SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacific Star: Brewers +103 at St. Louis

Brewers +103 at St. Louis

Game Time: 9/29/2006 8:10:00 PM
    By: Pacific Star
    http://www.who2beton.com

The Brewers looks to keep the Cardinals on a downward spiral tonight in St. Louis.

After last night's loss to Milwaukee, the St Louis Cardinals lead in the NL Central is now just a half-game ahead of the Houston Astros. They have now lost eight of their last nine games and are reeling big time.

Tonight, the Brewers start southpaw Chris Capuano and this is bad news for the Cardinals. Not only is Capuano the Brew Crew's ace, but St Louis is an anemic 23-34 against left-handed starters this year. Furthermore, Capuano has had some success in the past against the Cards, going 4-2.

Cardinals starter Jeff Weaver could quite possibly be one of the worst starters in the NL. He is 7-14 on the season with an ERA of 5.79. He is even worse when pitching on his home field this season, posting a staggering ERA of 7.95.

The Cardinals are a team playing with a noose around their necks and we simply don't see them scoring enough runs against Capuano to make up for the shellacking Weaver is bound to take. Play Milwaukee.

Play: Brewers +103

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capuano has struggled recently, but look who he is facing (Weaver) I will pass on the side and take the over tonight.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I'll take a shot that STL will continue to struggle. Taking Capuano and the Brewers small.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Theres no way I could back Jeff Weaver in this game at all. He's looked really bad in his home starts this year. I too would lean towards the Brewers myself in this game owned.