Ez Money 77
    Ez Money 77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Hmmmm monday huh? Never heard that before......damn richers.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    Is "Monday" a derogatory term only for blacks?

Or would it mean the exact same thing if someone shouted it at a white player?

Never heard this term/slang before.
    EXACTLY! How can they prove this sh*t is racist?

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Why do you think an off-duty cop should be held to such impossibly high standards that heckling at a sports event is grounds to perhaps be terminated and lose his pension? It's like the expectation is for an off-duty cop to conduct himself like the President of the US. You serious here? People cry over their sports teams losing, they get into meaningless fights with other fans and occasionally hurl expletives, and in this case, a day of the week, toward athletes.

Is it really that big of a deal? Did he in any way abuse his authority by heckling an athlete while off-duty? Did anyone even realize this was an officer of the law (besides the whistle-blower) and therefore expect him to behave in a manner "becoming of an officer" as the report cites?

you obviously don't know the story. It's not the first time he's a racist, ESPN explained 3 other scenarios where he expressed racism towards blacks. If you ask me this guy is clearly a racist and should be fired no matter how under appreciated cops are. No room for racists in the force.

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

EXACTLY! How can they prove this sh*t is racist?
    Are you for real? Go do a little reading!

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alec Baldwin called some paparazzi "a little girl".

I thought it was the funniest sh*t ever. He was diffusing his anger, at the same time not getting into a useless fist fight with paparazzi scum.

am I to get offended that he called the paparazzi a "girl" because I'm female.

If the force fired this guy because there was constant complaints about him being racist - FINE. I don't know the whole story, and I'll roll with that.

But to get upset over someone calling you a Monday? That's absurd. Boo to Crawford, Boo to you, and boo to anyone else for being so hyper-sensitive that they can't call someone a day of the week.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Yeah, it is a big deal to me actually. Racism has no place in a civil society. Police officers are role models and should be looked up to. The officer in question also has a history of racism. Oh, that's right, he was just "heckling" a ball player. And the whistle-blower by the way was Carl Crawford.
    How's life in that fuking Christmas snow globe you live in pal?

I'm no huge fan of a lot of cops by any means, but to beat your chest and pull your hair out over why in this world cops are racist is crazy. I'd like to see you try to work in the police force in any racially mixed town in this country and remain cozy in that ivory tower

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Deal With It
    It's a conspiracy FACT!
    Deal With It's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

If you are white, it does not matter what you call a "black" person, they are going to take offense to it and get pissed off.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou, opie1988, and William Walters

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Alec Baldwin called some paparazzi "a little girl".

I thought it was the funniest sh*t ever. He was diffusing his anger, at the same time not getting into a useless fist fight with paparazzi scum.

am I to get offended that he called the paparazzi a "girl" because I'm female.

If the force fired this guy because there was constant complaints about him being racist - FINE. I don't know the whole story, and I'll roll with that.

But to get upset over someone calling you a Monday? That's absurd. Boo to Crawford, Boo to you, and boo to anyone else for being so hyper-sensitive that they can't call someone a day of the week.

Are you really this stupid or just trying to look dumb?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    What idiot decided that the word monday was gonna be a derogatory term, most ridiculous shit i have heard in a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This usage of “Monday” began to be recorded on Urban Dictionary in 2006, and it first made a
    n appearance in the online Racial Slur Database two years before that.

But it was the popular comedian Russell Peters, a Canadian of Indian descent, who put “Monday” on the map.

In a January 2008 standup routine for Def Comedy Jam (widely circulated on YouTube), Peters tells of a Bostonian referring to blacks as “Mondays” and giving the same bigoted clarification that “nobody likes Mondays.” “White people are getting real...clever with their racism,” Peters jokes ruefully.

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

The actual act of insulting a professional athlete is irrelevant.

However, if this guy is expressing racist thoughts publicly, what happens the next time he arrests a black guy and there's any room for doubt?

OJ walked in part because the LAPD kept on racist fukk Mark Fuhrman. You can't have those kinds of guys making big decisions on a daily basis.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

For all you saying its no big deal. The guy obviously knew it was a racist word and he is a cop. What are supposed to do? Say "okay mr. cop, you get that racist get out of jail free card this time you silly rascal, but now that everyone knows your racist go back to being a cop and policing society with black people in it"

EC4THREE10
    EC4THREE10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday night football is racist! Put it on tuesday please!

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    don't forget Milton Bradley!!!

hell his wife made up stories that teachers were calling Miltion's daughter the N word in school.

gotta love the race card in this day and age
    Biggest "monday" in the history of the Cubs is and will always be Candy Maldonado. Soriano is approaching it, mainly due to the contract.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Candy Mondayonaldo

YorkHunt
    I JUST RELEASED
    YorkHunt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1507

Where do people come up with this shit

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

As someone that likes to keep on top of all the new and hip racial slurs, I've got to admit, I've never heard this one.

What if you call a black person Tuesday or Wednesday? Any ramifications?

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Looks like we got a bunch of Monday lovers in here.

Unreal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Cops beat the shit out of normal people and break every law and never get fired....

Say Monday, get fired....

MatI

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Cops beat the shit out of normal people and break every law and never get fired....
    Show me a case where a cop has done this and it is reported in the media and the cop keeps his job.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tough call

He will not get fired though..possible buyout

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

What the fck is a Monday, is it suppose to be offensive. It's like a black guy calling me a cracker, I enjoy crackers and Monday's aren't so bad.

Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Tough call

He will not get fired though..possible buyout
    JJ, he has been fired, was fired yesterday around 4 pm... The Mayor of Leominster stated after an investigation that he has harassed or made racist statements to blacks 3-4 times prior, which they found out after the investigation....... It was a derogatory, he knew it and deserves to get fired. Try calling a cop a pig to his face and see where you end up.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EC4THREE10 View Post
    Monday night football is racist! Put it on tuesday please!
    Agreed, it's ridiculous that every other marquee sports event is played on other days of the week. I thought society had evolved past scheduling football games on "Monday's" --- obv. the most least liked day of the week, merely because of the demographic of the players.

Serious question: When will Sharpton and Jackson start rallying?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Why do you think an off-duty cop should be held to such impossibly high standards...

How low are your standards that you consider not yelling racial slurs impossibly high?

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Serious question: When will Sharpton and Jackson start rallying?

Serious answer: Maybe they'll rally this afternoon. Maybe next week, probably not at all.

Serious question: What does that have to do with the discussion we're having on whether or not a cop should be able to yell racial slurs in public?

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Serious question: What does that have to do with the discussion we're having on whether or not a cop should be able to yell racial slurs in public?
    You're reaching if the racial slur in question would have to be explained to 99% of the country. He may have acted like a dick. Does he deserve to lose his job and pension over it? Before the witch-hunt, was he disciplined at all for anything?

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know I'm the only one here who supports cops.

So I'd like to dedicate a song to this valiant officer:

I sang a few verses as I thought about this cop's valor and ingenuity.

"Have I ever told you that youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu're my heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero?.... "

Please hold on while I belt out a few more lines for this officer.

DoctorPhil
    DoctorPhil's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL. What a pussy. Whoever thinks someone should get dismissed for calling someone a "monday" has a severe "we must follow the civil rights conduct to the tee" complex. These are the type of people in society that are truly blind idiots who follow media propaganda without question.

The crime doesn't fit the punishment, I'd sue the police department for wrongful termination. Make up some BS like "I thought monday wasn't a derogatory term; I was just saying it because everyone hates monday" and make BANK.

On a side note, Carl Crawford is a pussy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR Lou

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Looks like we got a bunch of Monday lovers in here.

Unreal.
    let this be educational lesson #1 for EaglesPhan and all the neophyte trained liberals who lack the real world experience necessary to formulate their own opinions. ITD and PWAD should also watch it.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

You're reaching if the racial slur in question would have to be explained to 99% of the country. He may have acted like a dick. Does he deserve to lose his job and pension over it? Before the witch-hunt, was he disciplined at all for anything?
    Any employer can fire an employee for whatever reason they want. This guy just found that out. Even if this was the first time he did something dumb, the PD can fire his ass if they feel like it. I think its mostly a PR move, but it really is too damn bad. I dont feel sorry for him. Maybe next time he'll limit his use of racists slurs to private conversations.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    Show me a case where a cop has done this and it is reported in the media and the cop keeps his job.
    Too many examples, they just get suspended with pay.

SBR Lou

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post

Any employer can fire an employee for whatever reason they want. This guy just found that out. Even if this was the first time he did something dumb, the PD can fire his ass if they feel like it. I think its mostly a PR move, but it really is too damn bad. I dont feel sorry for him. Maybe next time he'll limit his use of racists slurs to private conversations.
    Add this list to words you cannot use without being seen as a bigot: "Monday". Ridiculous. Maybe he just didn't like Crawford's performance? Why does it have to be so unforgivably "racist"?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Whack Azz video...guy didn't put bike in rack like the security guard said and the so called victim could have call the police but didn't..

baskets

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    lol, you don't know shit about HR, much less about getting a cop in the brotherhood fired.

you know how hard it is for a cop to get fired? moron

can I take a wild guess and venture that your favorite day of the week is Monday?

First 1234 Last