is to wait for Brock to post his 1 afternoon fukkin winner thread saying to take Cards and then you have your answer.
    Haha the system never fails!

Kpop
    Kpop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol.. St Louis wins by 5+ runs

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Redemption? The cubs are playing with a bunch of rookies who couldnt give two sh*ts about the rivalry and aren't that good in the first place. The Cardinals are in the dog days of summer fighting for the playoffs after Beltran, Berkman, and Molina got the day off yesterday and they all hit well against Cubs.

Cards should take 2 of 3 here at least and I see no reason why the Cubs win with this pitching matchup. You guys are wrong its either Cards RL or nothing.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    Lynn has been regressing and he will only pitch worse as the season progresses as he is not used to pitching this many innings. Clear no bet for me here.
    Lynn "regressed" in June. Been one of the best pitchers in the NL in July. His #'s are pretty filthy against the Cubbies too.

Wood's #'s against the Cards and for day games aren't impressive at all. Cards take this after resting the big guns. Stole a game yesterday.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Quote Originally Posted by El Niņo View Post
    Lynn "regressed" in June. Been one of the best pitchers in the NL in July. His #'s are pretty filthy against the Cubbies too.

Wood's #'s against the Cards and for day games aren't impressive at all. Cards take this after resting the big guns. Stole a game yesterday.
    giving up 6 runs on 8 hits to the cubs very filthy indeed.