cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK's Daily MLB Thread Leans or Cinco de Mayo

Well now I have had a little time to observe the movement of the lines for today's games, and I have taken a liking to the following:

Minnesota+105 Fading Porcello until he gets right
    San Diego-110 50/50 shot? I'll take the home team
    Pittsburgh-110 Same as above
    Arizona+110
    Arizona-1.5 +180 RRL Crumbs Play O The Day

I orignally wanted to take the Pale Hose, but their injury list isn't updated yet about Jermaine Dye or Jim Thome being in the lineup. Without the big boppers that one turned into a no play for me.

Porcello is hitting the skids and I have to fade the kid until he gets his act together. At the same time I like Blackburn as well. Twins get the job done in unfamiliar surroundings. In my opinion they should have been favored to begin with.

San Diego is just well overdue for a win and the line tells me that the linemaker has problems making them a home dog. I like them especially coming off of the blowout loss to the Rockies yesterday.

What the hell did Weaver do to deserve this kind of price tag? Give me the Snakes and the Crumbs. I'm gonna step in and fade my favorite team on this one. Manny and Company will rough up the kid Scherzer a bit, but the Snakes will also rough up Weaver who is the king of giving up long balls. This is not a AAA rehab start. These are professional hitters with families and everything.

BigMoney's Afternoon Crumb Delights

Orioles+169
    Rangers+140
    Rangers-1.5 +210 RRL

These are small plays but if they hit they will pay the light bill

NHL Playoffs courtesy of hockeytown11

Chicago-150
    Detroit-130

These are small plays but why not? I 'm trying to pay the light bill!
    Last edited by cocknocker; 05-05-09 at 04:14 PM.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

You're gonna fade the Dodgers at home tomorrow? And you're gonna get greedy about it too? Ohh Kay.... Not sure what's so offensive about a -130 price tag on a team that's yet to lose at home going against a rookie, but...

It's what I love about your picks, though. Good luck man! I'll be on the other side of that one.

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Someone lost his 'f '
    Last edited by cnleaf; 05-05-09 at 11:09 AM.

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

Going with the Dodgers tomorrow with moneyline and RL, riding those Dodgers until the wheels fall off, plus some early games...

Houston RL +125 (Oswalt on the mound. He's gotta win this game)!!!!!!
    Toronto RL +155 (Brett Cecil pitching for Toronto, just called up from the minors. Lets hope for a miracle.!!!)

Let's see how the cookie crumbles..!!!

Main Event Mafia...Here we gooooooooo..!!!!!

Good Luck to all with their picks.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
    Toronto RL +155 (Brett Cecil pitching for Toronto, just called up from the minors. Lets hope for a miracle.!!!)
    Not sure I agree with your betting strategy, but good luck

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

tor,st.louis,seattle,oak,cinn,nyyankes maybe
    Last edited by danrman; 05-05-09 at 04:19 AM.

sweetjones55
    554-381 (59.2%) NBA/WNBA/Football Record
    sweetjones55's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fading the Dodgers right now after winning 11 straight at home? I don't see the value in that. You're not even getting a great + line.

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

HOU early on

GL

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by sweetjones55 View Post
    Fading the Dodgers right now after winning 11 straight at home? I don't see the value in that. You're not even getting a great + line.

yeah but remember in baseball the dogs bark the loudest. just ask my bankroll.

JayRow
    JayRow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4973

What is RRL?

Thanks.
    JR

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JayRow View Post
    What is RRL?

Thanks.
    JR
    Reversed Run Line

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

Early games for me are:

Wahoos ML (6x)

Sfo RL (3x)

GL all.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by jellobiafra View Post
    You're gonna fade the Dodgers at home tomorrow? And you're gonna get greedy about it too? Ohh Kay.... Not sure what's so offensive about a -130 price tag on a team that's yet to lose at home going against a rookie, but...

It's what I love about your picks, though. Good luck man! I'll be on the other side of that one.

I'm not fading the team per se, jello, I am fading Jeff Weaver the geezer. Dude is like 32 and a small timer playing down on the farm and comes back to the big leagues and in his first start fresh out of the minors he gets a -130 price tag?

This guy has been from Nashville to Buffalo to Albuquerque in the span of two years. McDonald wasn't hot but this was the wrong guy to replace him with. Arizona is desperate for a signature win. Last night on ESPN there was a big to do about how the Dodgers are breaking records for their home winning streak. Since I'm a die hard Dodger fan that is good news. Since I'm a wagering man that was bad news for the Dodgers.

Hell I faded the Lakers last night with no problems and got some good money
    Last edited by cocknocker; 05-05-09 at 12:53 PM.

cocknocker

BigMoney's Afternoon Crumb Delights

Baltimore+169 Uehara is a good pitcher and the O's always have good bats
    Rangers+140
    Rangers-1.5 +210 RRL

These are all small plays but could potentially pay the light bill if they hit!

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

1. Pick OAKLAND behind BRADEN-lefty pitchers

Oakland is 10-2 last 12 games vs. righty pitchers starter.
    Oakland is 9-3 vs. losing teams.
    Oakland is 6-2 after scoring two or less runs in their last game
    Oakland is 4-0 when the OVER/UNDER is 9.0 to 10.5.

LA Angels are 4-10 off a win
    LA Angels are 5-16 in Game 2 of series.
    LA Angels are 1-4 last 5 games vs. lefty pitchers
    LA Angels are 2-5 last 7 Tuesday games.

2. Pick LA DODGERS behind WEAVER-righty pitchers - HEAVY

LA won ALL 11 home games this season. Keep riding them until they lose their 1st game.
    LA is 18-6 against the NL West this year.
    LA pitcher Weaver is 26-9 against the ML last 35 games vs NL Teams scoring 4.3 less runs/game this season.

The Diamondbacks are 0-6 in the last 6 meetings in Los Angeles Dodgers.

3. Pick St. Louis behind Wainwright-righty pitchers - HEAVY

Wainwright owns Phillies, he is 3-0 against Phillies
    Wainwright has held the Phillies to a .229 team batting average
    St. Louis is winning by scores of 2-1, 10-2 and 8-3.
    Albert Pujols is hitting .346 against Myers with two home runs in 26 at-bats.
    St. Louis is winning 90% after 2nd Loss this season.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I hear what you're saying CK, and any other time in the year under normal circumstances I'd probably be right there with you. But I jumped on the LAD train last night and caught them on the run line. The intent is to bet them every game til they lose at home and last night's cash pays for the inevitable loss. So if they lose tonight I basically break even (up slightly b/c of the run line last night). So while I'd like them to win tonight, I really don't care that much. One more point in Weaver's favor is the lineup he's facing though. It's not exactly the '29 Yankees.

TAPDATBOOK
    TAPDATBOOK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 250

CK,

F......ucking shitssss, I hate to be on opposite side with you on the Dodgers game.

what do you think about Oakland and St. Louis? Thanks

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona is very tempting tonight but I am staying away from fading LA at home until they lose a game.

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by TAPDATBOOK View Post
    CK,

F......ucking shitssss, I hate to be on opposite side with you on the Dodgers game.

what do you think about Oakland and St. Louis? Thanks
    I love St. Louis, but there is slight reverse line movement on it for them, so I took them off of my play list today. As far as Oakland is concerned, I rather like their team total today. I think that that game goes over the total

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
    Arizona is very tempting tonight but I am staying away from fading LA at home until they lose a game.

I want to be in on the parade. Because when they lose one at home the chances are they will likely lose two in a row as the public winds up on them the following game.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

has any1 seen the lineup sweet lou fielding against linscom 2day plus wind blowing in im on cub tt un 3.5 =105

cohen59
    cohen59's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol i just bet San Fran TT under 3.5 that is not lookin to good thanks molina but i have SF hard for the first 5 innings so i guess i should thank Molina one more time wit TL on the mound i dont see the AAA cubs comming back in the first half of this game

2daBank

yea that hurt me a little also cohen got cubs tt un3,5 str8 but i parleyed sf w under 7.5 hopefully litscom can shut them out and we get a 6-0 sf winner

Bobby518
    Bobby518's Avatar Become A Pro!

So much for the Washington/Houston Under. . .

RkD KiD
    RkD KiD's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK...o/u is at 7 1/2 for the Texas Seattle game...im thinking putting money on the over here would be pretty safe?

2daBank

dont worry ck there are always ppl that hate the best this guy probly hated jordan also. gotta do somthin 2 make himself feel better for the record i dont tail picks but ck i appriciate everything you do on here neva really bet big on any sport but nfl cause ive always just been very good at pickin that and i cant wait to start applying some of the principals ive learned from you on these other sports to that and any1 that thinks your crumbs plays are a bad idea in my eyes they have to be boarderline retarded or just flat out jelous so keep doing your thing brother and if this guys even betting real money he be broke soon or mabey just get hit buy a bus that list you came out with at 1st of year bout fading big money pitchers has been makin me str8finally starting to get my boys to see the
    2daBank's SBR

2daBank

3-2 sf through 5 gonna be close 4 cubs tt un 3.5 and sf un 7.5 parley lets get some scoreless inn here guys

peterpan19

oh boys...what a game in Washington today...but the Houston bullpen is killing me here today...damn it...just lost 2 units...

peterpan19

sea -1 -106 3x

GL...if it hits I will have more plays for today later on...if not I done for today...

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    Rangers +140
    Twins -1.5 +150

cocknocker

Brian Roberts with the 2 run dong muthaf*ckas! Hello! Let's go Orioles!

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey boyz hope all is well,I have been dealing with a personal situation at home have not had a lot of time but thought I would check in see how everyone is doing, I have been crushing nhl playoff hockey hit 12 of last 14 tonight I am playing huge on both Chicago and Detroit in baseball take the Twins team total over Porcello doesnt pitch past 5 innings and thats even if he is pitching well which means you get 4 innings against Tigers bullpen and trust mean Tigers pen is brutal

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by RkD KiD View Post
    CK...o/u is at 7 1/2 for the Texas Seattle game...im thinking putting money on the over here would be pretty safe?

I think that it's unreasonably low of a total but I would probably go with the flow because of that and take the under. I mean there's a reason for everything, right?

cocknocker

Hey hockeytown11, how's everything? Is that situation getting any better? Either way I hope so very much that it has. Get at me if yu have a chance later on.

Thanks 2daBank. I really love to get paid bonus money when I win. I am livng proof that you don't have to wager anything over -130 in order to turn good profits with MLB.

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

ck,
    thanks for asking,its not getting any worse which is a positive at this point,day by day brother thats all we have anyways. Load up on Detroit and Chicago tonight in pucks I wont steer you wrong.

1234 Last