EC4THREE10
    EC4THREE10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bet the board? Or selective picks?

Hit a nice parlay the other night. Now just wondering what you guys feel way more profitable?

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Pretty easy decision here

EC4THREE10

Yes i agree ... But i seem to be hitting 10+ games a night thats why i asked... Just bet the board 25 a game and one big bet 100.00. lets see if this style is profitable!

newbottles
    newbottles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 475

You always need to be selective to some extent. The correct balance varies depending on the individual skill set. Some would say only bet 1-2 per day at the most, others are fine betting 75% of the board most days. I am currently betting around 50% of the board most days but am still fine tuning things.

Every day there are games where I almost immediately conclude I see no angle just by scanning the numbers for <5 minutes. Perhaps look on identifying these sorts of games and eliminating them, then going from there.

Personally I weight my level of conviction with a simple wager/no wager approach, and flat one unit per wager, but folks certainly succeed with varying wager sizes too. With your approach I would recommend equal wager size for every game.

It is also useful to track 'leans' that you have less conviction on, and use your wager vs leans performance to inform whether you should be more or less picky.

Best of luck. Any method that wins consistently is the right one!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I would never encourage betting the board to anyone. 6 picks a day or fewer is generally the best way to go and that's if you have a couple totals thrown in. If you are just playing sides usually 3-4 or fewer is the best way. To each his own though! GL

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

honestly there is no right answer to this question, personally id say betting the entire board is somewhat excessive but at same time i dont agree with the whole "limit your play approach either" , if you are confident in your capping you should play everything where your numbers lead you to believe there is value.. personally i dont like to play more than 3-5 baseball gms a night but that is cause of time constraints make it easier for me to focus on a handful of series as i find breaking entire series down and attacking in right spots works best for me.....but hell you should see me with college hoops where i will have anywhere from just a couple plays to up to as many as 20 on a saturday with a full card (lots more value to be found in that sport, for me anyway)..

do what works best for you, most importantly tho is make plays where you feel you have a solid edge dont just be forcing plays for the action, if you can manage that then the answer will be simple...
    Last edited by 2daBank; 07-03-12 at 03:54 PM.

EC4THREE10

Thanks for all the great feedback! I love the different approach to the same goal which is be profitable! .. Helped a ton!

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Props to Newbottles.....his post is great advice.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

You cant honestly say that on everyday you find a legitimate edge on every side/total for every game. Agree with above post, some games i can look at and just be like " nah, pass"
    I dot really play any of those prop type bets(run in 1st, who scores 1st etc) not my thing and the 1st inning run prop never goes my way. I too use to bet a lot of shyt everyday but it just fukks up the profit betting so many games. Just stick to trying to nail a handful of picks max and ive noticed the differrence, just my preference really...

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

Quote Originally Posted by newbottles View Post
    You always need to be selective to some extent. The correct balance varies depending on the individual skill set. Some would say only bet 1-2 per day at the most, others are fine betting 75% of the board most days. I am currently betting around 50% of the board most days but am still fine tuning things.

Every day there are games where I almost immediately conclude I see no angle just by scanning the numbers for <5 minutes. Perhaps look on identifying these sorts of games and eliminating them, then going from there.

Personally I weight my level of conviction with a simple wager/no wager approach, and flat one unit per wager, but folks certainly succeed with varying wager sizes too. With your approach I would recommend equal wager size for every game.

It is also useful to track 'leans' that you have less conviction on, and use your wager vs leans performance to inform whether you should be more or less picky.

Best of luck. Any method that wins consistently is the right one!
    This is advice the OP and any other newbie should take to heart.

When I look at a day's card, I start at the macro level then make eliminations. When/IF there are a few remaining plays, I'll scrutinize and see if I can whittle down the list more. I then take my strongest leans and cap the MotherFukk out of them. If I still don't feel strong about a play, I'll write it off as a good exercise. If I feel good enough, I'll place my bet knowing that, with disciplined money management, I'll be in the black at the end of each season. In other words, if a bet loses, I don't throw a tantrum, post pity-party threads, start fading myself, or any of that nonsense.

There are plenty of days when I have zero action. And that's the difference from those who cash on a consistent basis and everyone else.

EC4THREE10

Yes i agree!I am not new to capping just new to hitting a great parlay and now the ab is healthy. Was just wondering the best route to take! Defiently love the input!