stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5958

Baseball - who cares?

Slow. Dumb traditions. Too many kids at games kids are just annoying little money grubbing foks. Yes I know I was one too I don't care they suck. You go to the stall and it smells and some fat idiot's junk is within smelling distance AFTER you wait 20 minutes in line with a bunch of fat idiots farting out their junk food. More caught cheaters than any other sport. Guys with very limited skill sets in comparison to basketball and volleyball players grossly overpaid. Slow, announcers are stupid. Screw it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I rarely watch just bet it

Its a dying usa game

stevek173

Exactly Gold. Anyone who likes it at all is someone whose intelligence I have to question, Chi Archie for one.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    Slow. Dumb traditions. Too many kids at games kids are just annoying little money grubbing foks. Yes I know I was one too I don't care they suck. You go to the stall and it smells and some fat idiot's junk is within smelling distance AFTER you wait 20 minutes in line with a bunch of fat idiots farting out their junk food. More caught cheaters than any other sport. Guys with very limited skill sets in comparison to basketball and volleyball players grossly overpaid. Slow, announcers are stupid. Screw it.

Here is what I want you to do.

Go to your local batting cage and grab a regulation bat(-3) and go to the fastest cage they have. It's probably 80-85 MPH at most cages.

Try to make solid contact with the ball on 80% of your swings.

Then come back in here and tell me how these players have limited skill sets.

It's pretty damn hard to hit those 80-85 MPH cages, and now think about doing the same thing, only at 10-20 MPH faster, and with ball movement. The batting cage machines throw the ball in a straight line each time. Not so much playing baseball. Also in a cage you don't have to factor in off speed/breaking pitches. Also try doing it with a wood bat too.

I played baseball, and faced pitchers that are now pros(Jordan Walden, Kyle Drabek, David Carpenter, Blake Beaven) to name a few and hitting them was a chore. I have total respect for major league hitters and honestly don't know how they do it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

steve, i'd strike you out 3 times in 9 pitches man.

common

Rod1010
    Rod1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Americans like it.

No ******* clue why???? To each their own i guess.

Players like trout and harper give the sport some hope.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

baseball has bored me since i can remember. imo, its ranked up there with poker, pool and golf. its not a sport, its a game. too many overweight guys, and if you can smoke and play, or drink and play, its not a sport.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

And don't even get me started on pitching. Those pros can throw any pitch they want wherever they want. Throwing a fastball accurately is one thing, but try painting a corner with it. And I can't even throw a curveball, its a tough pitch to throw, but we have pros who can not only throw it correctly every time yet hide the fact that they are throwing a curveball and be able to locate it wherever they want to.

And fielding? Playing infield looks easy, but its not. The pros just make it look like a cakewalk but it requires a lot of skill. Playing outfield, it may be easy to catch those lazy fly balls, by try catching a screaming liner that is going right at you and making the right play on the ball. Or those guys who can throw out runners at home from right field.

stevek173

and half of those meatballs can't do a fokkin cart wheel, I would bet Fielder can't do one

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

steve, go paint you prick bro...

go find that asian
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stevek173

Rod1010

Too much standing around in baseball

These guys never run it's hilarious

Real men sports are coming up tho: Hockey and football :

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    baseball has bored me since i can remember. imo, its ranked up there with poker, pool and golf. its not a sport, its a game. too many overweight guys, and if you can smoke and play, or drink and play, its not a sport.
    Another uneducated opinion, likely from a guy who has never played baseball past little league.

When I played football, a lot of my team mates talked crap about baseball and how easy it was. So one day we were at the golf range and there were the batting cages and they all went into the 85 MPH cage and looked like a bunch of fools. Most of them couldn't even catch up to the ball and when they did make contact it was a little squibber or foul ball. Then I went in there and I was able to do well enough to convince my team mates that it does take skill.

Try facing a pitcher who throws 95MPH and then when you gear up for the fastball he throws an 83 mile per hour change up where when you swing and miss so hard you spin around in the batters box like a top. Then he finishes you off with a curveball that looks like its about to hit you in the head so your knees buckle and it veers right over the corner of the plate. Or those pitchers who throw the split finger fastballs that look like fastballs going over the plate only to have the bottom drop out and land in the dirt, but its too late, you already swung the bat. Then you think you have him figured out and won't swing at the next splitter, but lo and behold its a fastball that you watch go right over the middle of the plate. And then he throws a cut fastball that looks like a fastball but ends up cutting in at the last second so you swing the bat and it goes right off your fists on the handle and hurts your hands so bad that they won't stop vibrating for weeks.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

can't wait for football pre season and the olympics

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

I can only watch my Mets can't watch any other games, but give me a fuking break, a guy with a hockey avatar talking shit about baseball

KingJD31

Baseball is the most difficult sport by far it's not even close

Nicky Santoro
    Nicky Santoro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9461

as much as i used to die for baseball. by far was my fav sport, even more than hockey, and i'm canadian.. but i have to agree with Stevey boy here. baseball doesn't have the same flavor it once had in the 80's. it's no longer fun to watch.. and JJ is right, it is a dying sport. the ratings go down each yr in it. every yr, the WS becomes the least watched WS ever.. and as it's going down in ratings, basketball is now taking over as the 2nd biggest sport in US, after football, and bases is about to be 3rd. basketball has really become popular in the last 2 yrs, esp this yr. it was 3rd most watched final ever, and that's incl the Jordan, Magic and Bird days. basketball making a comeback and baseball dying.

i just don't like baseball like i used to many yrs ago, i don't know why. i don't even watch the games anymore and won't even watch the playoffs, nor this all star game. boring... and this coming from probably the biggest baseball nut of all time. i loved it so much, i was an umpire for 12 yrs and loved it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Another uneducated opinion, likely from a guy who has never played baseball past little league.

When I played football, a lot of my team mates talked crap about baseball and how easy it was. So one day we were at the golf range and there were the batting cages and they all went into the 85 MPH cage and looked like a bunch of fools. Most of them couldn't even catch up to the ball and when they did make contact it was a little squibber or foul ball. Then I went in there and I was able to do well enough to convince my team mates that it does take skill.

Try facing a pitcher who throws 95MPH and then when you gear up for the fastball he throws an 83 mile per hour change up where when you swing and miss so hard you spin around in the batters box like a top. Then he finishes you off with a curveball that looks like its about to hit you in the head so your knees buckle and it veers right over the corner of the plate. Or those pitchers who throw the split finger fastballs that look like fastballs going over the plate only to have the bottom drop out and land in the dirt, but its too late, you already swung the bat. Then you think you have him figured out and won't swing at the next splitter, but lo and behold its a fastball that you watch go right over the middle of the plate. And then he throws a cut fastball that looks like a fastball but ends up cutting in at the last second so you swing the bat and it goes right off your fists on the handle and hurts your hands so bad that they won't stop vibrating for weeks.

I just creamed my k-mart boxer briefs with a whole in the crotch

its time to ramp up my rehab and get ready for another tryout with the gary, indiana railcats. help me froggy

stevek173

I went to a Pirates game and there were a bunch of stupid, worthless screaming kids there, I was praying someone behind me would give me a sicilian neck tie and put me out of my misery

I went to Fenway, baseball's pride and joy and two people each hit 3 homers, still boring as fok

take the worst nba guy and he's 10x the athlete any mlb player is

Rod1010

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    I can only watch my Mets can't watch any other games, but give me a fuking break, a guy with a hockey avatar talking shit about baseball

Hockey: crazy dekes, crazy goals, insane bodychecks and of course FIGHTING

Hockey>>>>>>

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

You guys are hilarious. Most baseball players don't even make the major leagues. 99% of them toil around in the minor leagues making $1200 a month and never reaching the majors. It takes a really special skill set to play in the major leagues.

I guarantee every one of you would change your tune if you had to face even a Double A pitcher for an at bat. I doubt any of you would even come close to making contact.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    I just creamed my k-mart boxer briefs with a whole in the crotch

its time to ramp up my rehab and get ready for another tryout with the gary, indiana railcats. help me froggy
    Funny that you mention the Gary South Shore Railcats.

In college during the summer I would work for a independent league team, the Fort Worth Cats, on the grounds crew.

Gary was in the same league as the Cats, so they came in to play a 3 game series last summer.

During the game we sat out in our tent in the outfield behind the fence, and heckled the crap out of the Gary outfielders all 3 games. We got into one of their players' heads so bad that he went 1-17 in the series with 11 strikeouts I think. After Game 2 when we were getting ready to repair the field their players all surrounded us and tried to start a fight. Even their manager was in on it, and I put my finger in his face and told him to back off. He said if ******* my finger in his face again he would get me fired. So I did it again, and he ran to the general manager and complained and our GM didn't give a fuk. So all their players were pissed but then one of them said "Fuk these guys, lets all go get some steaks!" and that was the end of that.

So the next game, Game 3, all of us got foam fingers from the gift shop and were sitting in the outfield with foam pointing fingers to piss of the manager. The outfielders started to cuss at us, and were giving us lip all game. After they won the game in the 14th inning I think, they all flipped us off and called us names. But their right fielder got released after the game(he was the one who went 1-17 in the series).

We heckled them so bad one of their players were released. It was funny.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie, and stevek173

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

1 thing i am not is uneducated. very naive of you to assume that about me. my point was not that baseball is easy and that anyone can play, it was more in the way of sports versus games. imo, baseball is boring to me. sorry to offend you with my opinion...but to call someone you have never met uneducated is immensely ignorant.

stevek173

You guys are hilarious. Most baseball players don't even make the major leagues. 99% of them toil around in the minor leagues making $1200 a month and never reaching the majors. It takes a really special skill set to play in the major leagues.

I guarantee every one of you would change your tune if you had to face even a Double A pitcher for an at bat. I doubt any of you would even come close to making contact.
    Doesn't change the fact it's fokkin boring. Watching paint dry>World Series game 7

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Baseball is like golf, it is fun to play but not fun to watch, okay it is in fact boring as **** to watch unless youve got money riding on it then its a nightmare as you watch 4 hits in a row from some 3 ERA pitcher fuckin empty your wallet. In fact I would rather watch golf on TV bc in high def the courses look incredible

KingJD31

Take it from me my hs team won states when I was junior (I know another internet stud athlete) I got invited in the summer 06 to be on all Suffolk county team, just to make this story short we got fuking destroyed by couple Brooklyn teams I think I struck out in 7 of 8 abs and you get extremely humbled when you see 16-18 year olds painting 90 mph with developed off speed pitches,

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most ball parks empty
    Soccer gaining on them
    Hockey gaining on them
    games too long

KingJD31

It is boring to watch unless you got a team

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

People who enjoy watching baseball daily are approximately 0.25% more likely to have gonorrhea than somone who regularly enjoys watching Sesame Street.

Fact.

KingJD31

Hahah soccer gaining on them, to funny football basketball are not in summer so baseball will always dominate summer
    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Most ball parks empty
    Soccer gaining on them
    Hockey gaining on them
    games too long

stevek173

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    People who enjoy watching baseball daily are approximately 0.25% more likely to have gonorrhea than somone who regularly enjoys watching Sesame Street.

Fact.

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I`m not a north american but I know just two good north american inventions....jazz music and baseball.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

If baseball had anything competing with it during the summer would it even be watched?

ProfitBettingSov
    ProfitBettingSov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Baseball is just a horrible sport to watch. 9 long tedious innings, with the same guy throwing a ball at a guy with a bat, while some other players lounge around in the field. Same inane bullshit goes on for 9 innings and takes hours to finish. Awful awful sport.

And let's not forget the "athletes" like CC Sabathia who grace this sport and are supposedly good at it.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

Quote Originally Posted by ProfitBetting View Post
    Baseball is just a horrible sport to watch. 9 long tedious innings, with the same guy throwing a ball at a guy with a bat, while some other players lounge around in the field. Same inane bullshit goes on for 9 innings and takes hours to finish. Awful awful sport.

And let's not forget the "athletes" like CC Sabathia who grace this sport and are supposedly good at it.
    Exactly. You'd never see a fatass on a football field.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

You could make an argument for any sport just like what you're doing with baseball.

12 Last