goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

roidger clemens

this does not shock me at all and if i had to give odds it would go like this

are they guilty
    yes -500
    no +380

LOS ANGELES -- Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte and Miguel Tejada were among the players that a former major league pitcher accused of using performance-enhancing drugs, according to a federal agent's affidavit, the Los Angeles Times reported Saturday on its Web site.

The agent for Clemens and Pettitte denied the accusations. Baltimore teammates Brian Roberts, Jay Gibbons and Tejada also were implicated in the sworn statement, the Times said; an Orioles spokeswoman said the team had not seen the report and had no comment.

Roger Clemens hasn't decided whether to come back for another season.
    In June, federal agents searched reliever Jason Grimsley's home in Arizona after the pitcher admitted using human growth hormone, steroids and amphetamines. Grimsley was later released by the Arizona Diamondbacks and suspended 50 games by Major League Baseball, and has not played since then

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just not heard that report myself bud.

Clemens might have had a quiet 50 game suspention after all, instead of that so called retirement stuff he was trying to sell everyone.

As far as the the others named goes. well, I think everyone here kinda assumed Tejada was on the juice, after that Palmerio implacation he tried to pin on him after he came back with a positive test.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

My guess is that most players of this generation had some kind of experience with steroids at some point in their careers and this includes the superstars who of course get most of the press.
    Of course if you want to take sides and point fingers we could think about how a guy like Greg Maddux might feel.
    If indeed he was "clean" he shouldnt feel very happy that his awesome career was somewhat overshadowed by the numbers of a so called "cheater"
    Anyway... just a thought...