No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Why are the Reds +113?

Leaned Cincy last night, but the line has moved strongly in the Giants' direction since. Reds hit lefties well and Cueto > Bumgarner. Thoughts?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I like the Giants at home here.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I like the Giants at home here.
    Why Big D? I'm open to suggestion.

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

A few theories:

The perception may be that Giants can win no matter who starts on the mound ( I wonder how many squares auto-faded timmy yesterday? )

Also, after pitching the gem and bringing in two runs with his bat last week, people may believe Cueto will regress a bit.

Theriot is 13-40 .325 with OPS of .836 against Cueto.

Red's bp may be fatigued and they certainly embarrassed themselves yesterday. It should be noted, however, their main closer got the day off.

AT&T may frustrate Reds big bats early in the game. This is definitely not home-run friendly like Great American.

If Cueto has an off day, Baker may put on his dunce cap and wait too damn long before calling in the bp. Giants are pretty good at holding onto a lead once they get ahead (the walk off homer in their final game against A's notwithstanding). The fact that the Reds have a long road trip ahead of them doesn't help their cause.

I also think there is the overall impression that Giants are a hot team that can close the deal while the Reds are a very good team that can disappoint.

The market has adjusted in the later hours to a more reasonable price. I am still NOT going to take either team here. Cueto can pitch lights out again or he can falter for an inning or two and that's all the Giants may need.
    Last edited by EVPlus; 06-28-12 at 07:53 PM.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Took over 6 at -107 or something. looking like a good play now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by EVPlus View Post
    A few theories:

The perception may be that Giants can win no matter who starts on the mound ( I wonder how many squares auto-faded timmy yesterday? )

Also, after pitching the gem and bringing in two runs with his bat last week, people may believe Cueto will regress a bit.

Theriot is 13-40 .325 with OPS of .836 against Cueto.

Red's bp may be fatigued and they certainly embarrassed themselves yesterday. It should be noted, however, their main closer got the day off.

AT&T may frustrate Reds big bats early in the game. This is definitely not home-run friendly like Great American.

If Cueto has an off day, Baker may put on his dunce cap and wait too damn long before calling in the bp. Giants are pretty good at holding onto a lead once they get ahead (the walk off homer in their final game against A's notwithstanding). The fact that the Reds have a long road trip ahead of them doesn't help their cause.

I also think there is the overall impression that Giants are a hot team that can close the deal while the Reds are a very good team that can disappoint.

The market has adjusted in the later hours to a more reasonable price. I am still NOT going to take either team here. Cueto can pitch lights out again or he can falter for an inning or two and that's all the Giants may need.
    Good post. Thanks.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Took over 6 at -107 or something. looking like a good play now.
    how is that "looing like a good play now" when the majority of bets are on the over and yet the line opened at 6.5 and has dropped to 6 everywhere

you also got two pitchers who can go deep and practically shut out the O

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Sorry I didn't give an analysis of why I liked the Giants. I got caught with some work at the office late today.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Leaned Cincy last night, but the line has moved strongly in the Giants' direction since. Reds hit lefties well and Cueto > Bumgarner. Thoughts?
    very well pitched game. another coinflip game goes to SF