EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dumbest Umpire Ever

Greinke ejected after four pitches by the 1st base ump [Holbrook] for spiking the ball onto the ground after a runner was called safe @ 1st on a bang-bang play. Terrible umpiring. Ump should be suspended.

alta
    alta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10353

Should have gottin his balls worth and thrown the ball at the ump instead of the ground, if that's all that's going to get ya tossed.

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

You don't know shit about umpiring. Of course a player is gonna be ejected for showing up an umpire like that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    You don't know shit about umpiring. Of course a player is gonna be ejected for showing up an umpire like that.
    Especially when you have pussy egomaniacs umping games like you see in the bigs. They think they're a part of the game. They want you to know them by name. Good umps should be like good offensive linemen -- invisible.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Grienke a pussy headcase, prob deserved it, not like it would matter his garbage ass would get tagged on road anyways...prob was looking for a early exit so he didnt have to be embarrassed by shithole stros..

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39513

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Especially when you have pussy egomaniacs umping games like you see in the bigs. They think they're a part of the game. They want you to know them by name. Good umps should be like good offensive linemen -- invisible.

Had you took Astros, you wouldn't even say a damn word. Typical no coincidences whining when things don't go his way

EaglesPhan36

So by your logic, anyone who ever breaks a bat over their knee in frustration for a called third strike should get tossed too because that is showing up the ump, right?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    So by your logic, anyone who ever breaks a bat over their knee in frustration for a called third strike should get tossed too because that is showing up the ump, right?
    Exactly. What's the difference?

EaglesPhan36

His wikipedia page has already been updated to reflect today. It's Bud Selig's team too ... c'mon Bud, show 'em some commish justice. Do one thing right for once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Holbrook

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19224

That was the right call. Players get tossed if they throw their helmets onto the field.

If you blame anybody, you blame Greinke. Very foolish on Grienkie's part.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Grienke a pussy headcase, prob deserved it, not like it would matter his garbage ass would get tagged on road anyways...prob was looking for a early exit so he didnt have to be embarrassed by shithole stros..

Stros ML

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Exactly. What's the difference?
    The difference is that guys only do it when they swing and miss.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The difference is that guys only do it when they swing and miss.
    What do you mean?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post

Stros ML

like i said, everyone on Mil can act like this why they lost but bottom line was they were paying for a ace (which Greinke is at miller) that is not a ace on the road..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

like i said, everyone on Mil can act like this why they lost but bottom line was they were paying for a ace (which Greinke is at miller) that is not a ace on the road..
    I'm not saying Greinke isn't at fault or that he isn't totally unpredictable on the road. I'm just not seeing anything that warranted an immediate ejection there. Maybe something had already been said to him before that -- I don't know.

2daBank

What do you mean?
    he means when you swing and miss and break your bat it is looked at as frustration at yourself, when you throw ball down like a little bitch because of a call you are showing the ump up...if i was ump i would have bitch slapped Greinke whiny ass

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

he means when you swing and miss and break your bat it is looked at as frustration at yourself, when you throw ball down like a little bitch because of a call you are showing the ump up...if i was ump i would have bitch slapped Greinke whiny ass
    So if a guy gets caught looking and breaks his bat in the dugout, he gets ejected?

2daBank

So if a guy gets caught looking and breaks his bat in the dugout, he gets ejected?
    in the dugout quite different than on the mound in the guys face..

2daBank

ill argue this all day simply cause i hate Greinke and all the bitchbag brewers for that matter,,,but greinke a pussy bottom line..

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

It was an overreaction. Simple as that. Umpire probably even wishes he could take it back. But... 'YOU'RE GONE... wait, nevermind' looks even worse.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    It was an overreaction. Simple as that. Umpire probably even wishes he could take it back. But... 'YOU'RE GONE... wait, nevermind' looks even worse.
    what bitch boy did was ok? throwing ball down cause he was unhappy with call? i would have knocked him out then said i overreacted later..

PickWinnerAllDay

what bitch boy did was ok? throwing ball down cause he was unhappy with call? i would have knocked him out then said i overreacted later..
    Zambrano has done far worse and not been ejected for it is all.

2daBank

Zambrano has done far worse and not been ejected for it is all.
    big Z is a man..Greinke is a little bitch boy...doubt umps wanna cross Big Z...

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

ill argue this all day simply cause i hate Greinke and all the bitchbag brewers for that matter,,,but greinke a pussy bottom line..
    So you're going to argue it not because of the issue itself but because of your own personal ignorance. You should go into politics.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    So you're going to argue it not because of the issue itself but because of your own personal ignorance. You should go into politics.
    coming from a ignorant mil fan i will take that as a compliment...normally im ok with you, far as mil fans go you are 1 of the more reasonable ones..personal ignorance my ass personal disrespect for a guy that has incredible talent but a little girl mind is more like it..

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

coming from a ignorant mil fan i will take that as a compliment...normally im ok with you, far as mil fans go you are 1 of the more reasonable ones..personal ignorance my ass personal disrespect for a guy that has incredible talent but a little girl mind is more like it..
    So you disrespect a guy because he has an illness. That makes you way more classy.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

is there a video of this yet?

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

I'm convinced many of these people officiating games (mlb, nba, whatever) are frustrated players who were never quite good enough to make it as pros. Many of them also are convinced that the crowd is there to watch them.

Did Greinke fukk up? Sure, he did. But a good ump would have simply chewed his ass for all to see and allowed him to go back to the mound with his tail tucked between his legs.

I wasn't watching the game but I did see the video. And by Greinke's immediate reaction to getting the boot, I doubt he said anything disparaging to the ump; he just spiked the ball in the opposite direction after taking a few steps away from him, no less. Sure, it was unprofessional and the letter of the law warrants an ejection. However, good umps - those who actually take pride in being an ump and not a celebrity - should also factor in the spirit of the law.

EVPlus

Quote Originally Posted by GOIRISH View Post
    is there a video of this yet?
    go to mlb dot com

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    I'm convinced many of these people officiating games (mlb, nba, whatever) are frustrated players who were never quite good enough to make it as pros. Many of them also are convinced that the crowd is there to watch them.

Did Greinke fukk up? Sure, he did.
    Exactly.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

PickWinnerAllDay

An umpire in the Mets/Cubs game just rung a guy up to end the game on a pitch at least 5-6 inches off the corner. I'm guessing he did this because the previous 2 pitches were also 5-6 inches off the corner and the fans were crying about them being called balls.

Kind of a pussy move.

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39513

Quit whining. Plays are usually correct on the field.

EVPlus

An umpire in the Mets/Cubs game just rung a guy up to end the game on a pitch at least 5-6 inches off the corner. I'm guessing he did this because the previous 2 pitches were also 5-6 inches off the corner and the fans were crying about them being called balls.

Kind of a pussy move.

And this is just one example of how I gain an edge in the crazy business. These are games played by humans, officiated by humans, cheered and booed by humans.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    go to mlb dot com
    thanks

Dumb call, reminds me of when howard got tossed playing the astros back in 2010

12 Last