cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mr. Crumbs Leans for Saturday 5/9/09

In today's action (no pun intended, T.A.) right off the top there's a false favorite in the Mets/Pirates game. With enormous crumbs there for the taking, I will have to take the team with the better guy on the bump. Since the line movement on the total went i nreverse immediately I willtake a stab at the under as well. Maholm is a great pitcher on a mediocre team.The Mets are also mediocre as evidenced by their record. This is a winable game for the Pirates. i am surprised the crumbs are so high given Maine's horrid record with the big chalk.

The Red Sox bats are in order right now. Kazmir and Lester are stinking it up this year so far. They get lit up again in this affair. These teams hate each other. This will be a spirited contest. Since I can't call a side, I will roll with the over only.

The Marlins are just a better team than the Rockies and I have to play them again facing an inferior opponent. It isn't good for the Rockies cause when facing Johnson who's the real deal and one of my favorte under the radar pitchers.

Pirates+155
    Pirates-1.5 +225 RRL Crumbs Play-O-The-Day
    Pirates/Mets under 9 +100 Maholm is pitching, why not?
    Boston/Tampa over 9.5 -105
    Florida-125 Taking the chalk on this one. Not enough reward for RL (+130) HEAVY
    Last edited by cocknocker; 05-09-09 at 01:21 AM.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

CK i always play the over in any match up between 2 AL east teams... shit is $$$!!!!

Also with you on that Brewers Run line The brew Crew is due against dempster he is 5-0 with a 3.00 ERA in six starts against the Brew Crew.

Like that mets under 9 as well. But i don't see your pirates winning..they are horrid on the road and Maine is 2.25 his last two out.. not good news for a Pirates team that can't seem to find the ball lately..bating .167 on the road . The under is def the play though homie...

melincrea
    melincrea's Avatar Become A Pro!

My picks did horrible today.. but riding the Jays again tomorrow, as they are now 8-2 after coming off of a loss. (2 units)

Also doing Yankees again. (3 units)

JayRow
    JayRow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4973

What's wrong about KC(Greinke) on the road vs LAA (Saunders) ML? Only -120 juice..

Alpinestars7
    Alpinestars7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

I was trying to figure out the same thing but his past trips to LAA he has had huge era and 2 losses and only 1 win he is on fire so not sure y it is so low its like -112 in my book......

cocknocker

I got rid of the Brewers and replaced them with the Marlins after I spotted a few more advantages in the Florida play. They are just a better team than Colorado and they are a streaky team. I sense that they are about to go on one here in Colorado. Since I think that they will win this series, then I am taking them again today HEAVY as well.

cocknocker

Angels crush the Royals today, in a big upset. The Royals are still who they are.

TodaysAction
    http://www.winningwithtodaysaction.net/
    TodaysAction's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7276

It's all good. I knew what you meant. Is there ever a time when you're not "here" as it seems like every time I log in, you're already accounted for. My quick take for your four listed (above), you're in for a nice day. Keep banging!

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

take the cws over tex... cws pitcher john danks is from tex and he embarassed himself against the rangers last week.. he will get it done this time at home and hedge your bet w/ the over... liriano is streaky and his last 2 starts were lights out.. take liriano in a revenge spot against hernandez who the public will be all over as seattle is putting together a losing streak.. fla is great on the road and i likes dem 2.. nl east better than poor nl west team..

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

picks for today so far:
    BOS
    PIT
    TX (..Danks is horrible...but the over might be a good option too...only 9...nice...still thinking about that one)
    MIL -1
    FLA (I love Johnson...I think I almost bet him every time he pitches)
    LAA (...streak will end)

GL

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cleveland is a nice little play today fellas...

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Maine still has good stuff, but he has been inconsistent. While I see the value in the RRL, I think the Under is the safer and better bet.

I really like the Fin's play.

BOS/TAMPA looks good too.
    Last edited by laxdjock; 05-09-09 at 08:58 AM.

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Won a little bit yesterday,but it is also a good thing.Now as for my plays for today are:

Afternoon games:

Pit RRL (3x) (L)

Bos RL (3x)

Atl ML (3x)

Night games:

Cle RL (3x)

Flo RL (3x)

Was ML (3x)

Sdg ML (3x)

Laa ML (3x)

Cin ML (3x)

And for the NBA:

Dal -3.5 (4x)

Cle/Atl Under 180.5 (4x)

Den/Dal Under 209.5 (5x)

Den/Dal Under 53 1st qtr. (5x)

GL TA
    Last edited by ragiche; 05-09-09 at 03:38 PM.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

So far I like ATL and DET today. I'm telling you guys, Edwin Jackson is the real deal. ATL/PHI over 9.5 looks pretty good too.

That SFG team total under 4 is at a good price right now. Been laying off that bet for a few days but might jump back on for a ride.

Edit:

Upon further review I don't think the SFG under 4 is a great value today. They average over 5 runs a game vs. lefties and Stultz is nothing special. The Dodgers hit lefties well too, don't know how much of that is because of Manny's numbers. I might take a stab at that over 9 for the game.
    Last edited by jellobiafra; 05-09-09 at 09:48 AM.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

scratch that TX game for me I am going with the total over 9 in that one...

...also adding DET later on as Carmona is just not the old one right now and Jackson was lights out...lets just hope Det bats wake up today...

I also would love to go with ATL here today... but Javier was god awful the last time and Blaton actually showed some improvement...hell I just cant...even if I like ATl a bit more today...

anyway

GL guys and lets hit that Pit game early on...

SlicWilly3
    SlicWilly3's Avatar Become A Pro!

Loving Seattle today fella's. King Felix at +money is just too good to pass up imo. Plus Seattle is 5-1 on the year facing a Lefty as they will be doing today. Take Seattle and the Plus Money to the bank

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:

Dodgers -1.5 +140

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by SlicWilly3 View Post
    Loving Seattle today fella's. King Felix at +money is just too good to pass up imo. Plus Seattle is 5-1 on the year facing a Lefty as they will be doing today. Take Seattle and the Plus Money to the bank
    ....will they hit? I'm not worried about Felix, but I'm worried about them scoring.

jellobiafra

This one I like. SEA has slightly higher splits vs. LH pitchers. SEA has scored 2 runs in their last 3 games. 4 in their last 4. They are due to break out at least a little bit, and even if they only scratch a couple runs across....like you said with King Felix it's a nice security blanket.

I'm gonna roll with you. Let's cash this one at plus money.

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

sat

mets/pitt under 8.5 2 units
    atl/philly over 10 2 units

GL homies!

jellobiafra

Posted this in another thread and I know CK you said above that the Angels win today, but...

Greinke at -120 is really inviting. I guess people think he's due for a letdown. I don't think so. Can't keep a .40 ERA, but the Royals are a good team coming off a loss with the best pitcher in baseball right now on the mound. At the price I think you've gotta consider it a decent play. I'm going to put 2.5 units on it.

Madetowin
    Madetowin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the Phillies here straight up -110 ML. AND also -1 1/2 + 175 some good value in that there.

kmarinouofm

I figured Mil was due against dempster.. but i guess the numbers are one sided.. Glad to see you are on the fish today.. this was one of my early learns last night... Fish are usually the first team i look at since i am a Miami Boy.

Hanley is finally starting to get hot.. which is bad news for everyone in the NL.

But the most staggering factors for me that make this game a big play are
    1.DeLaRosa is 1-3 record with an 11.57 ERA as a starter versus the Marlins.
    2.DeLaRosa gave up 6 runs on Monday AT san diego
    3.Coors FIELD BABY + Marlins Bats = HomeRun Derby TODAY!!!

cohen59
    cohen59's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kmarinouofm View Post
    I figured Mil was due against dempster.. but i guess the numbers are one sided.. Glad to see you are on the fish today.. this was one of my early learns last night... Fish are usually the first team i look at since i am a Miami Boy.

Hanley is finally starting to get hot.. which is bad news for everyone in the NL.

But the most staggering factors for me that make this game a big play are
    1.DeLaRosa is 1-3 record with an 11.57 ERA as a starter versus the Marlins.
    2.DeLaRosa gave up 6 runs on Monday AT san diego
    3.Coors FIELD BABY + Marlins Bats = HomeRun Derby TODAY!!!
    Watched the game last night Marlins looked great everybody was hitting and with JJ on the mound how can we go wrong

P.S.- South Fla is where its at lol right wit u

kmarinouofm

My boy FrozenMan was telling me the same thing.. but this is what I came up with Willy
    However I am actually leaning twins in this game and i will tell you why...
    1. Seattle even with 5 looses in a row should be the favorite tonight with their ace out there
    2. Hernandez is just getting over the flu and got rocked by Texas last outing. I think its going to take at least another game before he rights his ship
    3. Lirano is coming off his first win, and also back to back solid outings.. this pitcher is finally catching his stride this season. His last two games have been against very good hitting teams, Detroit & Tampa both of which he pitched very well.
    4. Payback for the earlier matchup this season two pitchers faced off and lariano pitched well and lost
    5. Mariners have been outscored 36 to 9 in the last 5 games.

just to many factors supporting the twins in my opinion.. in fact i might even play it for half a unit..

Rizzla
    Rizzla's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo42 View Post
    Booked:

Dodgers -1.5 +140
    ufff... Hard to play after 2 looses in a row.. any good motivation for your play?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I gotta take the mets vs my favorite team. Maine has been pitching very well the last 2 games and Maholm is nowhere close to as good on the road, the bucs bullpen is horrid and they are starting Vasquez after Bixler had a nice game yesterday.

Met's on a nice run and pirates on a bad run

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    Pirates ML +150 @ Mets (Tailing CK on the Pirates Crumbs.)
    Pirates -1.5 +240 @ Mets
    Rangers ML +110 @ White Sox (Millwood is in the zone right now. Any crumbs with him on the mound is to many)
    Marlins ML -130 @ Rockies (Johnson is the real deal)

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

1-0 mets early, jose reyes is a terror on the base pads

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzla View Post
    ufff... Hard to play after 2 looses in a row.. any good motivation for your play?

He stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.....

xxdjstriderxx
    xxdjstriderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

pirates in big trouble guys, gl. they dont look like theyre in any condition to win this one, really poor performance thus far.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

pirates only have 3 major league hitters in their lineup that aren't mired in a huge slump, tough to back them despite their pitching performances

cocknocker

Damn, it's only the 4th inning, guys. Give it time. The Mets bullpen itsn't so good either. If the Pirates chop the lead in half by the 7th, they will still be in position to get the backdoor win

cocknocker

Okay, now it's officially over! It's 6-0

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    Okay, now it's officially over! It's 6-0

tell me about it, 3 more runs and the under is toast....fukk

123 Last