MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

MagicDiceFlow's Pound Play for Sunday .........OAKLAND A's FIRST FIVE INNINGS

Two teams heading in opposite directions meet today with the A's and Twins on a Sunday matchup. Several strong factors will support our reasoning for taking the Athletics with Parker on the mound. Parker has been the A's stud. Brilliant most of the times with only a couple of shaky outings. Dominant in all of his starts, giving up only two runs or less, shaky in two starts of those 14.

However, immediately after the shaky starts of giving up 5 runs or more, Parker resumes his dominant ways on the next game, posting a sparkling under 1 ERA of just 0.70 in those starts after giving up 5 runs or more. Another important factor is Parker has pitched in almost a similar situation on May 29 , when he proceeded to shut out the Twins in 6 innings at Minnesota. Even though this will be the second go round, I don't expect the Twins to solve Parker.

The Twins offense is struggling once again....not a good spot to matchup against one of the AL's dominant young pitchers. Parker has proven he can be dominant on the road as well, shutting out the Twins back in May and posting an impressive shutout of the Rockies at Colorado, not an easy task even for the best of pitchers.

This is an excellent spot to take the ATHLETICS on the first five innings as the current line is even money. To get even money with Parker on the mound and the Twins mired in a four game losing streak.......it's a STRONG PLAY.

-------------ATHLETICS FIRST FIVE INNINGS/ EVEN MONEY---------------

BEST OF LUCK!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Wager Type : Money Line
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 548.00 / 548.00(USD)
    Accepted : 7/15/2012 10:15AM - PST

Sport / Period : MLB Baseball / 1st 5 Innings
    Selection : Oakland Athletics
    Time : 7/15/2012 11:10:01AM - (PST)
    Line : +100
    Pitchers : J. Parker - R - Must Pitch / B. Duensing - L - Must Pitch

ctr
    ctr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1095

mdf

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck today, MDF.

Any thoughts on the Cubs/D-Backs game? Not looking for a lean; just your general thoughts on the matchup.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    Best of luck today, MDF.

Any thoughts on the Cubs/D-Backs game? Not looking for a lean; just your general thoughts on the matchup.
    I actually like the Cubs in that game. DBacks are not the same team on the road. Their offense has been pitiful on the road. Garza has been very solid at home. Linesmakers are banking on AZ breaking out of their slump but I think the Cubs might take this one. Just my thoughts.....best of luck!

ParlayininHTown

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDiceFlow View Post
    I actually like the Cubs in that game. DBacks are not the same team on the road. Their offense has been pitiful on the road. Garza has been very solid at home. Linesmakers are banking on AZ breaking out of their slump but I think the Cubs might take this one. Just my thoughts.....best of luck!

As always, appreciate the insight. I was feeling the Cubs as well, but it's always hard for me to trust Garza and his emotional ways.

Love your play on the A's. The Twins are playing uninspired baseball this weekend.

Honestly, I'm going after the Cubs/D-Backs game because it's on TV. lol. Also on Yankees ML small right now. And I need Errani to finish off her match to finish a parlay and a pretty good weekend in tennis. Looking great at the moment, but you know how I stress out over these tennis matches until they're completely over ...

Keep crushing those books, MDF.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

As always, appreciate the insight. I was feeling the Cubs as well, but it's always hard for me to trust Garza and his emotional ways.

Love your play on the A's. The Twins are playing uninspired baseball this weekend.

Honestly, I'm going after the Cubs/D-Backs game because it's on TV. lol. Also on Yankees ML small right now. And I need Errani to finish off her match to finish a parlay and a pretty good weekend in tennis. Looking great at the moment, but you know how I stress out over these tennis matches until they're completely over ...

Keep crushing those books, MDF.
    No prob PHtown.....Also want to add, there's been some inside rumours that Justin Upton may be traded before the deadline. This may have an impact on Dbacks uninspiring play this month.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Damn - I missed this play. BOL.

nosaij
    nosaij's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7131

too late to tail but looking good bro!

aldo5408
    aldo5408's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

**** I missed it by 2 mins an now a's are winning

drew2
    drew2's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for the pick magic

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh baby, there's a 2 runner

drew2

home run gomes 4-1 oakland

hougigo

5-1 Oakland.... leggooooO!

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

BOOOOM ......A's display some batting practice on Duensing, three bombs in the inning.......6-1 A's boys!!!

drew2

6-1 oakland

ParlayininHTown

BOOOOM ......A's display some batting practice on Duensing, three bombs in the inning.......6-1 A's boys!!!

The Cubs are off to a great start as well

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

The Cubs are off to a great start as well

Yep, they sure are. Garza looks sharp at home. He's one of those pitchers that feeds off the heavy home crowd, totally different pitcher at home.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

I spot a very nice angle on the ESPN evening game. I'll have a big play for you guys on the Cards/Reds this evening. I'll have it posted when the starting lineups are confirmed, about an hr before game time.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

I spot a very nice angle on the ESPN evening game. I'll have a big play for you guys on the Cards/Reds this evening. I'll have it posted when the starting lineups are confirmed, about an hr before game time.

LOL You read my mind about giving us a heads up. Some of us were barely on our first cups of coffee when you gave the Oak first 5 play.

Looking forward to your analysis on the Cards/Reds match up. I capped that game all day yesterday thinking Cueto was starting. Now the change in variables will make a play more spicy.

hougigo

Thankkkk you Magic

BigPage25
    BigPage25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good call on the oakland game Magic

drew2

thanks magic oakland cashes

jackmyhoggoff
    jackmyhoggoff's Avatar Become A Pro!

THANKS MDF for everything !! Check your PM sent a message answer when you can.

ctr
    ctr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1095

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

well done MDF! Is there any chance you can let us know how often do you post plays and how long before each game starting? so maybe more people can tail you... I'm always looking up your name ^^ so it would make life easier knowing if I should look up before each game to see if you have anything up, or maybe if you can post a play a little earlier before all games starts - if that ain't too hard, I'm sure not only I but many more would appreciate it

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work~

AceKingHigh
    Going for the Win!
    AceKingHigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

And thanks in advance for this one

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Great pick

ParlayininHTown

MDF, you were spot on about Garza today. Thanks again for giving me the final push to make that bet. That win made up my meager loss on the Yankees game and then some.

Good luck on the Sunday night play. I hope a lot of people will be celebrating another winning bet in this thread tonight.

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia

MDF, you were spot on about Garza today. Thanks again for giving me the final push to make that bet. That win made up my meager loss on the Yankees game and then some.

Good luck on the Sunday night play. I hope a lot of people will be celebrating another winning bet in this thread tonight.